What's new

FrozenWorm's MKAdvance Kombo Video

This is a trailer of a kombo video I'm making for MKAdvance... yes the crapiest MK game ever (besides MK4 for GBC) will have a kombo video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fic3x1ugH54

The problem is, I'm getting out of ideas... so it would be nice to have opinions, ideas and if possible contributions.

This is the most damaging juggle I make with Ermac: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGhVE064LM

And finally something I achieve with Noob Saibot wich I believe it might be an infinite, I would like to have help for this because ]I cant make it longer than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6FrxAYY7L8

I hope you like this effort to get the best out of the worst MK game ever because is hard as hell...!!!

Tha Rulez:

- You don't have limit of any kind in MKAdvance...!
- The control IS YOUR WORST ENEMY...!!!
- In Air, the enemy falls really heavy, almost anything can stop it.
- You have a extremely fast recovery after EVERYTHING...!!!

New Possibilities:
- Infinite Run
- Backwards run (by holding RN, forward, then hold backward to run backwards... you can do it as fast as you want).
- Multilevel Stage juggles...

Adapting yourself to the crappy gameplay: There's a way to do MORE with the little possiblities you have, and that is understanding the crappy engine... for instance in Reptile's juggle or in any situation the opponent is going to pass over my head I had to input the command backwards while the enemy was in front of me... so after he/she passes over my head to the other side I pressed the final button so tha-freaking-game could read the command.

Using Bugs to enlarge juggles:
- Noob Saibot's Nether Orb: if connected as far as possible in the situation showed in the last juggle causes the enemy to glitch during the time this move is working, so you can continue the juggle infinitelly by using thisd bug... the problem is... is hard to hit the opponent while glitched this way so I could just do it as a short juggle.
- Sub-Zero's Ice Glitch: If freezes the enemy during certain frames you can hit them long and hard without unfreezing them :)

This is pretty much what I've discovered in this game, plus one good juggle with Kung Lao: starting with the enemy against the corner do the throw (back + block) then roundhouse to have the enemy flying over your head out of the corner... then another roundhouse and finally the hat throw...! 8)

And I'm close to another 100% with Shang Tsung's Lava eruption, but I can't get it to work as I want it... anyone interested? if you wanna help with some juggles you can use Visual Boy Advance Recording options in maximum quality because that's how I'm making this video.

dreemernj

Ambassador
lol @ MK:A. This was the game I was originally going to use for my April Fools combo video. But, I didn't have it handy so I just used MK3 for GB. It looks like MKA was based on MK3 for GB moreso than one of the SNES versions.

You know, you can try... maybe you can give me ideas... but don't throw ideas without playing a lot MKAdvance because the gameplay is way too different to UMK3...

So... wich juggle is more interesting in your opinions...?

My cpu is not working man, and I sold my monitor, but I'm planning to fix the cpu and to buy a new monitor, so eventually I'll come up with more... sorry but I can't do anything at the moment. But eveyone can post some juggles or ideas to make the final version better...

Yeah, when Kano uses his Cannonball he doesn't bounce at all, and because of the super-recovery-time I cannonballed like 10 or more times the enemy... did you notice that? it's a lot of cannonballs hitting one after the other...!!!

Plus, the diagonal Cannonball has the ability to hit even when descending... that's the first hit, something you've never seen in UMK3 in any other version I believe :wink:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice stuff, but actually the WORST MK game ever made was MK:Special Forces...MKA is definitely the worst for portable though.

lol

DARXYD3 said:
I don't care about any 3D MK.
Yeah, just so you know dude MKA in this thread is referring to Mortal Kombat Advance not Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

Two different games entirely. MK Armageddon is a pretty good game, MKA for GB on the other hand is utter crap...