What's new

Fighting games with really bad matchups?

Zebster

How's my volume?
There any game you can think of where it is basically OR literally impossible to win in a certain matchup in high level play, aka a 9-1 or 10-0 matchup?
As of now all I can think of is any match with Ivan Ooze in the Power Rangers FG for the SNES - Obligatory Ivan Ooze Is Broken Video and some MK2 matchups (looking at you Reptile).
Discuss and video links/explanations would be cool.

REO

Undead
Quan Chi vs Cyber Sub-Zero.

I have the match-up breakdown in my Quan Chi match-up thread.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Quan Chi vs Cyber Sub-Zero.

I have the match-up breakdown in my Quan Chi match-up thread.
Hm, yes it sounds like a tough match up from what I've read, but I'm not sure it is necessarily a 1-9 matchup from what I read, but then again I haven't messed around with Quan Chi yet and you have.

zaf

professor
Here is a link for smash brawl match up chart. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298484
Metaknight is the best character. Look at his match ups lol. He doesnt have a single bad matchup.
All the characters at the end of his list ( which are his most favourable match ups ) really have no chance against a good metaknight player.

I would go as far as to say some matches in melee are the same, but people are just too good at melee to even say that.
If anything, game and watch vs shiek. The game n watch has no chance lol

Zebster

How's my volume?
Here is a link for smash brawl match up chart. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298484
Metaknight is the best character. Look at his match ups lol. He doesnt have a single bad matchup.
All the characters at the end of his list ( which are his most favourable match ups ) really have no chance against a good metaknight player.

I would go as far as to say some matches in melee are the same, but people are just too good at melee to even say that.
If anything, game and watch vs shiek. The game n watch has no chance lol
Oh don't remind me of Metaknight. I used to patrol those forums and always smh when I looked at the matchups in that game.

goodone

Noob
MK was really strong but I wouldnt say there were completely impossible matchups.

I know its not a fighting game but if you want to talk about imbalanced...

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Nice Giygas avatar.

Anyhow, based off of the pre-NES arcade/Atari saturation, I'm sure some of the bandwagon fighters like Eternal Champions, Bloody Roar, and Jump Ultimate Stars have their fair share of overwhelmingly difficult match-ups. Of course, finding any comprehensive matchup info is difficult for games that were never really supported by the competitive community.

I think any of the DBZ fighters, particularly the early-middle ones, would have a high power disparity between certain characters, if you're looking for an example.

bpack

Noob
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Petshop has got to be the most broken character of all time. He flys, he 100% damage combos, and one the smallest hitboxes ever. Simply put, you don't lose when you pick petshop.

Abudabi

Noob
That game with the fox that kicks that was streamed in UFGT7

Prolly calledPaws of Fury or whatever

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Petshop has got to be the most broken character of all time. He flys, he 100% damage combos, and one the smallest hitboxes ever. Simply put, you don't lose when you pick petshop.
i was just gonna say petshops 10-0 matchups with the entire cast except for hol horse (i think thats right....?) which is still i believe a 7-3 or an 8-2 in petshops favor.

bpack

Noob
i was just gonna say petshops 10-0 matchups with the entire cast except for hol horse (i think thats right....?) which is still i believe a 7-3 or an 8-2 in petshops favor.
Your right. Hol Horse has ceiling shot which one of the only moves in the game that can hit petshop consistently. But it's still a damn near impossible match up for Hol Horse.

lobo

woof.
SC4 has some really lopsided matchups. yoda vs sophitia or astaroth are probably both 1-9 against yoda. algol vs talim is 8-2 algol, maybe even 9-1.

hilde vs almost the whole cast is 8-2 lol. luckily her and algol are both banned.