What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
UMM did darkseid high omega beams always hit GA out of low shot???
If not it now does
Okay, I'm glad you said this and I'm not crazy. Lately it seems like high projectiles have been hitting GA during a certain portion of low arrow animation. I thought I was just letting go of down too quickly but it's been happening consistently against a few different characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
UMM did darkseid high omega beams always hit GA out of low shot???
If not it now does
Okay, I'm glad you said this and I'm not crazy. Lately it seems like high projectiles have been hitting GA during a certain portion of low arrow animation. I thought I was just letting go of down too quickly but it's been happening consistently against a few different characters.
It has to do with the "fix" they did to not make him able to jump through high projectiles with his arrow drawn.

He originally had this problem in Injustice 1, then (it is my speculation that) they fixed it by just making highs wiff on his krouch shot animation, but they didn't change the hurtbox of the character itself. It's probably a limitation of the way they use their models.

Anyway, since they changed it back, I think some of those Injustice 1 issues are kreeping back in. It's not exactly changed back, because in Injustice 1, he got hit from practically all highs, but it's probably kloser to the original Injustice 1 form.

@colt
I don't like to tag you, because I feel like people komplain too much to you, but I thought you should know this, if you don't already. Also, it'd be nice to know how right or wrong my speculation is.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I posted in the other thread about facing BDons Fate. He massacred me, but I felt hopeless in the matchup because at midscreen, his projectiles were still hitting me while drawing arrows. If the above issues are accurate, this matchup just got worse.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
It has to do with the "fix" they did to not make him able to jump through high projectiles with his arrow drawn.

He originally had this problem in Injustice 1, then (it is my speculation that) they fixed it by just making highs wiff on his krouch shot animation, but they didn't change the hurtbox of the character itself. It's probably a limitation of the way they use their models.

Anyway, since they changed it back, I think some of those Injustice 1 issues are kreeping back in. It's not exactly changed back, because in Injustice 1, he got hit from practically all highs, but it's probably kloser to the original Injustice 1 form.

@colt
I don't like to tag you, because I feel like people komplain too much to you, but I thought you should know this, if you don't already. Also, it'd be nice to know how right or wrong my speculation is.
Yeah, this is what I figured. It's pretty frustrating already.

thecrux

Y MELO

@colt

IT happens with almost every high hitting projectile, deadshot wrist canons, Harley Quinn and redhood’s high hitting projectiles and so on.

The frames where he releases his arrow he is momentarily no longer in a crouching positing. He can still duck and hold his trait but become vulnerable when he releases it.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
IT happens with almost every high hitting projectile, deadshot wrist canons, Harley Quinn and redhood’s high hitting projectiles and so on.

The frames where he releases his arrow he is momentarily no longer in a crouching positing. He can still duck and hold his trait but become vulnerable when he releases it.
After playing even more, it's happening pretty consistently. Played Gunshow's Firestorm last night in a long set and he was picking up on his straight blast (regular and MB) trading with an arrow and eventually just started timing his attacks to get the trade.

I really hope this is a bug and not intentional because a lot of MU's for Arrow will only get harder as people pick up on this.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

After playing even more, it's happening pretty consistently. Played Gunshow's Firestorm last night in a long set and he was picking up on his straight blast (regular and MB) trading with an arrow and eventually just started timing his attacks to get the trade.

I really hope this is a bug and not intentional because a lot of MU's for Arrow will only get harder as people pick up on this.
It's one of the things that made him a low tier at the beginning of Injustice 1 so it will definitely make him weaker if what you say is true. I've been putting more time into Manta and Guilty Gear so maybe that's a good thing, because this would disappoint me..

Levaranoia

War God
Good to know that I wasn't crazy when I'd end up trading with all these high projectiles. Shit needs to be fixed. It's annoying as shit.

thecrux

Y MELO
It's one of the things that made him a low tier at the beginning of Injustice 1 so it will definitely make him weaker if what you say is true. I've been putting more time into Manta and Guilty Gear so maybe that's a good thing, because this would disappoint me..
I agree, it is part of what makes him a good character and a viable counter pick for some zoners.

