What's new

Harley's wakeup

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Tantrum stance seems to get stuffed really easily, did they change her wakeup to something else, or it just bad now? Also... I miss silly slide :(

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
It doesn't have full invincibility, changing wakeup timings is key.
I see, but I thought that delaying your wakeup meant that you lose wakeup iframes though. Unless you mean to use it as a trick. Seems pretty risky to try that vs a decent player.

I think harley deserves a decent wakeup, she's hardly got anything OP that makes her undeserving of a wakeup option imo.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I see, but I thought that delaying your wakeup meant that you lose wakeup iframes though. Unless you mean to use it as a trick. Seems pretty risky to try that vs a decent player.
You do, it's to keep your opponent guessing when to press buttons. If they whiff a string then stand up and whiff punish.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Damn, that sucks inputting it as a wakeup, does it atleast have a good amount of iframes?
It isn't that bad. My only problem with cmd grabs in this game is cancelling them from down pokes. The window is way tighter than in MKX and inj1, so the amount of times i get up pistols instead of the grab and get blown up from it is ridiclupus.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If ya gotta go for wakeup just go for tantrum anyway, play doctor only hits high. If you want a reliable wakeup just find a different character so just roll those dice and hey if tantrum hits its full combo :)
Who still has reliable wakeups? Aquaman doesn't, Black Adam doesn't, Superman doesn't, hell I'm not even sure if GL's lift is reliable.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Who still has reliable wakeups? Aquaman doesn't, Black Adam doesn't, Superman doesn't, hell I'm not even sure if GL's lift is reliable.
supermans rising grab seems hell of reliable enough to me, never been knocked out of it yet. GL lift aint his good reversal the wall is. Darkseids knee also seems p dang decent.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
supermans rising grab seems hell of reliable enough to me, never been knocked out of it yet. GL lift aint his good reversal the wall is. Darkseids knee also seems p dang decent.
Right. I miss how most specials were decent WUs in Inj 1, but I guess it's only fair with delayed WUs being in this game, especially that they buffed them so your character doesn't tilt their heads up to give away that they're delaying.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Kinda sad about so many of the invincible wakeups being worse. One of the things I enjoyed about I:GAU was you either had to respect people's wakeups or find elaborate ways to stuff them. Felt damn good whenever my timing was on point and I d1'd batgirl out of her cartwheel on wakeup. It sure as hell couldn't happen on accident either.

Course that's what I got Hyena's for now. Almost entirely certain that Harley will be able to blow up every wakeup in the corner with a delayed hyena. Of course, I don't even know what most characters wakeup options are in this game, lol.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Kinda sad about so many of the invincible wakeups being worse. One of the things I enjoyed about I:GAU was you either had to respect people's wakeups or find elaborate ways to stuff them. Felt damn good whenever my timing was on point and I d1'd batgirl out of her cartwheel on wakeup. It sure as hell couldn't happen on accident either.

Course that's what I got Hyena's for now. Almost entirely certain that Harley will be able to blow up every wakeup in the corner with a delayed hyena. Of course, I don't even know what most characters wakeup options are in this game, lol.
I feel we should atleast be able to mb our wakeups to give iframes.

Reactions: 24K

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Pretty sure this is the third character thread I've seen the statement:

"If he/she had a fully invincible wake-up, they would be much better."

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Pretty sure this is the third character thread I've seen the statement:

"If he/she had a fully invincible wake-up, they would be much better."
I mean... Harley has never been great, low - low mid tier in Inj1, Hyenas are great, but she lost her all important plus stings and of course silly slide, which was a great way for her to get in and made people actually fear her potential somewhat. The cast is really tough, the least she deserves is a good wakeup. Although I'd prefer silly side back which I doubt will happen now. I feel she's been needlessly nerfed compared to inj1 and she wasn't that good a character to begin with.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I mean... Harley has never been great, low - low mid tier in Inj1, Hyenas are great, but she lost her all important plus stings and of course silly slide, which was a great way for her to get in and made people actually fear her potential somewhat. The cast is really tough, the least she deserves is a good wakeup. Although I'd prefer silly side back which I doubt will happen now. I feel she's been needlessly nerfed compared to inj1 and she wasn't that good a character to begin with.
Her wakeup is fine, just use delay wakeup or tantrum to low crush their pokes. She's a much better character this game

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Her wakeup is fine, just use delay wakeup or tantrum to low crush their pokes. She's a much better character this game
Why would you think that? Other than her hyena setups (which are great) I don't see it, i'd honestly rather have inj1 harley in this game, but i'm probably missing something, if you're saying that.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Why would you think that? Other than her hyena setups (which are great) I don't see it, i'd honestly rather have inj1 harley in this game, but i'm probably missing something, if you're saying that.
So you think it's fair that she should have a fully invincible, low-profiling wake-up, which leads to a full combo into a restand?
Alright

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Harley doesn't need anything, she is an insanely strong character.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Harley doesn't need anything, she is an insanely strong character.
Ha, ok, forgive me if I don't take your word for it. You need to explain your reasoning otherwise your post has little to no meaning.

Case in point, I had a 90% win rate with harley in inj1. In inj2 it's 65%. Iv'e been using her character for years, then I picked up superman in the lab for a day and i'm averaging 85% win.