What's new

Erron Black B222 air recapture

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
So I thought I’d make this thread to hear some other people’s opinions about this topic. To me Erron is actually not that much of an issue anymore, I still think he needs some adjustments tho. Some things about him trigger me especially, but this has to be one of the most annoying things in the entire game:

Erron’s B222 barely connects in the air and all other hits won’t whiff like 90% of the time and basically you get sucked towards the ground again.

Yes, I’ve fallen out a couple of times, but it happens WAYYY less than to other characters. Usually if you do not space your anti air correctly it does not entirely connect and you are open to punishment. Most of the time this happens to me even though the other player isn’t even trying to anti air lol they are just doing the string in hopes it might connect and since the hitbox is enormous it’s a bet that you can take for sure.

I am not even sure if ANY other character has a string that does this?! His is the only string I can think of and this while being one of the game’s best strings overall. I feel like this and the f4 hitbox on airborne opponents is what triggers me the most about Erron. It’s just annoying and it should not be THAT hard to avoid these moves in order to punish. They are already good enough, why are the vertical hitboxes this freakin huge?!

Ok enough ranting: I feel like overall EB is not incredibly overpowered, but this string is hella annoying and I don’t understand why it has this feature on top of everything else.
Anyone else care to wave in?

Thanks for reading :)

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Kinda confusing but yes erron connecting his shit while I'm 5 feet above him is one of the most annoying things about him.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Working as intended. NRS purposely creates multipurpose strings so you dont have to work hard. Im more surprised that this string doesnt randomly hit low and plus on block. Maybe next patch they'll add it in.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yup, it’s a tool that works for everything basically, pretty annoying. I just really hate getting vacuumed to the ground lol

I’m curious if NRS is going to address this property of the string, pretty sure they are going to change it somehow, looking forward to it already :REO

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yup, it’s a tool that works for everything basically, pretty annoying. I just really hate getting vacuumed to the ground lol

I’m curious if NRS is going to address this property of the string, pretty sure they are going to change it somehow, looking forward to it already :REO
this and liu's f4 string irritate me so much, the hitbox is always longer than you think it is and its just a flurry of hits that eats up whatever the hell is in front of it.

Agilaz

It has begun
This should be changed. B222 is stupidly good as it is, the fact it recaptures by clipping a pixel of your character should not be a thing.

Shang's F2 strings get him full combo punished if it hits an opponent who's on frame 1 of a jump or otherwise airborne, why Erron gets to be even more EZ mode than he already is is beyond me.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
You're just not jumping HeeHaw, period. Tilts the fuck outta me seeing these brainless HeeHaw players throwing it out, not because they make a read but because this shit is his fast mid, anti air, anti cross over, pressure string, mixup string, super easy hitconfirm launcher.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Amplified scud shot and amplified f4 should be gone.
Amplified f4 would be perfectly fine if f4 by itself wasn’t FUCKING SAFE

You do a yolo move, it gets blocked, you get punished. That’s the way it should be.
If you wanna stay safe it should cost a bar, which amplify does. Being able to amplify a (kind of) low damage mixup making it safe is no problem. It becomes one if both options are safe either way.

So either cut the amplify or make f4 unsafe, one of these things needs to happen.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Amplified f4 would be perfectly fine if f4 by itself wasn’t FUCKING SAFE

You do a yolo move, it gets blocked, you get punished. That’s the way it should be.
If you wanna stay safe it should cost a bar, which amplify does. Being able to amplify a (kind of) low damage mixup making it safe is no problem. It becomes one if both options are safe either way.

So either cut the amplify or make f4 unsafe, one of these things needs to happen.
F4 is safe already, plus krushing blow on second hit, plus amplified gun after? it is simply too much.

Scud shot already drains projectile, plus make your strings safe on block, plus hits you if you choose to amplify. This is also too fucking much.

i like the character, he was my MKX main but if we are looking for balance everyone needs to be honest.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
F4 is safe already, plus krushing blow on second hit, plus amplified gun after? it is simply too much.
Exactly my point, it shouldn’t be safe by itself, it should be at least -15 or something. I would be ok with the amplify being safe tho, if the normal was actually unsafe.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Exactly my point, it shouldn’t be safe by itself, it should be at least -15 or something. I would be ok with the amplify being safe tho, if the normal was actually unsafe.
Nah, no safe 75% screen overheads that lead to krushing blow. You wanna mix somebody up from a mile away, you take the risk. Being able to meter burn it just seems unnecessary in combination with everything else he has from that range.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Nah, no safe 75% screen overheads that lead to krushing blow. You wanna mix somebody up from a mile away, you take the risk. Being able to meter burn it just seems unnecessary in combination with everything else he has from that range.
Probably I’m just numb from the bullshit this character can pull generally. Most other characters that have any 50/50-esque mix are punishable on both options.

Changing his f4 the way I suggested would make it way more manageable and honest, but your suggestion is also still fine, the move will still work. It will seriously harm his KB game off of it though.

Wigy

There it is...
The mb doesn't need to be safe

The guessing game on if they will meterburn or not is enough. Both parts should be unsafe

I always wondered why this particular string seems immune to all the issues with clipping someone in mid-air. I agree that it seems unreasonably strong when it's literally one of the only string in the game that acts the same on grounded opponents and aerial opponents.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
The mb doesn't need to be safe

The guessing game on if they will meterburn or not is enough. Both parts should be unsafe
Yea, at the moment there’s no guessing since they’re safe either way lol
I guess making either option/both options unsafe will create some mindgames that are simply non existent atm.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
He needs to be killed off in MK12. Some really shitty death. Like having a cutscene that's solely about HeeHaw tripping falling face first in an elephant dung, and he just chokes in literal shit, because that's what he is, a piece of fucking shit we constantly are shoved down our throats.
Here's the worst part about Erron Black - when I first saw him, I was like "Holy shit, this character looks DOPE. A space cowboy bounty hunter? Sick!" And then when I finally played him, I hated him. He did nothing for me in MKX, but at the very least, I didn't despise him.

Fast forward to MK11 and I absolutely HATE this stupid character. To think we get this Fuckin' Looney Tunes braindead trash character instead of Smoke, Ermac, Reptile etc.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I always wondered why this particular string seems immune to all the issues with clipping someone in mid-air. I agree that it seems unreasonably strong when it's literally one of the only string in the game that acts the same on grounded opponents and aerial opponents.
Yup, it’s really dumb and makes it even more of a hur-dur-throw-it-out-whenever-TF-you- want string.

Paired with his f4 which also oftentimes hits opponents at the peak (yes, at the peak!) of their jump, it’s just another no-brainer Erron Black gameplan quintessential right now unfortunately.

Wigy

There it is...
Yea, at the moment there’s no guessing since they’re safe either way lol
I guess making either option/both options unsafe will create some mindgames that are simply non existent atm.
It flies across the whole screen and is an overhead which catches jumps and low profiles in recovery

Of all the moves that are unsafe in this game this needs to be. On both parts.