What's new

Google+ shutting down on April, does that mean...?

Hi everyone, I just noticed today that google+ is shutting down on April. My youtube channel and all the vids are connected with google+, back then I didn't even connect it with google+, it has done that automatically / youtube has forced me to do it.

Since then I didn't even know how to get google+ removed from my youtube account.

My question is, once google+ shuts down on April does that mean all my videos and my youtube channel is gone / get deleted? All the work Ive put in for the last 10 years is gone?

"On April 2nd, your Google+ account and any Google+ pages you created will be shut down and we will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be deleted."

All my vids and the content Ive been creating over all the last years are connected to google+
and like I said before, I never wanted to get connected to google+, youtube forced me to get connected to google+ back then. :(
This would be really sad if that's the case.

Last edited:

Zed

BOONKGANGWHOLELOTTAGANGSHIT
From what I understand, Google + was working kind of like a storage unit, therefore its essentially deleting "back ups" of your videos. The content you uploaded to youtube will still be ther because its a different platform entirely. Hope this helps!

From what I understand, Google + was working kind of like a storage unit, therefore its essentially deleting "back ups" of your videos. The content you uploaded to youtube will still be ther because its a different platform entirely. Hope this helps!
I really hope so.
Im not sure what you mean with back ups of my vids, I uploaded all my vids on youtube but for some reason these are also connected and got shared on my google+ frontpage.
Currently I can only sign in youtube with my google+ account.
Once google+ is gone, I hope I can sign in normally again.

Thanks for the quick response.

Zed

BOONKGANGWHOLELOTTAGANGSHIT
I really hope so.
Im not sure what you mean with back ups of my vids, I uploaded all my vids on youtube but for some reason these are also connected and got shared on my google+ frontpage.
Currently I can only sign in youtube with my google+ account.
Once google+ is gone, I hope I can sign in normally again.

Thanks for the quick response.

So,
Think of google plus as a secondary platform. When you used google+ to sign in and you'd upload them to both Youtube and Google+. Though they are ran by the same company they are two seperate platforms. When google plus goes out, you will lose the videos only on google +, but the youtube content should not be altered. I can try to explain a little deeper if this still isn't making sense.

So,
Think of google plus as a secondary platform. When you used google+ to sign in and you'd upload them to both Youtube and Google+. Though they are ran by the same company they are two seperate platforms. When google plus goes out, you will lose the videos only on google +, but the youtube content should not be altered. I can try to explain a little deeper if this still isn't making sense.
Almost all the videos Ive uploaded on youtube are also on google+ frontpage.
I don't even know how to upload videos only on youtube without these getting shared on google+ as well.
I dk, guess all I can do is wait and see what happens on April 2nd.
Thanks anyway.