What's new

Ermac's Loyalty

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Pretty much what Hexin_Wishes explained, Ermac states "she's not right to lead" or something like this in the comic, then later on in the games timeline flat out turns on her....

I just hope Ermac turns good at some point like in the original continuity/timeline by Kenshi or someone(which can easily happen again) The way his arcade ending happened too lol. His ending I can see happening but I think Ermac is too cool to die, maybe one of the souls Shang takes is Shao Kahns and thus Ermac will have a better clarity? Who knows, so many paths they can take with Ermac honestly.

He could be seeking aid and Kenshi frees him/helps him. I liked Deception Ermac a lot.

Pretty much what Hexin_Wishes explained, Ermac states "she's not right to lead" or something like this in the comic, then later on in the games timeline flat out turns on her....
Except him turning on her flat out in the games happens before the comics.

It's either a major continuity error in the comics (since the game's canon comes first), or Ermac leaves Kotal Khan and re-sides with Mileena in a story that has not yet been told...

MKF30

Except him turning on her flat out in the games happens before the comics.

It's either a major continuity error in the comics (since the game's canon comes first), or Ermac leaves Kotal Khan and re-sides with Mileena in a story that has not yet been told...
He didn't leave her though therefore no continuity error, he merely said she wasn't right to leave. Only in the game shortly after did Ermac actually turn on her....the comics with mileena, Ermac and kk take place before the games time...with them at least.

I don't think he joined kk then left then went back honestly.

....the comics with mileena, Ermac and kk take place before the games time...with them at least.
You're right, they do except some of the flashbacks, and this is where the potential error lies.

The flashback in D'Vorah's Chapter sees Kotal Khan depose Mileena, D'Vorah kill Baraka, and Ermac shift loyalty to Kotal Khan.

Later on Mileena is freed by Tanya and Rain and starts her rebellion, which is reflected in the comics.

Yet in the comics, set after Kotal has become emperor and Ermac's loyalty shift, Ermac is still with Mileena. So it's either a continuity error an untold story with Ermac.

MKF30

Juxtapose: I think it's more revolving around ERmac, since Ermac was still with Mileena just disagreed with her being fit in the comic...

Yes that flashback takes place after the comics timeline but before the future that you see first in the game.

After Ermac left her and joined KK's cause, Mileena had found the amulet and was with Rain and Tanya. Rain and Tanya were already with Mileena's cause as the comics proved earlier. Namely Rain remember he got burnt to a crisp by KK then recovered.

I just reread the comics with Ermac(issues) since I own all of them. I think it's just untold story with Ermac and more regarding his own timeline because everything else fits, I remember asking Shawn about the comics not only being canon of course but timeline he said they bounce around but a lot of it takes place before the game or in between time periods of the game that weren't shown ie Scorpion and Sub-Zero at times...

There's also one other thing regarding your KK and in the game becoming Emperor, honestly I think he was really already the new Emperor or on his way I mean Reptile had already joined him, then Ermac. D'Vorah was always with him regardless of her own intentions with Shinnok. I'm more curious honestly about the Goro getting his arms back thing though some people say it doesn't matter since he's DLC/after initial roster tends not to be canon but if they get a season 2 comics I'm sure that'll be explained.

Juxtapose: I think it's more revolving around ERmac, since Ermac was still with Mileena just disagreed with her being fit in the comic...

Yes that flashback takes place after the comics timeline but before the future that you see first in the game.

After Ermac left her and joined KK's cause, Mileena had found the amulet and was with Rain and Tanya. Rain and Tanya were already with Mileena's cause as the comics proved earlier. Namely Rain remember he got burnt to a crisp by KK then recovered.

I just reread the comics with Ermac(issues) since I own all of them. I think it's just untold story with Ermac and more regarding his own timeline because everything else fits, I remember asking Shawn about the comics not only being canon of course but timeline he said they bounce around but a lot of it takes place before the game or in between time periods of the game that weren't shown ie Scorpion and Sub-Zero at times...

