What's new

Forget PL's Raiden...It's all about SLIPS!!

SZ's D+1 is horrible thats why I used D+4 as an example. I cant even imagine D+1 working as an anti-cross up. Nope the only anti-cross up I even see is KL's spin, but It is very weird. I will test it out today.

SZ's D+1 is horrible thats why I used D+4 as an example. I cant even imagine D+1 working as an anti-cross up. Nope the only anti-cross up I even see is KL's spin, but It is very weird. I will test it out today.
When should you d1 when they cross up? Immediatly? The timing on that seems real tight. Ill have to watch the video again. Ive done it before but it happenned so fast I dont remember.

That was crazy... I've never seen hardly anyone use the D1 as an anti-air and then combo after it. I think that's why he got so far (other than pure skill of course)... people kept jumping in on him and kept getting punished for it.
That's why you keep jumping at a minimum against Scorpion. It's best to dash in, eat the hellfire and hope you dont get speared on the way there. In the words of my friend to my other friend I was fighting in KOTH: "DONT JUMP!"

The timing isn't strict you just need to have good reads or reactions. Remember when we played those Scorpion Vs Scorpion casuals? I was able to blow up all your Teleports with D+1~teleport and thats kinda how this is.

Go into practice and fight a character without a teleport on expert and if you try to cross up the CPU it will 8-10 try to cross you up immediately after and you can practice it.

Start with D+1, dash, 1,1~Teleport, dash, 1,1~Spear its easier than D+1 - D+4~Spear

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Raiden can just teleport out of the way and punish the opponent.
I don't think so... seems like every time I teleport when someone tries a jump punch, it lands on me after I teleport.

But I saw a couple combos that you can do with a D1 in the Raiden forums. Haven't been able to get them to work yet. =/

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I don't think so... seems like every time I teleport when someone tries a jump punch, it lands on me after I teleport.

But I saw a couple combos that you can do with a D1 in the Raiden forums. Haven't been able to get them to work yet. =/
Nah, this does work, you just have to wait until he's on the way down from the jump.

The timing isn't strict you just need to have good reads or reactions. Remember when we played those Scorpion Vs Scorpion casuals? I was able to blow up all your Teleports with D+1~teleport and thats kinda how this is.

Go into practice and fight a character without a teleport on expert and if you try to cross up the CPU it will 8-10 try to cross you up immediately after and you can practice it.

Start with D+1, dash, 1,1~Teleport, dash, 1,1~Spear its easier than D+1 - D+4~Spear
You also had me "TRAPPED" with your mix ups during vortex. There was no escape except to jump backwards but then you could just intercept me with a teleport and put me back in vortex the next time.

You also had me "TRAPPED" with your mix ups during vortex. There was no escape except to jump backwards but then you could just intercept me with a teleport and put me back in vortex the next time.
lol I have some new stuff I've never seen anyone do...I think I'll post it after I test it on a live opponent

lol I have some new stuff I've never seen anyone do...I think I'll post it after I test it on a live opponent
Scorpion's safe mix ups are dangerous. His overheads and lows, his d1, d4, and 33 make them almost perfect, cause his d3 is almost useless and his 11 pressure is too risky to rely on alone, at least at first.

The other mix ups are so affective that I dont get poked cause of 33 and d1. I would include 11, 1, 11 but you can be uppercuted or they could just jump out of it, so I dont use it untill my opponent has been conditioned to not uppercut or poke when there's an opening by following up 11 pressure with 33 at first and then Ill replace 33 with 2, 1+2~teleport or F4~spear or d1 once they know that it's too risky to jump over or away from me.

And then there's his wake up cancels...

Scorpion's safe mix ups are dangerous. His overheads and lows, his d1, d4, and 33 make them almost perfect, cause his d3 is pretty much useless and his 11 pressure is too risky to rely on alone, at least at first.

The other mix ups are so affective that I dont get poked cause of 33 and d1. I would include 11, 1, 11 but you can be uppercuted or they could just jump out of it, so I dont use it untill my opponent has been conditioned to not uppercut or poke when there's an opening by following up 11 pressure with 33 at first and then Ill replace 33 with 2, 1+2~teleport or F4~spear or d1 once they know that it's too risky to jump over or away from me.
whatz up hanzo ! i didnt know u are a member here, nice seeing you man, you have some good scorp dude

I dont see how you get blown up by the uppercut noobs lol 3,3~spear snuffs an uppercut every time.
That's what I just said. 11 followed up by 33 conditions them not to uppercut. I get uppercuted by NOT following up 11 pressure with 33 at first. Read what I said again KARS.

3,3 also blows up most pokes
I like to play it safe with 1,1,1 pressure to provoke jumps, pokes, & uppercuts.
You know I love that D+1 anti-air lol

3,3 also blows up most pokes
I also said that as well. Look for the words, "I dont get poked cause of 33" and "I dont use it untill my opponent has been conditioned to not uppercut or poke when there's an opening by following up 11 pressure with 33." :wow:

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I know it depends on the matchup, but I prefer D1 over 3,3 in 1,1 3,3 because of the faster execution.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
What non advantage normal beats 33? I have yet to experience any. Besides d1, 33~Spear is the anti pressure also.
Um ... any 9f or lower normal? Like Cage's F3, Sonya's 1, Sektor's 1, etc.

Anyhow, I'll have to try d1xx3,3xxSpear as well :)