What's new

Question - Ermac Ermac W.I.P Or Finally Done?

It's no secret that everyone is speculating Ed Boon's Tweet where he said, and I'm paraphrasing. "Big news for XL coming."

Now this sort of tweet as always has people speculating what to expect. ESL Season 4? Pot Bonuses for Majors? Another character added to the game? A balance patch? It could be anything. My guess is it's Pot Bonuses or ESL Season 4.

I've seen some balance conversations since the Community over-speculated at the last Boon Tweet. It got me thinking, we, the Ermac community have been pretty quiet on the board. Our character is pretty self explanatory after all. So it leads me to ask you, the Ermac players. Are we content with Ermac in his current design? Or is he still missing something?

Personally, I think he's more or less fine the way he is. Seems perfectly balanced. The only thing I may request is that Ex Instant Air Blast did more than 5% damage. However, that move is at least +9 when done low to the ground and can be a launcher for all 3 variations, so I almost understand the low damage output compared to the ground version.

What say you, the Ermac community?

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Ermac is a solid character. I think he's fine as he is. Mabye just a little bit more damage scaling but other than that yeah he's fine.

Vinnysouls

Spongebob
do something about b2, its really slow, make it faster maybe? I never use it, sometimes I cancel it into soul ball but honestly its accidental most of the times and I just go with it.

Hmm, yes I forgot about B2. I'd like it to have less recovery on block. That or speed it up. I've never once used B2 3+4 1+2. It would be nice if they could remove some of the damage scaling on that as well.

Cooljaxx

That b2 string is mainly used in spectral.. But no one uses it because of the crappy damage scaling.

I never even see it used in Spectral to be honest. A 32 frame mid that's only string has horrendous damage scaling. It's almost like a cruel joke, similar to Tremor's F2.

Vinnysouls

Spongebob
Hmm, yes I forgot about B2. I'd like it to have less recovery on block. That or speed it up. I've never once used B2 3+4 1+2. It would be nice if they could remove some of the damage scaling on that as well.
or just remove that string and add a completely new one! haha never ever used it, just for fancy combos I guess.

Vinnysouls

Spongebob
A new string for Ermac would be scary. Ermac already has good enough strings.
it doesn't even have to be amazing, just something to replace that shitty string, its really bad haha! but yeah fair enough,for me fixing b2 by making it faster would be more than enough

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Well, if a balance patch comes out and they Nerf top tier, then there's no need to change him. He's a complete character with 3 strong variations.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm not an Ermac guy, but let's not forget this HP regenerating glitch.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What say you, the Ermac community?
Are you serious right now? Ermac made top 8 at EVO being run by Big-D.. he is a legit character and completely viable. Anyone that says different is full of it.

That being said I really hope there is a ESL4 and with it a balance patch and a new Tournament Skin.

So there is at the very least the regen-bug to fix, but I'm sure he will be tweaked if there is a patch.

Are you serious right now? Ermac made top 8 at EVO being run by Big-D.. he is a legit character and completely viable. Anyone that says different is full of it.

That being said I really hope there is a ESL4 and with it a balance patch and a new Tournament Skin.

So there is at the very least the regen-bug to fix, but I'm sure he will be tweaked if there is a patch.
I know, in my opinion he is complete. The things I spoke of previously would be luxury buffs. But I also know that not everyone may feel the same so I was polling the other Ermac players for their thoughts.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Would it be worth changing the launch trajectory of EX air soul blast to make it easier to convert from midscreen, in exchange for taking some of the block advantage off?

Make b1 a mid again
No disrespect, but if you were using B1 as your go-to mid pre-patch, you were honestly doing it wrong,

B1's current properties are way more beneficial to Ermac.

Luxury buffs that come to mind would be

7-10% damage on ex air blast which is only a 2-5% increase from where it's at currently.

B2 either having faster startup or less recovery

B2 3+4 1+2 having a severe drop in damage scaling

B1 being made a mid which would give him a Safe slightly advancing mid that has above average Anti Air properties. Which I wouldn't be completely against since b1 on its own has fairly high recovery and cannot easily be staggered if at all. Though again, that may be too good of an improvement.

The last luxury buff that comes to mind is having more Hit Advantage on ground stomp or, give a meter burned version for a pop up. But again that may be a bit much. The move is only -1 on block after all. Though I wouldn't be against less recovery on whiff. Again, luxuries not necessities.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Make b32 -20 b34 -9 b3-6 b2 is fine make Mystics eX push have no push back make his jump 2-1 worse have b1 11frames and a mid make soulblast 8 frames make eX soul blast have more push bak make s2 7 frames and -8 make d3 more negative have his hit boxes changed across costumes. Fix the damn screen shaking glitch f43-9

B34 is combo punishable by some. Namely Tremor, Tri Borg Raiden, Jax, Cage a small handful of other.

I'd almost agree to b32 being more negative if it were specialable. As of now some of the above can combo punish it as well.

Cooljaxx

All I know is that mystic is busted . Remove that variation name and change it to mysdik :DOGE. And put more recovery and less pushback on that bf2 in mysdik. Unbelievably dumb.

I would agree to that only if Spectral had 0 frame startup & recovery on float and touch down.

Seems as though so far the consensus among the players is that Ermac is fairly well balanced in the grand scheme of things. I was curious to see if anyone who plays the character (note: plays the character) had anything reasonable they'd like to see adjusted in the future.