There's also one other thing regarding your KK and in the game becoming Emperor, honestly I think he was really already the new Emperor or on his way I mean Reptile had already joined him, then Ermac. D'Vorah was always with him regardless of her own intentions with Shinnok. I'm more curious honestly about the Goro getting his arms back thing though some people say it doesn't matter since he's DLC/after initial roster tends not to be canon but if they get a season 2 comics I'm sure that'll be explained.
Sorry, I think something got lost in my above explanations. To clarify, the part of your last post I underlined and put in bold is incorrect. It goes:

Flashback from the game>Comics>Core game story

And this is where the continuity problem lies.

Kotal Khan was already plotting to overthrow Mileena for the safety of the Realm, and Reptile had joined him. They were then trying to convince D'Vorah since she was technically still "loyal" but obviously inclined to shift.

Again, the key point is that it's flashback>comic>game core story, and the 100% clear way to know this is the order is because Mileena was no longer ruling and had already been usurped by Kotal in the comics but not in the flashback. Therefore, the flashback _must_ take place prior to the comics.

MKF30

Juxatose:That's not wrong actually, the comics take place before the games timeline with Ermac, Mileena, KK and some other characters. Only with some like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Cage, Sonya etc does the comic take us in between the time of MK 9 and MK X that wasn't covered in the game's storymode...ie Scorpion finding Takeda, how he trained him, how Sub-Zero took over the LK, defeated Sektor and such.

That's not always the case, it depends on the character. Flashbacks from the game didn't show us Scorpion getting Takeda from Kenshi which clearly came before most of the games timeline, only the first chapter when Scorpion was controlled by QC with the others did that come before but the comic's stories was clearly after that time period.

D'vorah was already with KK at that time, what we don't see is when they first met even the comics she was already with him. She met him to be assumed with Kahn letting her survive we just haven't seen them actually meet for the first time and such.

You seem to be emphasizing that the flashback>comic>game but that's not true, Shawn said he was told as long as everything is in sync and canon to the games plot it matters just as much so as far as I'm concerned they're all equal. Mileena was only ruling for a shor time but spent most of her time fighting KK and rebelling against him. All flashbacks don't take place prior to the comics, some of them yes but not all of them such as Takeda....the comics take place clearly since he was a child on Kenshi's back yet the game he's an adult training with Scorpion....same for some other characters.

Juxatose:That's not wrong actually, the comics take place before the games timeline with Ermac, Mileena, KK and some other characters. Only with some like Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Cage, Sonya etc does the comic take us in between the time of MK 9 and MK X that wasn't covered in the game's storymode...ie Scorpion finding Takeda, how he trained him, how Sub-Zero took over the LK, defeated Sektor and such.

That's not always the case, it depends on the character. Flashbacks from the game didn't show us Scorpion getting Takeda from Kenshi which clearly came before most of the games timeline, only the first chapter when Scorpion was controlled by QC with the others did that come before but the comic's stories was clearly after that time period.

D'vorah was already with KK at that time, what we don't see is when they first met even the comics she was already with him. She met him to be assumed with Kahn letting her survive we just haven't seen them actually meet for the first time and such.

You seem to be emphasizing that the flashback>comic>game but that's not true, Shawn said he was told as long as everything is in sync and canon to the games plot it matters just as much so as far as I'm concerned they're all equal. Mileena was only ruling for a shor time but spent most of her time fighting KK and rebelling against him. All flashbacks don't take place prior to the comics, some of them yes but not all of them such as Takeda....the comics take place clearly since he was a child on Kenshi's back yet the game he's an adult training with Scorpion....same for some other characters.
Sorry, apparently I wasn't specific enough again:

When I say Flashback>Comic>Game's main story, I meant specifically the flashback in D'Vorah's Chapter, the one in which Mileena is dethroned, Ermac's loyalty shifts, and is directly relevant to the thread's core topic.

