What's new

EVO2013 Joker Mains Roll-Call

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Since everyone is making these for their characters I thought I make one too :p

Who is all going to Evo and using Joker???

Ive decided on using him for the big tournament. I'm not 100% dedicated to this game right now. So losing At Evo will not be a big deal to me.

I still want to try to make it as far as possible with Mister J so I'll be hiting the lab and using all Joker at casuals the next 2 weeks.

Any other joker heads going to Evo? We can have some PMs about joker tech amd match ups to prepare us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Ive switched from GA to Joker. I am having semi success online but the first tournament I went to I went technically 2-2 but 2 of my wins were dqs. It made me stronger though and I blamed the jitters. In our local sessions I went from struggling to beat people to actually beating then pretty convincing. I am confident in some MUs but as I said most of my experience is with online so I dont know how credible my knowledge is. That being said I am going to EVO and I am using Joker and hope that I can get over tourney jitters and do decent :3. /rant

Cat

Ive switched from GA to Joker. I am having semi success online but the first tournament I went to I went technically 2-2 but 2 of my wins were dqs. It made me stronger though and I blamed the jitters. In our local sessions I went from struggling to beat people to actually beating then pretty convincing. I am confident in some MUs but as I said most of my experience is with online so I dont know how credible my knowledge is. That being said I am going to EVO and I am using Joker and hope that I can get over tourney jitters and do decent :3. /rant
Awesome. The hardest thing to get over is jitters at tournaments. Most players still have them but learn to control it like myself and not let it effect your play.
You just have to stick with him and train hard.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I don't really consider myself a tournament level player. He's definitely my main though, and I'll be cheering you guys on while throwin down with my friends =)

Ren21

Noob
I'll be up there Cat, we definitely need to coordinate some tech to get the most out of this. I can def share my MU exp playing vs socal regulars we have a pretty diverse scene out here.

Cat

I'll be up there Cat, we definitely need to coordinate some tech to get the most out of this. I can def share my MU exp playing vs socal regulars we have a pretty diverse scene out here.
Sounds good. I also got some good experience vs the guys here. We should train amd exchange info friday durinf evo to get ready for saturday

I have varaitions of the corner trap with teeth that I havent seen posted on here. I'd be happy to share those and some neutral things that I've been doing that's been getting me results and don't worry Cat it's not gonna be one of those posts about blockable teeth mixups.

laudanum09

Darling
So I think Cat is out. Not sure if I'm reading the brackets properly though.

Any other Jokers still in?

If so where are they in the brackets, I wanna time things so I can catch some Joker pool play. Damn I hope a Joker gets out of pools.

EDIT: Okay, so Ren is in pool K109 scheduled to start around 2pm. Got a while.

StevoSuprem0

Gysbert should be in Pig of the Hut's pool. Not sure about anyone else. Prolly not though. Cat showed the same issues I have with the Batman matchup, no way to get in and can't do anything against the bats really, basically lets him control the match. Batarangs duck the gun and have 2 hits... buh.

laudanum09

Darling
Gysbert should be in Pig of the Hut's pool. Not sure about anyone else. Prolly not though. Cat showed the same issues I have with the Batman matchup, no way to get in and can't do anything against the bats really, basically lets him control the match. Batarangs duck the gun and have 2 hits... buh.
Yeah, but he kind of dashed into a lot of stuff. After he blocked batarangs or bats he'd immediately dash and eat something else or even dash twice. Seemed impatient, a lot of those hits came from dashing into Bats and missed d2s.

EDIT: Gysbert is then in pool J104 and not going by that name. Either that or his real name is Huy Tran. Pool J starts around 12pm

StevoSuprem0

Its rough though. You can't just sit back all day because there is nothing for Joker to do from fullscreen but whiff the gun shot. Makes you need to try to push in, but if you don't do it just right, you'll get punished, and if you do, you're still not at any real advantage because he'll have been charging bats the whole time (which could have been used to stop you at any time and let him start pressure) because he is pretty much just as good as Joker up close. Bad matchup IMO, and I play it alot.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker has no zoning and no solid pressure game without guessing, something other chars get for free. He will lose to higher tier chars until he's buffed or we find guaranteed setups.

laudanum09

Darling
Its rough though. You can't just sit back all day because there is nothing for Joker to do from fullscreen but whiff the gun shot. Makes you need to try to push in, but if you don't do it just right, you'll get punished, and if you do, you're still not at any real advantage because he'll have been charging bats the whole time (which could have been used to stop you at any time and let him start pressure) because he is pretty much just as good as Joker up close. Bad matchup IMO, and I play it alot.
fair enough about the matchup. I haven't played it much and what you say makes sense. Stil, I understand not having the tools to pressure or get in easily, but that entails being zoned out and just straight up blocked, not getting hit by stuff you don't need to get hit by.

StevoSuprem0

Yeah man, really nice. Can't wait to go back and watch again. Real clean play, great conversions and pressure. The other guy seemed completely lost though lol.
Yeah didn't seem to know the matchup. Wanna see him against someone who is familiar with it.

Im sorry I failed. Hawkgirl too strong. This is Cheeseburger. The Hawkgirl match was LF of my pools. Apparently he's a top Hawkgirl player