What's new

Hellfire into Lao teleport

I just got caught by a scorpion player who would end a combo with hellfire and then teleport with Lao, trapping me in what felt like an infinite combo? I couldn’t armour out of it, I just had to wait for my meter to fill to break. Is there a way to escape this?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
You cannot escape it, but it isnt an infinite, it is a simple combo extension. Scorpion can do the same with Motaro's teleport and Khameleon's fan lift - however, it will only extend twice before they run out of meter, after that the combo will likely end.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
You cannot escape it, but it isnt an infinite, it is a simple combo extension. Scorpion can do the same with Motaro's teleport and Khameleon's fan lift - however, it will only extend twice before they run out of meter, after that the combo will likely end.
this^ basically, DONT GET HIT!!! Flame is a low, is super unsafe, so the scorpion player is opening you with normals into low fire

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So basically you can extend combo with lao teleport after hellfire ? Do I understand correct? Been trying this and cant get it
That is correct. You do the hellfire, then do the lao teleport BEFORE the enemy stops his "Im on fire!!!" animation and then hit him with something else. It works with Motaro's teleport and Khameleon's Fan Lift. Try practicing with Motaro first, as the timing is less strict.

I can do it with motaro or sektor rocket 100% of the time but Lao is some diffefent lvl. Maybe patched or smthing.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I can do it with motaro or sektor rocket 100% of the time but Lao is some diffefent lvl. Maybe patched or smthing.
Have you tried holding the kameo button? If you just tap it to teleport, you will not be able to do a falling air punch to start your combo, and maybe that is the reason you might be mistiming it.