Obviously other flashbacks take place at different points in the timeline, either before or after the comics.

So, to re-clarify, and there is no question of this: the flashback from D'Vorah's chapter in which Kotal dethrones Mileena and takes the Khanum happens before the comic's main story, which happens before the game's main story.

And thus we have the issue with Ermac since at the time of the comic's main story, he had already pledged himself to Kotal Khan right after Mileena was dethroned.

MKF30

Sorry, apparently I wasn't specific enough again:

When I say Flashback>Comic>Game's main story, I meant specifically the flashback in D'Vorah's Chapter, the one in which Mileena is dethroned, Ermac's loyalty shifts, and is directly relevant to the thread's core topic.

Obviously other flashbacks take place at different points in the timeline, either before or after the comics.

So, to re-clarify, and there is no question of this: the flashback from D'Vorah's chapter in which Kotal dethrones Mileena and takes the Khanum happens before the comic's main story, which happens before the game's main story.

And thus we have the issue with Ermac since at the time of the comic's main story, he had already pledged himself to Kotal Khan right after Mileena was dethroned.
You're fine lol I'm just telling you that not all flashbacks take place before the comics....with every character.

The D'vorah story in the comics that concentrate on her take place before the games flashbacks...I'm talking when Shao Kahn killed her realm, race but sparred her, no doubt this led to her relationship/introduction with KK after Shao Kahn was killed.

But with Ermac, he didn't leave Mileena until the games timeline/flashback which takes place after the comic plot. Besides, sometimes comics you have to realize are all over the place take the New 52 for example, if you read the Batman and Superman there's lots of canon stories that are literally all over the place, can be confusing at times.

At any rate, guess time will tell man. I'm sure Shawn will give us more insight should MKX get the greenlight for future comics.

Last edited:
You're fine lol I'm just telling you that not all flashbacks take place before the comics....with every character.

The D'vorah story in the comics that concentrate on her take place before the games flashbacks...I'm talking when Shao Kahn killed her realm, race but sparred her, no doubt this led to her relationship/introduction with KK after Shao Kahn was killed.

But with Ermac, he didn't leave Mileena until the games timeline/flashback which takes place after the comic plot. Besides, sometimes comics you have to realize are all over the place take the New 52 for example, if you read the Batman and Superman there's lots of canon stories that are literally all over the place, can be confusing at times.
Oh yeah, that first part I know :). In terms of core dates, the main story for the game takes place roughly 25 years after Mortal Kombat (2011) (I've seen it mentioned as 23 years though). The comic's main plot, I believe, takes place about 7 years prior to Mortal Kombat X the game (I'm less certain on that one, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

The D'Vorah section where her race is conquered was a cool sequence and explained the character's motivations quite well. Just like Reptile, Reiko, etc., she obviously would have met Kotal during this time since Kotal had been serving Shao since at least early manhood. His in-game bio mentions he grew up idealizing Shao.

Keep in mind, the likes of Kotal, Reiko, D'Vorah, Barraka, Ermac, Reptile, etc. were all servants, advisers, and some generals to Shao, which of course transferred to Mileena when she became the Khanum. So everybody there knows everybody.

Not much of Mileena's rule or style of ruling was talked about, but the key thing Kotal seemed to disagree with, which spurred his coup, was that she declined to approach and work with Earthrealm jointly in defence against the NetherRealm. The reasons behind Reptile's loyalty to Kotal was shown in the comics just like Baraka's was to Mileena's shown in-game. D'Vorah was obviously "loyal" to Mileena but Kotal likely knew her enough that she might switch and join him proper, which is why he and Reptile secretly (so they thought) approached her in that in-game flashback.

Now, you keep mentioning that the D'Vorah flashback takes place after the comics. Do you have a source for that; one from NRS by chance?

