What's new

Explaining this Ermac Corner Strategy...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Since I was in training mode for hours messing with ways to B12F2X2~F4 I remembered how it UMK3 characters could continue their combos if they jumped in and struck at a precise time. I remember Marverissta do this with Kabal vs CRAZY DOMINICAN at NECXI. Shock could also tell you about it...

So anyway... that's where the "deep" jump-in punch came in to play since a jump kick will essentially push your opponent down if you do a "deep" jump kick. This strategy is essentially ONLY useful from 2 dashing distances away from the corner... B12F1 (or B114 is 3% more dmg), lift, "deep" jump-in punch followed immediately by B12F1,B12F1,F4~grab = 54% (with B114 combo startup)

NOTE: this beauty of it is if you get a TKS from far away... instead of just doing a Push you can essentially do a "deep" JiP and combo~reset.

I'll shut up now. :)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Man storms you are just going nuts with the B12F1 stuff!
Yes, I am... it has made me love Ermac that much more now FINALLY learning the timing and the ways NOT to be able to do it and the ways you CAN do it. OneBoxyRobot understands. :)

SunnyD, you like it? I know it's "situational" but that's the whole idea

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Yes, I am... it has made me love Ermac that much more now FINALLY learning the timing and the ways NOT to be able to do it and the ways you CAN do it. OneBoxyRobot understands. :)

I find deep kicks in the middle of combos too risky. If you mistime it by even a little you ruin the whole thing. The tele into B12F1 twice then F4 was a better setup. It actually worked consistently.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I find deep kicks in the middle of combos too risky. If you mistime it by even a little you ruin the whole thing. The tele into B12F1 twice then F4 was a better setup. It actually worked consistently.
Just try this a few times. Once you get it down it could be very useful

iroku

Noob
i think i saw something like this once done with noob. a nicely timed upshadow (not grounded obvs) and the man deep jumped in with a f33 believe it or not... never saw that happen again but i think these deep jumps r something to be worked...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
also, this is NOT a jump kick... a deep jump kick will not work... what I used in this is a deep jump punch.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

Dude. We (Ermac and I) owe you so big for this stuff, it's not even funny.
And that to me is a reeeeally big part of mastering the Mac Master. Not just learning the tricks, traps and trades, not just controlling space, but learning how to make use of said T's at EVERY point on the screen and knowing what you can do with that space/staying aware of precisely where you're at on screen and the best options he has at different points.
The diversity of his options from one point to another is disgusting good.

Ermac: Give this guy a Star Trek spinoff, because he is a MASTER OF SPACE!