What's new

F4 or 2,2,BF2?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
EX nut punch is good vs button mashers IMO. I dont think it will work in high lvl gameplay repeatedly though. Still its a very good move.
i think ive told u from the get go metz that im more of a rush down player. So this tactic against cage is almost nullified. Almost. But lets say we do our standard rushdown combos, mine, along with pokes is usually jp (if blocked) 3,1 dash, d3, d1 maybe throw in a d4, tkp jip to somethin else. Now, at any point after 3 he can exnutpunch, right? Because it doesnt jail after the 3 uR screwed. So I guess u gotta use b114 to pressure him all game if he has meter, huh? Wat else jails???

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i think ive told u from the get go metz that im more of a rush down player. So this tactic against cage is almost nullified. Almost. But lets say we do our standard rushdown combos, mine, along with pokes is usually jp (if blocked) 3,1 dash, d3, d1 maybe throw in a d4, tkp jip to somethin else. Now, at any point after 3 he can exnutpunch, right? Because it doesnt jail after the 3 uR screwed. So I guess u gotta use b114 to pressure him all game if he has meter, huh? Wat else jails???
predict he's going to interupt and dont finish the chain, then you can block in time.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
31 jails on a standing blocking opponent ppl. And as i said before you dont need a jp to land that.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Since we're discussing offense in here, can we talk about using U+4? The fact that that move is found to be +4 on block makes me love it even more than I did, and also explains why NRS decided to make it so slow. I already use it in my gameplan, but now I want to use it even more. It may always gets blocked, but who cares?... maybe now, Ermac WANTS you to block it!...

U+4 leaves you directly next to your opponent, so now you're standing there with big advantage. This should mean your options could look like this...

1. THROW
Throw essentially becomes 6 frames now. I honestly think that throw may be the best option after a blocked U+4 now. I'd even say to throw every time after a blocked U+4 to condition your opponent, until they either start breaking it, or get out of it another way.

2. 3,1
3 is 12 frames, so +4 means its essentially now coming out in 8. We all know and love the 3,1,2 string, so it could be a good way to continue pressure.

3. D+1 or 1 [need to test]
This would be the go-to option for an opponent who would try to jump away after blocking U+4, figuring they'd crossup JIP your grab attempt. D+1 would essentially be 2 frames and I believe you should be able to hit D+1~TKS for a juggle. The only problem is that D+1 is -13 on block. If a standing 1 would also knock someone out of the air, I think it would be the better option since its even on block. I'll need to test this.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
This would be the go-to option for an opponent who would try to jump away after blocking U+4, figuring they'd crossup JIP your grab attempt. D+1 would essentially be 2 frames and I believe you should be able to hit D+1~TKS for a juggle. The only problem is that D+1 is -13 on block. If a standing 1 would also knock someone out of the air, I think it would be the better option since its even on block. I'll need to test this.
Would a 2 hit a player who tried to jump out?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Since we're discussing offense in here, can we talk about using U+4? The fact that that move is found to be +4 on block makes me love it even more than I did, and also explains why NRS decided to make it so slow. I already use it in my gameplan, but now I want to use it even more. It may always gets blocked, but who cares?... maybe now, Ermac WANTS you to block it!...

U+4 leaves you directly next to your opponent, so now you're standing there with big advantage. This should mean your options could look like this...

1. THROW
Throw essentially becomes 6 frames now. I honestly think that throw may be the best option after a blocked U+4 now. I'd even say to throw every time after a blocked U+4 to condition your opponent, until they either start breaking it, or get out of it another way.