The reason I ask is because it simply does not make sense. If what you are saying is true, that means Mileena was dethroned by Kotal sometime prior to the comics and did her rebellion shown in said comics, then somehow became Empress again for the D'Vorah Flashback but was then dethroned yet again, to start her rebellion seen in-game.

That simply does not make sense, and would be a far bigger issue than Ermac's loyalty in which I originally posted about.

MKF30

Oh yeah, that first part I know :). In terms of core dates, the main story for the game takes place roughly 25 years after Mortal Kombat (2011) (I've seen it mentioned as 23 years though). The comic's main plot, I believe, takes place about 7 years prior to Mortal Kombat X the game (I'm less certain on that one, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

The D'Vorah section where her race is conquered was a cool sequence and explained the character's motivations quite well. Just like Reptile, Reiko, etc., she obviously would have met Kotal during this time since Kotal had been serving Shao since at least early manhood. His in-game bio mentions he grew up idealizing Shao.

Keep in mind, the likes of Kotal, Reiko, D'Vorah, Barraka, Ermac, Reptile, etc. were all servants, advisers, and some generals to Shao, which of course transferred to Mileena when she became the Khanum. So everybody there knows everybody.

Not much of Mileena's rule or style of ruling was talked about, but the key thing Kotal seemed to disagree with, which spurred his coup, was that she declined to approach and work with Earthrealm jointly in defence against the NetherRealm. The reasons behind Reptile's loyalty to Kotal was shown in the comics just like Baraka's was to Mileena's shown in-game. D'Vorah was obviously "loyal" to Mileena but Kotal likely knew her enough that she might switch and join him proper, which is why he and Reptile secretly (so they thought) approached her in that in-game flashback.

Now, you keep mentioning that the D'Vorah flashback takes place after the comics. Do you have a source for that; one from NRS by chance?

The reason I ask is because it simply does not make sense. If what you are saying is true, that means Mileena was dethroned by Kotal sometime prior to the comics and did her rebellion shown in said comics, then somehow became Empress again for the D'Vorah Flashback but was then dethroned yet again, to start her rebellion seen in-game.

That simply does not make sense, and would be a far bigger issue than Ermac's loyalty in which I originally posted about.
I remember Shawn saying the comic takes place 5-10 years or so and just in between time periods before roughly wayy back on his twitter.

I think it makes sense with Ermac it's just confusing to some I admit, now if he left in the comics to join KK all together that would be very confusing and an error but he didn't it just left him on the verge honestly which then in the game he did.

Also I wouldn't take the costume difference too seriously, example in the comics early on with Raiden's vision you see Sub-Zero with a different looking costume then he actually has on during the fight with LK and when he froze the city etc, etc

KK I think they just wanted to use his alternate costume for the sake of timeline...plus in the comics, that one is simply more desirable then the more native looking one.

Well few things why Mileena disagreed with KK, the Earthrealm thing was one since she felt they killed her father etc and she wanted to rule being his heir, she kind of acted like a spoiled little girl who was inherited something in this case power. Regardless of her crazy antics and questionable decisions.

Shawn would be the source regarding the D'vorah story being before the games timeline in the comics, it's also a bit obvious wouldn't you say? Kahn killing her race, realm etc we never saw that in the game which was clearly after that. Plus remember on the beach she got ripped in half during the whole fight with Havik's blood magic the amulet etc that clealy happened before the games flashbacks as the game already showed Shinnok's amulet yet in the comic, it ended with Raiden taking it some place to hide it...what the game nor the comic explain is when and where did Mileena retain it, we don't know this....hopefully season 2 comic will explain this if they come back. But it's obvious that happened after the comics given how it ended.

It makes sense to me it's just confusing to some or casual fans, readers because it bounces all over the place so I can understand why you'd be confounded. No biggy. I'm sure more will be explained in due time :)

I remember Shawn saying the comic takes place 5-10 years or so and just in between time periods before roughly wayy back on his twitter.

