What's new

General/Other Heat vision combo concept, NOT Heat Zap. Pre-patch damage potential?

TKB

Noob
The combo isn't practical because you have to activate trait, then immediately hit the other person right at the peak of their jump with a very deep J3, and the jump has to be super floaty, i.e- Hawkgirl/Black Adam.
I gotcha, but there are other ways to start it as well and get similar damage(not quite as much) correct?

I'm not a superman player, I'm just asking for clarification. :)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I gotcha, but there are other ways to start it as well and get similar damage(not quite as much) correct?

I'm not a superman player, I'm just asking for clarification. :)
He can get a more practical 88/89% for 4 bars. His corner damage alone makes him top 10 imo- TOD combos/resets everywhere. Even more so now thanks to Darksyde

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
has to be situational I think vs practical. That's up to the player. Most of the time, post clash, I don't even get to finish my 64%-72% combos, they are already dead

xQUANTUMx

Just thinking outloud here. My opinion only. These are really good, but right now I'm on the fence.
  • On average for the reg bnbs and stuff, it adds approx 5% more to your combo
  • the timing seems like it is a lot tighter on lower hitbox chars (Flash, Catwoman etc), increasing your chances of dropping the [5% higher combo] for the reg. one
  • as per the video (not necessarily your notation) you have to decrease the damage by about 3-4% because you generally aren't going to RGHV as an ender, you want to keep them in the corner (so, using f2d13, d3, b23, or 3~breath)
  • could eventually keep these combos for hitbox chars like Green Lantern and higher (ie. Lantern, Martian, Aquaman, Doomsday etc), but it's your choice if you want extra shit to remember
  • The TOD combos may very well be worth looking into more. Being able to kill without the divebomb is interesting and a potentially great asset.
So the question then becomes: At this stage of the game, do I want to invest practice time to be able to execute these under pressure (i.e. a local or a larger tournament setting) or do I want to maybe leave 4-5% on the table in exchange for NEVER dropping the heat zap bnb, which is universal on all chars and is slightly more forgiving with respects to timing?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Just thinking outloud here. My opinion only. These are really good, but right now I'm on the fence.
  • On average for the reg bnbs and stuff, it adds approx 5% more to your combo
  • the timing seems like it is a lot tighter on lower hitbox chars (Flash, Catwoman etc), increasing your chances of dropping the [5% higher combo] for the reg. one
  • as per the video (not necessarily your notation) you have to decrease the damage by about 3-4% because you generally aren't going to RGHV as an ender, you want to keep them in the corner (so, using f2d13, d3, b23, or 3~breath)
  • could eventually keep these combos for hitbox chars like Green Lantern and higher (ie. Lantern, Martian, Aquaman, Doomsday etc), but it's your choice if you want extra shit to remember
  • The TOD combos may very well be worth looking into more. Being able to kill without the divebomb is interesting and a potentially great asset.
So the question then becomes: At this stage of the game, do I want to invest practice time to be able to execute these under pressure (i.e. a local or a larger tournament setting) or do I want to maybe leave 4-5% on the table in exchange for NEVER dropping the heat zap bnb, which is universal on all chars and is slightly more forgiving with respects to timing?
Also on certain Stages geat vision whiffs. Such as the right corner on the inside of wayne manor. Yes I am aware it only does like 5-4% more damage. But starting a combo like these witb traut are way more frightening. So I recommend untill we can activate trait during these without d2; we hold off. Agreed?

xQUANTUMx

Also on certain Stages geat vision whiffs. Such as the right corner on the inside of wayne manor. Yes I am aware it only does like 5-4% more damage. But starting a combo like these witb traut are way more frightening. So I recommend untill we can activate trait during these without d2; we hold off. Agreed?
yes I think it's a step in the right direction if you're mining for damage. Maybe if we can refine them to being a little more universal or practical we can maybe concentrate on the death combos or something