2. 3,1
3 is 12 frames, so +4 means its essentially now coming out in 8. We all know and love the 3,1,2 string, so it could be a good way to continue pressure.

nice! I knew that u4 was more useful than most people believed it to be. I do alot of 3,1 after u4, but I am also known to keep the shenanigans up to dash d3 or d1 then throw a f4. After the initial threat of the u4 being blocked alot of players will stand up..
Im goin to test more shit out durin some live gameplay today

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Would a 2 hit a player who tried to jump out?
Good question. I'll have to test it this evening.

nice! I knew that u4 was more useful than most people believed it to be. After the initial threat of the u4 being blocked alot of players will stand up..
That is a really good point that I didn't consider. A lot of people generally crouch block Ermac because of his lack of overheads. Now, more than ever, I feel confident to just get in someone's face and U+4. It jumps over some attacks, its an overhead, it could potentially knock down and now we know its +4 on block!

Using this tool a lot more often should encourage people to start blocking more standing up, since they'll know you like to throw it out. Once they do, it opens up Ermac's low game a lot more.

Honestly, seeing that U+4 is +4 on block feels like its opened up a whole new set of possibilities for me for Ermac's close-up game. I had always incorrectly thought it was safe, but negative frames. Somberness's frame data for the win!

Just asking this mainly because after seeing that new Greek video, the Ermac player never used this once. I usually use it because it seems to always catch my opponents off and right after I usually follow it up with a throw.

But since that Ermac player has more of a handling ont he character compared to a new player like me, I just wanted some feedback.

Cheers!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
That would be me :). Nope by all means use it. It works wonders trust me. The F4 is better used against opponent whom you cant zone (eg: Noob Saibot, Raiden, Reptile, Kenshi etc etc). I was facing a Johnny Cage and a Quan Chi which means that i need to zone like my life depends on it.

zaf

professor
On its own I dont believe its safe on block. with the 2nd hit it can be ducked but catch someone off guard every now and then. Also do not think the 2nd hit is safe on block as well. Using f4 is good. He just played quan and cage lol

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
I only use it as a combo ender to keep the momentoum of my pressure but there is no way I'd throw a naked one.

Owerbart

I miss you
Hello.

IMO, F4 should be used as a surprise attack, since pretty much everyone blocks high against Ermac. I probably land at worst 80% of the times. Cool thing is that due to the animation, it doesn't looks like he's hitting low.

Also, probably 'Mac would be broken if he could chain F4B2 into a Telelift.

Cheers, and also, congrats on the win, metzos! keep rocking with Ermac.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
I much prefer the F+4 as a combo ender to stay within a decent range and follow up with some pressure. I was wondering what you guys think? I know that match-ups make a huge difference on which to use but I feel like Ermac's pressure game is very underrated. 3,1...d+3.d+3. 1,2,1...etc.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What kind of damage does ermac sacrifice for this? Instead of 22 force push I assume you do f4 instead? I've been messing with ermac and the rest of the cast as I am pursuing shang .

Ermac had pretty good rushdown. I never messed with him but I like the safe jump after 312. I like the LOW reset. And I like his zoning.

I think it comes down to the character your fighting, and their meter, and my meter.

Examples
If ermac is fighting kenshi I would do reset, same with noob, same with Freddy, and same with cyrax, and scorpian. These characters outzone from afar giving ermac a better chance up close.

Cage, nightwolf, Sonya, csub, shang, kitana kabal get the 22 FP I think. ermac can outzone these characters from mid to full screen I think.

Thoughts?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
What kind of damage does ermac sacrifice for this? Instead of 22 force push I assume you do f4 instead?
Jip 31 lift, j.k. tele, dash 22 push is 41%
jip 31 lift, j.k. tele, dash f4 is 34% i believe.

You only lose about 6 or 7% damage, but you more than make up for that by a simple grab (which is practically guaranteed afterwards, +13 hit advantage)

Big D

So it seems like I have the right idea. I love Ermac's options. Cant wait to test him out at CEO 2012!

Big D

My only advice is to be sure of which characters you want to fight up close and which one you want to zone.
Oh absolutely. It depends on the character and who is playing them. Pig's mileena, for example, I would want to fight mid-screen. Someone like CDjr's Jax would be given max damage and range.