I think it makes sense with Ermac it's just confusing to some I admit, now if he left in the comics to join KK all together that would be very confusing and an error but he didn't it just left him on the verge honestly which then in the game he did.

Also I wouldn't take the costume difference too seriously, example in the comics early on with Raiden's vision you see Sub-Zero with a different looking costume then he actually has on during the fight with LK and when he froze the city etc, etc

KK I think they just wanted to use his alternate costume for the sake of timeline...plus in the comics, that one is simply more desirable then the more native looking one.

Well few things why Mileena disagreed with KK, the Earthrealm thing was one since she felt they killed her father etc and she wanted to rule being his heir, she kind of acted like a spoiled little girl who was inherited something in this case power. Regardless of her crazy antics and questionable decisions.

Shawn would be the source regarding the D'vorah story being before the games timeline in the comics, it's also a bit obvious wouldn't you say? Kahn killing her race, realm etc we never saw that in the game which was clearly after that. Plus remember on the beach she got ripped in half during the whole fight with Havik's blood magic the amulet etc that clealy happened before the games flashbacks as the game already showed Shinnok's amulet yet in the comic, it ended with Raiden taking it some place to hide it...what the game nor the comic explain is when and where did Mileena retain it, we don't know this....hopefully season 2 comic will explain this if they come back. But it's obvious that happened after the comics given how it ended.

It makes sense to me it's just confusing to some or casual fans, readers because it bounces all over the place so I can understand why you'd be confounded. No biggy. I'm sure more will be explained in due time :)
Right, but Shawn would be referring to the main plots of each mediums since, as you've mentioned, the flashbacks are a bit all over the place. The D'Vorah flashback chapter in-game clearly takes place before the comic's main plot as Mileena is not the Empress in the comics, but she is in this in-game flashback.

Costumes are also all over the place in the comics, so I'm not taking those as any indication of canon or not; I'm basing things off of events.

For Mileena's rule, aside from her booting D'Vorah in the face when she came to power and her refusal to seek alliance with Earthrealm, we actually don't know much about it or how she ruled. Someone loyal to Kotal called her the mad Empress, can't recall who, but that could be exaggeration. Mileena in the comics seems far more rational, but inexperienced, and she matured a lot in game as well. I can see the spoiled bit though, but I'm not sure what antics you're talking about.

The D'Vorah story you're referring to is the comic flashback, correct? If so, then yes, that's obviously before hand since in-game there's the Raiden flashback to when she was with Khan's forces in the Mortal Kombat II period. Just to clarify again, when I keep mentioning D'Vorah's flashback above, and taking place before the comics, you know I'm referring to the in-game flashback where she kills Baraka, correct?

I haven't read Issue 13 onwards in the comics yet as mentioned in my original thread.

For the amulet, in-game Rain tells Cassie and D'Vorah that he stole it and gave it to her. Yet also in-game, Raiden tells Sonya about Kano's traps when checking where he secured the amulet, but then his communication faded. I believe that part of the plot was then never expanded on. Perhaps Kano and Rain were working together to steal it, since Kano was playing both Kotal and Mileena at the time.

For me, overall, I'm not confused by the overall story at all, much of it make sense to me and flows, but there are a very select few parts that do not flow. Such as Ermac's loyalty shift since he helped Kotal overthrow Mileena in an in-game flashback that takes place before the comics main story, but then appears to be serving Mileena still, and her rebellion, in said comics.

MKF30

Pretty much the only thing I disagree with you on is the Ermac gig, he was clearly still serving Mileena in the books just started to disagree with her and didn't actually leave her til the game which took place after that due to the Amulet storyline, it makes sense we just don't know what year exactly but it's pretty much to be assumed it's after MK X first chapter but before the future span throughout 10-25 years after that. I don't see it as an error with Ermac, just could have been explained better.

