What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Patch Notes and Related Match up Discussion (Oct 1st Patch)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As I said, it doesn't need to be a troll if it is a high still. It could be meant as a way to keep people from trying to punish the stinger by being able to delay MB. I hope it is a mid though, because GA being able to have a Killer Frost safe slide that doesn't lead to combos on hit, for 1 bar, shouldn't be too much to ask for!
I believe they tested that before putting on the patch notes, it should be a mid, because if it isn't then what's the point of it? Waste another meter? Well, lets wait till next Tuesday do find out.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I believe they tested that before putting on the patch notes, it should be a mid, because if it isn't then what's the point of it? Waste another meter? Well, lets wait till next Tuesday do find out.
Yea I agree, most people would punish with d1 so even as a frame trap it won't work well. Let's just hope it isn't an oversight;)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I respect the staying positive. If it was my character itd be a concern ,just sayin.
I'm a pessimist when it komes to Arrow balance changes.

If they left it a high I would be deeply upset. My training partner is already getting me upset by telling me how great Arrow is and that he doesn't need anything. He hates the character for some reason..

jaym7018

Noob
I'm a pessimist when it komes to Arrow balance changes.

If they left it a high I would be deeply upset. My training partner is already getting me upset by telling me how great Arrow is and that he doesn't need anything. He hates the character for some reason..
Green Arrow is one of my favorite DC characters but i just cant stand to play him in this game. It saddens me.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
These changes make me feel like trying Arrow again. I was never competent with him to begin with, but that was also in the first few weeks of the game when I was struggling just to understand the NRS command interpreter. Would be really nice to be able to play one of my top favorite superheroes again.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Green Arrow is one of my favorite DC characters but i just cant stand to play him in this game. It saddens me.
I personally like him because I like hooded characters. I love the Arrow show. I like his mind games. And I like versatility in a character..

The reason I didn't pick him up day 1 was because I thought he was going to be a zoner but when I saw that he wasn't I picked him up.

jaym7018

Noob
I personally like him because I like hooded characters. I love the Arrow show. I like his mind games. And I like versatility in a character..

The reason I didn't pick him up day 1 was because I thought he was going to be a zoner but when I saw that he wasn't I picked him up.
I just think hes really flow charty. No real mix ups just abusing his d1 and arrow for frame advantage. He becomes pretty limited when you face a guy who can block his f2d13 string. He also takes a ton of work to win with, though he does have the necessary tools.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I just think hes really flow charty. No real mix ups just abusing his d1 and arrow for frame advantage. He becomes pretty limited when you face a guy who can block his f2d13 string. He also takes a ton of work to win with, though he does have the necessary tools.

That's how I feel about a lot of characters in this game..

D1~low arrow doesn't grant frame advantage. If anything it feels negative. Like -1.

F2D13 is very wiff punishable. If people jump F2 and you did F2D1 then they kan land and still kombo you AFTER they hit the ground. That's one of my biggest gripes. Jumps in general escape him. If someone jumps and you hit them as they start the jump with F2 the follow up D1 doesn't konnect and it leaves you negative.

jaym7018

Noob
That's how I feel about a lot of characters in this game..

D1~low arrow doesn't grant frame advantage. If anything it feels negative. Like -1.

F2D13 is very wiff punishable. If people jump F2 and you did F2D1 then they kan land and still kombo you AFTER they hit the ground. That's one of my biggest gripes. Jumps in general escape him. If someone jumps and you hit them as they start the jump with F2 the follow up D1 doesn't konnect and it leaves you negative.
I enjoy playing batgirl cause she has a yolo factor which is fun and she handles jumps well in a game with weak anti airs.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Random question: Do you guys think, actual block advantage depending, that GA will get new useful mixup or pressure tactics based on use of MB stinger? Stuff that might not be safe enough now that could become worth it, or some particular tricks that might open for him with enough frames?

7L

Heads up!
Random question: Do you guys think, actual block advantage depending, that GA will get new useful mixup or pressure tactics based on use of MB stinger? Stuff that might not be safe enough now that could become worth it, or some particular tricks that might open for him with enough frames?
Just wait to see what I have planned. Prepare for mind games...

thecrux

Y MELO
correct me if im wrong, but the second hit after the stinger mb is a high, do u think this will change? it wld mean people would be able to duck under the meter burn version on block...

thecrux

Y MELO
I just looked at this last night....it looks like it should hit. Besides, NRS will test this. I think...I hope...Oh God, we're screwed.

i was testing it against doomsday when he has trait on,and not blockin, the second hit of mb stinger goes right over his head when he ducks!! i hope they made it a mid

jaym7018

Noob
i was testing it against doomsday when he has trait on,and not blockin, the second hit of mb stinger goes right over his head when he ducks!! i hope they made it a mid
Lol i have sucessfully struck fear into the hearts of GA players, sleep well these next few days GA players muwahahahahah.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I just looked at this last night....it looks like it should hit. Besides, NRS will test this. I think...I hope...Oh God, we're screwed.

It all depends, with the normal one being -13 now instead of -25, it changes how fast the MB hit comes out, so that might be what makes it hit even if they are ducking, and if you can duck it, we'll have to see how fast he recovers. Or the MB version might be useless. It all depends. I mean, just the threat of this should stop them from pushing a button after the normal one because the MB would hit them if they try punish thinking it's a normal one, no?? thats my thoughts on it anyways,

Cant really test right now, because it's not the new version of the move, have to wait until tuesday. WW's D3 will probably be a move that can punish every time, since she disappears when she does it.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
It all depends, with the normal one being -13 now instead of -25, it changes how fast the MB hit comes out, so that might be what makes it hit even if they are ducking, and if you can duck it, we'll have to see how fast he recovers. Or the MB version might be useless. It all depends. I mean, just the threat of this should stop them from pushing a button after the normal one because the MB would hit them if they try punish thinking it's a normal one, no?? thats my thoughts on it anyways,

Cant really test right now, because it's not the new version of the move, have to wait until tuesday. WW's D3 will probably be a move that can punish every time, since she disappears when she does it.
I thought about this, but re-evaluated that d1 will punish a high without getting hit every time.

Noone is checking out my glitch freeze reset tech in the general thread though:/

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I thought about this, but re-evaluated that d1 will punish a high without getting hit every time.

Noone is checking out my glitch freeze reset tech in the general thread though:/

I missed that, I'll take a look. Make it's own thread then man.