What's new

Ermac - The Bermuda Triangle "Death Will Follow"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
A little explanation of what is in this video and let me start off by saying that I AM NOT CLAIMING TO BE THE FIRST TO DO THIS, however I have never seen this done before so here's some more strategy using the "deep corner" with Ermac.

Often times when people have their opponent in the corner with Ermac they will either 50/50 with F4/U4/3,1/3,1, etc and when they DO go for the bigger damage, meaning the full combo they usually do something like 31 or B114 in to TKS~JK~Teleport~dash22Push and when this is done they take themselves out of the corner and are now at full screen with their opponent.

With the "Backwards Souls" teleport deep in the corner as shown in this video:

^ This will ONLY work when TIGHT in the corner and the strategy in the following video is a follow-up to that strategy, so remember that. The reason I named this what I did is because of Ermac's movement... and puts you BACK in the corner so there is now NO full screen disadvantage. Ermac is again up close and personal.

I hope you guys like this and I hope it's useful..
metzos13 OneBoxyRobot fr stack zaf SwiftTomHanks Check Konqrr DanCock

zaf

professor
Yea I've noticed for the longest time if you are in the corner and go for a jik after a tks you end up on the other side.
So i have tried in the past, to properly buffer the teleport for this and I have noticed this. I just did not think this was anything special lol. I normally go for b21f1 combos in the corner rather then do this because of the higher damage output.

I wonder if you can do this teleport and land a b21~d3 for a reset.

i guess there could be potential for this, so ill try testing a few things in the am

VOR

Noob
Very nice ending with the reset. It's looking like that jump under/behind is putting you at really good range for the b12f1 loops. I've seen Metzos and Krayzie get some 50's in the corner, but I haven't seen them end it with a reset> i'm not saying they haven't done it before, i just haven't caught it in the vids I've seen. Mix this with strong zoning, psychic palm cancels, 31 throw pressure, and there's a big chunk of ermac's game. Makes me want to watch more Ermac tournament play...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Backwards or Forward Punch...death will, in fact, follow.

And now, the F4 to eliminate wakeups.

Ermac. ERMAC. Let all the world believe.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Damnit, high damage reset in the the corner against mr Mac is our doom!

Nice find, im surprised though no one found this at the beginning. Does this specific combo make it easier to do?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You can also do this with a "little" bit of space between your opponent and the wall. It's basically about the TKS and the wall.

GamerBlake90 told me that Check had a combo like this in a video of his so again this may not be new but I've never seen it in actual gameplay. And it's more about "strategy" than the combo itself.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
HUGE PROPS on the second video, thats some real quality. It's funny, I've definitely noticed before when playing that the jump kick sends you to the other side, and you have to switch your teleport input, I just wasn't smart enough to figure out a practical application like you did.

I am, however, smart enough to use your tech and apply it in a match! :D Thanks again man, this is awesome.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn..that second video. I see shenanigans with b2 feints after a tkp in the corner. Death will follow indeed.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i left a msg on the red storms reset thread basically at the end of the second b12f1 u have 3 options ... b2b1 d3 - b2b1 d4 - or f 4 i personally llike the b2b1 d4 :)

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This changes alot. Good one Storms.

EDIT: I ll try and use that on the upcoming tournament. Gonna need to practice it abit though.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This changes alot. Good one Storms.

EDIT: I ll try and use that on the upcoming tournament. Gonna need to practice it abit though.
The first one uses and will ONLY work with a JP since the JP gives you more time to dash in and begin the B12F1 setup. The second one is easier, but of course the first one is a reset and it potentially 52% with grab.

Also Metzos, I recommend practicing GamerBlake90 's corner x-ray combo if you haven't already... it is amazing and does great damage.
I just use this with 31,TKS,Uppercut,31,22,:x

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I ve already known about that combo a long time ago. I just wasnt doing it cause its very risky and it requires extreme timing. I need to practice that combo some more to get the hang of it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Just wanted to let you know STORMS, the 2nd video corner combo is extremely useful in actual fights. A lot of people post fancy tech that isn't applicable, but this IS a game changer. When I win Winter Brawl, we'll go out for drinks on me.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I ve already known about that combo a long time ago. I just wasnt doing it cause its very risky and it requires extrem timing. I need to practice that combo some more to get the hang of it.
You can cut it short and still get 38% with no chance of dropping it. In a tournament I'd do it instead of going for 3% more.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You can cut it short and still get 38% with no chance of dropping it. In a tournament I'd do it instead of going for 3% more.
There is a much more easier and still damaging combo corner combo with X-RAY. It goes like this. Jp B2(charge abit) B1 lift uppercut d4 X-RAY. Still not as damaging as the above combo but its 100% safe to do.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
There is a much more easier and still damaging combo corner combo with X-RAY. It goes like this. Jp B2(charge abit) B1 lift uppercut d4 X-RAY. Still not as damaging as the above combo but its 100% safe to do.
I'm doing one that ends in f4. I try not to use X-ray unless it puts them away.

What I'm doing is either b114 or 31 to start: lift, jump kick into tp, 31, f4.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm doing one that ends in f4. I try not to use X-ray unless it puts them away.

What I'm doing is either b114 or 31 to start: lift, jump kick into tp, 31, f4.

Yeah just said it cause we started talking about X-RAY corner combos :).

P.S: Winter is coming...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just wanted to let you know STORMS, the 2nd video corner combo is extremely useful in actual fights. A lot of people post fancy tech that isn't applicable, but this IS a game changer. When I win Winter Brawl, we'll go out for drinks on me.
Yeah, the first one was really just for eye-candy, because although is does set you up for a reset w/ F4... it's much harder to do then the 2nd combo.

Thanks for the feedback, Andrew! :D

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
STORMS Hey m8 could you plz tell me the dmg of the corner combo reset ? Cause i think i found a combo which is more dmging with your teleport tech. It goes like this: jp 31 lift tp B12F1x3 F4. If i remember correctly it does 46% dmg without the throw.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
STORMS showed this to me when it first came up. I have to admit that my jaw was near the floor when I saw it. This will give a tremendous boost to Ermac's game. I'm going to be sure I practice this.

To clarify, the backwards jumpkick to Forceport concept with Ermac was first done by Check back when he released his Ermac combo tribute last year. However, this video we see here isn't about combos, it's about a badass wall strategy that I'm sure not very many of us came across. I'm still working to see if this can be done with a jumpkick to add to the damage, but for now, just stick with the jump-punch.

Incidentally, I've released my own Ermac combo tribute like a few weeks ago. It can be found in the Ermac sub-forum.

Thank you for sharing this with us, STORMS!

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
GamerBlake90 Yeap i saw your video, it was pretty good. Really good stuff there. I only have one question. How do you manage to link X-RAY after the B12F1 string midscreen ? I've only managed to do it in the corner. Midscreen it always whiffs.