I don't believe D'vorah's flashback is before the comics as nothing suggests that, she was already with Kotal Kahn by that time yet in the comics she hadn't met him yet, then when they forward to the future she joined him and was already with him in the games timelines. But yes that's what I'm referring to, the games flashback I know what you're referring to when she kills Baraka, but is already with Kotal Kahn. Yes. Like I said dude, the timeline is all over the place in the comics one thing I admit they could have done better was referenced the exact years per flashback which they didn't always do. Sometimes we just got "long ago" or something of that nature which is really relative.

But yeah Rain stole it, gave it to Mileena etc and you're right about Kano playing both sides, going for money etc, etc but also just saying we don't actually see where and when Rain stole the amulet, where Raiden hid it since the comic states the Elder Gods can't destroy it (they have the power since they can do virtually anything) but if they did that it would unbind Shinnok as the comic states if you remember thus releasing him. Some speculate Raiden banished it in a lost dimension or hid it in one of the known realms for Rain to find it.

Mileena pretty much felt entitled being the heir to Shao Kahn at that point, Kitana was dead, Shang was dead everyone connected to Shao Kahn as far as being a leader. Ermac was just created to serve him and not really a leader type anyway...While I agree that Mileena's more crazy in the games, she did mature a bit in the timeline if you compare her from MK 9 mileena where she seemed like a little girl crazy to someone who learned outworld politics, obsessed with being the new empress etc. She seemed to rule for a short period but doesnt' really matter since KK took over and she turned rebel.

Since you said you stopped reading at issue 13 there's some things you've missed they touched upon that took place before the games timeline or in between beginning of MK x/end of MK 9 and MKX's ending.

Pshak

Noob
In game text says that d'vorah's flashback happening 5 years before the core mkx story. Sonya's flash back says 20 years ago. Lets say Jc and sonya run strait into bed after Jax, Scorp and Sub fixes. It means by the time of D'vorah's flashbck Casie was 15 years old. Now remind me how old is Cassandra in the comics ....

In game text says that d'vorah's flashback happening 5 years before the core mkx story. Sonya's flash back says 20 years ago. Lets say Jc and sonya run strait into bed after Jax, Scorp and Sub fixes. It means by the time of D'vorah's flashbck Casie was 15 years old. Now remind me how old is Cassandra in the comics ....
Yeah, I think it's in the MK Wiki they talk about how the specified dates in the game and comics don't jive. I use them only loosely when referring to canon as a result.

Pretty much the only thing I disagree with you on is the Ermac gig, he was clearly still serving Mileena in the books just started to disagree with her and didn't actually leave her til the game which took place after that due to the Amulet storyline, it makes sense we just don't know what year exactly but it's pretty much to be assumed it's after MK X first chapter but before the future span throughout 10-25 years after that. I don't see it as an error with Ermac, just could have been explained better.

I don't believe D'vorah's flashback is before the comics as nothing suggests that, she was already with Kotal Kahn by that time yet in the comics she hadn't met him yet, then when they forward to the future she joined him and was already with him in the games timelines. But yes that's what I'm referring to, the games flashback I know what you're referring to when she kills Baraka, but is already with Kotal Kahn. Yes. Like I said dude, the timeline is all over the place in the comics one thing I admit they could have done better was referenced the exact years per flashback which they didn't always do. Sometimes we just got "long ago" or something of that nature which is really relative.

But yeah Rain stole it, gave it to Mileena etc and you're right about Kano playing both sides, going for money etc, etc but also just saying we don't actually see where and when Rain stole the amulet, where Raiden hid it since the comic states the Elder Gods can't destroy it (they have the power since they can do virtually anything) but if they did that it would unbind Shinnok as the comic states if you remember thus releasing him. Some speculate Raiden banished it in a lost dimension or hid it in one of the known realms for Rain to find it.

