What's new

How do you Air Juggle?

Sorry for such a newb question, but I don't really play fighting games. How do you perform air juggles in this game? Particularly how do you even figure out what moves connect with what, etc? I keep getting these air juggle challenges during STAR Lab missions and they don't seem to work even when I get the correct number of hits while the enemy is in the air.

Flash for instance has a 6 hit air juggle challenge. I do a double back kick to bounce the opponent off the back wall followed by 1,1,2 then air dash and get 6 hits, but it doesn't register. Do I need to do all six hits while they are in the air, and if so, how??

Komatose

The Prettiest
If you are allowed to use your trait, I would incorporate that into the combo, allowing for more hits.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well I can't say on the Flash's stance, but, a juggle is any series of hits that are don while the opponent is airborne. To understand what strings and moves to use during a juggle you will have to explore you character of choice in the lab(training mode). It takes a large amount of practice, but it is a key component in learning the game.

I use Harley and below is anexample of a imple juggle combo:

2, U+3, JI2(Jump in 2 attack), 1,1,2

This can also be fllowed up by doing a TS(tantrum Stnace)1, B+2, which would allow you to even repeat the above possibly haven't tried it much yet.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

I guess I will have to work on those challenges when I have time mess around with those characters. I just can't seem to get a feel for why some hits seem to flow naturally into others but not others, and how to keep things "airborne". I mostly just use Bain so I don't have to worry about all these complicated combos.

TheSpore

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

I guess I will have to work on those challenges when I have time mess around with those characters. I just can't seem to get a feel for why some hits seem to flow naturally into others but not others, and how to keep things "airborne". I mostly just use Bain so I don't have to worry about all these complicated combos.
You should spend time with the more speedier characters too though Bane is cool in all but, if you don't understand how the speed demons work you will have much trouble facing them. BTW take the time to learn the advanced stuff it will make you even better at the game.

Thanks for the advice, though to be honest I don't really play to win, so idea of spending time in practice just turns me off as I have no idea what to do there beside memorizing move sets.

Fast characters are fine but they are too button-mash-ey and temperamental with the piss poor D-pad on the dualshock for my taste. I like feeling like I have some control.

TheSpore

Thanks for the advice, though to be honest I don't really play to win, so idea of spending time in practice just turns me off as I have no idea what to do there beside memorizing move sets.

Fast characters are fine but they are too button-mash-ey and temperamental with the piss poor D-pad on the dualshock for my taste. I like feeling like I have some control.
Its cool if your happy with that, but the practice mode offers much more than allowing to learn moves and combos, if say on character is giving hell with a paticular move you can use the record playback function figure out how to get around it.

It still doesn't make any sense to me. I'm doing Bain's now and it needs a 4 hit juggle, but Bain only has 3 hit strings. I just don't see how you can do this or any of the others without some sort of guide in hand.

zaf

professor
For the star labs you need to hit them after a launcher. Thats what a juggle is. Find a launcher with low recovery frames and just hit them in the air with standing 1s

Is that for Flash? I can't get it to work.... Anyways I ended up just using bullet time to get that one. Thanks anyways.

zaf

professor
Yea its for flash.

Just bring them to the corner.

Press down and 2.

Then time 12 three times..... I can really make a video if you want.. If you cant do that juggle you might have trouble with full combos

I don't know they didn't just seem to connect. Kept hitting the floor after the first 12. I think I might be doing it too fast or something. I keep expecting the game to keep up and queue my inputs like in DOA, but I don't think it does.

Anyways, it's fine I already got the challenge and moved on. :) Just need to figure out Bain's now.