I have listed all of the high projectiles/attacks that now hit green arrow whilst doing low arrow:

Subzero’s iceball

Swampthing’s vine grab

Green Lanters high blast

Harley Quinn’s pistol fury

Batman’s batarang and straight grapple

Redhood’s Gotham stars projectile

Deadshot’s wrist cannons

Starfire’s trait

Green arrows trait (his own)

Blue beetle’s energy cannon

Aquaman’s trident toss

Darkseid’s omega beams

Captain Cold’s cold blast

Raiden’s lightening bolt

Black Manta’s harpoon

The only high hitting projectile that seem to whiff are:

Superman’s straight lazer

Joker’s gunshot

Supergirl’s trait

And firestorm’s blast (this one is inconsistent for some reason)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I agree, it is part of what makes him a good character and a viable counter pick for some zoners.

I have listed all of the high projectiles/attacks that now hit green arrow whilst doing low arrow:

Subzero’s iceball

Swampthing’s vine grab

Green Lanters high blast

Deadshot’s wrist cannons

Starfire’s trait

Aquaman’s trident toss

Darkseid’s omega beams

Raiden’s lightening bolt

Black Manta’s harpoon

Joker’s gunshot

Supergirl’s trait

lol I almost got bodied by a Swamp Thing because I couldn't figure out why the vine grab was somehow connecting. This is ridiculous.

Subzero’s iceball

Swampthing’s vine grab

Green Lanters high blast

Deadshot’s wrist cannons

Starfire’s trait

Aquaman’s trident toss

Darkseid’s omega beams

Raiden’s lightening bolt

Black Manta’s harpoon

Joker’s gunshot

Supergirl’s trait

didnt they change this? i dont notice it anymore atleast on my end

thecrux

Y MELO
You sure? I mean, maybe Yammini got up but it looks like he had the issue in this video at around 3:47...
Thanks for pointing this out.

This is true, I just tested it, it seems as though only Swamp Thing’s vine grabs can hit him while he’s doing his d4. All other high projectiles whiff as normal. I am not sure whether this is something intentional or not.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

This is true, I just tested it, it seems as though only Swamp Thing’s vine grabs can hit him while he’s doing his d4. All other high projectiles whiff as normal. I am not sure whether this is something intentional or not.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that Swamp Thing could possibly win this match up then, one trade with the vine grab is like over 20% life gone, and you gotta always respect that log kick too, plus is he starts beating you with the trades it's hard to approach him with Arrow due to his godlike F2 string

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

I doubt it's intentional but NRS's approach to Arrow in the past has usually been to make sure he's not too powerful. In other words, they'd rather overnerf him, than overbuff him. In Injustice 1, when someone found some dirt in the korner with him, it was kompletely removed and they added another nerf to him on top of that. At the same time, they left other characters, with much cheaper stuff, the same. I think they want him to be viable but not powerful, and when they have to choose between two things like this (a glitch that benefits him or a glitchy patch that nerfs him) they choose to keep it this way until they kan get around to fixing it. They've had an overall better approach to balance in this game though, so I think they'll get around to fixing it.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Tournament set with Biohazard this weekend. As you can see, the Swamp Thing/Arrow MU is very different now with Swampy's changes as well as vine grab connecting while crouching. Really hope it's just a bug because as of right now, I have no idea what part of the screen we want to be on to fight this character.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Tournament set with Biohazard this weekend. As you can see, the Swamp Thing/Arrow MU is very different now with Swampy's changes as well as vine grab connecting while crouching. Really hope it's just a bug because as of right now, I have no idea what part of the screen we want to be on to fight this character.
I would say it's definitely a 5-5 now, you have the constant threat of his vine grab while you're zoning, and if it connects it does like 25% lol.
It should connect if he has the garden out and gets armour, but otherwise it shouldn't be hitting arrow while he's doing low shots, it's stupid.
Can't really rush him down too well either since his F2 is godlike, and log being nearly plus if blocked from max distance means you gotta kind of respect the vine grab if you block it and therefore lose your turn to zone back