Mileena pretty much felt entitled being the heir to Shao Kahn at that point, Kitana was dead, Shang was dead everyone connected to Shao Kahn as far as being a leader. Ermac was just created to serve him and not really a leader type anyway...While I agree that Mileena's more crazy in the games, she did mature a bit in the timeline if you compare her from MK 9 mileena where she seemed like a little girl crazy to someone who learned outworld politics, obsessed with being the new empress etc. She seemed to rule for a short period but doesnt' really matter since KK took over and she turned rebel.

Since you said you stopped reading at issue 13 there's some things you've missed they touched upon that took place before the games timeline or in between beginning of MK x/end of MK 9 and MKX's ending.
With respect to the D'Vorah flashback in-game, I'll post more when I get home (at work now and leaving shortly).

For Mileena's maturity, yeah, in the previous game she was young, immature, and pretty nuts. The brief glimpse of her as Empress we did see was her being very entitled, but in the comics and game with her rebellion she seems to have matured. She's about 25 at the age of her death, and in that time being a rebel leader she'd need to learn diplomacy and other such skills, and thus mature, to attempt to succeed, so it makes sense. I mean, Rain and Tanya sided with her, the heir of their conqueror, over Kotal which says something.

Her inexperience is shown though with how easily she was manipulated by Reiko.

Yeah, I'm reading the comics in their published volumes as I stated in my original post starting this thread, though I've read up on the remaining issues. Volume III comes out in April 2016, which is when I'll get those.

Pshak

Noob
Takeda's Fb also 5 years from mkx story. In there we see him training with scorpion with his whips. And in comics he only get his whips from Fujin. I think its safe to say that d'vorah's FB comes after comcs storyline.

Takeda's Fb also 5 years from mkx story. In there we see him training with scorpion with his whips. And in comics he only get his whips from Fujin. I think its safe to say that d'vorah's FB comes after comcs storyline.
D'Vorah's in-game flashback?

MKF30

Agreed, that's what I deduced as well. That and of course we see baby Takeda well, little lol he's a kid in the comics then grows.

With respect to the D'Vorah flashback in-game, I'll post more when I get home (at work now and leaving shortly).

For Mileena's maturity, yeah, in the previous game she was young, immature, and pretty nuts. The brief glimpse of her as Empress we did see was her being very entitled, but in the comics and game with her rebellion she seems to have matured. She's about 25 at the age of her death, and in that time being a rebel leader she'd need to learn diplomacy and other such skills, and thus mature, to attempt to succeed, so it makes sense. I mean, Rain and Tanya sided with her, the heir of their conqueror, over Kotal which says something.

Her inexperience is shown though with how easily she was manipulated by Reiko.

Yeah, I'm reading the comics in their published volumes as I stated in my original post starting this thread, though I've read up on the remaining issues. Volume III comes out in April 2016, which is when I'll get those.
Yeah, true they also did a few archs with D'vorah I'll pretty much take Shawn's word and Vogel for the time being, I'm sure they'll both flesh it out in the future one way or another. I'm not worried but with that whole Ermac thing I'll keep my stance respectively on that. I just hope Ermac turns good in MK 11 or doesn't die. That would suck if he died and brought Shang to have his ending canon.

Yeah, over time Mileena seem to have matured and act less crazy and more spoiled at times like the whole "I decree Shao Kahn my father left it to me blah, blah " lol all that. You figure she mentally matured while having the body of an adult at first. Yeah, Mileena promised them she'd free Edenia and bring it rich again like before Shao Kahn conquered it and killed Edenians.

Yeah, Reiko played her for power but ultimately Havik played him so it evened out lol. You buy the volumes huh? That's cool I buy the issues individually and vols for my collection :)

Where do I get the comics?
I order them from a large book retailer here in Canada called Indigo; I'm ordering the volume collections which have four issues each. Volume III, containing issues 9 to 12, will release this coming April.

Otherwise, your comic retailer should be able to get you individual issues, and others can tell you how to get the series digitally.

Agreed, that's what I deduced as well. That and of course we see baby Takeda well, little lol he's a kid in the comics then grows.

Yeah, true they also did a few archs with D'vorah I'll pretty much take Shawn's word and Vogel for the time being, I'm sure they'll both flesh it out in the future one way or another. I'm not worried but with that whole Ermac thing I'll keep my stance respectively on that. I just hope Ermac turns good in MK 11 or doesn't die. That would suck if he died and brought Shang to have his ending canon.

Yeah, over time Mileena seem to have matured and act less crazy and more spoiled at times like the whole "I decree Shao Kahn my father left it to me blah, blah " lol all that. You figure she mentally matured while having the body of an adult at first. Yeah, Mileena promised them she'd free Edenia and bring it rich again like before Shao Kahn conquered it and killed Edenians.

Yeah, Reiko played her for power but ultimately Havik played him so it evened out lol. You buy the volumes huh? That's cool I buy the issues individually and vols for my collection :)

Now that I'm home, I actually went and watched the Chapter 8 D'Vorah flashback scene from the game; haven't seen it since launch week and of course, it's pretty awesome.

For your own viewing pleasure, and brought to us by a random YouTuber, it starts at 2:16 and then jump to 6:37 to skip the D'Vorah/Baraka fight:

It says it's set 5 years ago, so that would mean Mileena ruled for about 20 years, but I suspect that date is incorrect and this was longer ago (we already established dates are a bit muddled in the game and comics).

Regardless, this clearly takes place before the comic's main story as in this sequence:

- Mileena is still Kahnum
- D'Vorah still serves her at it's start, as does Ermac
- Kotal Khan, Reptile, and D'Vorah our Councillors of Mileena, whom she suspected of treason
- They are discussing Kotal's pending coup, and attempting to enlist D'Vorah to their side
- Ermac turns on Mileena at the start of the fight, as does D'Vorah, and they side with Kotal and Reptile
- Baraka, the last of Mileena's main allies at this point, is killed
- Mileena is "arrested," Kotal is proclaimed Emperor, and Ermac formally pledges himself to him, as does D'Vorah

This has to be before the comic's main story, because in the comics:

- Mileena is now leading her rebellion
- Kotal is Emperor; so the coup has happened
- D'Vorah has been serving Kotal for some time
- Mileena now has other allies, such as Rain and (she thinks) Reiko

The only inconsistency is that Ermac is still with Mileena, which would mean he goes back to her at some point...

So it has to either be a continuity error, or hopefully a really cool story that has yet to be told.

Originally I made this thread to ask if the above is clarified in the comics, issues 9 to 12 which I have yet to read, and I was told no.

However, I agree with you that at some point it'll all be fleshed out better, and that should be an awesome story!

I'm also hoping Ermac doesn't die, but I wouldn't say he's "bad" in this game, as Kotal Khan is more neutral overall, as is Outworld now. They made things less black and white with this, and I like that.

For Mileena, you have to admit though, her claim was legit, construct or no. Shao Khan did indeed acknowledge her, so she is (was) the rightful heir. She also had the presence of mind not to trust Earthrealm, and also not to fully trust D'Vorah. Things Kotal did that bit him a few times. I like Kotal, he's an amazing and honourable character, but I find he makes poor, well meaning decisions that don't actually work out too well for him or his people.

And for Mileena's promise to the Edenians, I wonder if she would have kept it. She actually seemed to care for Rain (not knowing he was playing her; that inexperience again) and even Tanya, so perhaps she would have. I just find it interesting that the Edenians sided with her, since she was mainly honouring Shao's wishes and rule. That says something about her diplomacy skills there.

Yeah, I've read up on the issues I haven't read, so I know about Havok (and his death and D'Vorah pledging herself to the NetherRealm). Looking forward to really reading it this Spring!

I like the volumes because they're a nice collection that looks cool on my shelf :). I'm also really hoping for a comics Season 2!