What's new

Ermac Strategies - "Red STORMS Reset"

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The last part was very interesting. Have you tried doing instead of a deep jp, a deep jk to maximize the combo dmg ? Very interesting stuff though Storms. Thnx alot.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The last part was very interesting. Have you tried doing instead of a deep jp, a deep jk to maximize the combo dmg ? Very interesting stuff though Storms. Thnx alot.
The damage is there, however, in parts... the first part is 27% and if you follow up with a grab, that's 38% in total. However, the idea is more so an act of getting them in the corner, getting damage while also avoiding a wakeup attack and keeping the pressure on them.

I really think the delayed JiP to start that combo will throw people off.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
On wall, you can f4 after his most damaging 3xb12f1 juggles, so why limit yourself in terms of damage? If you know that after Lift you won't connect b1, you can use 31, 31 f4 to keep them in the corner.
In that case of far Lift, jump punch b12f1 b12f1 f4 it is much easier to conect Lift dash f+2 3,1 f+4; you sacrifice only 2% of damage and get the same reset situation.

After jiP u4_f4 isn't really a reliable 50/50, everyone can easily fuzzy guard this; Ermac's u4 is almost the same speed as Mileena's and I don't think anyone has problems with her 50/50 (b3/u4) which is even better, because leads to full combo & is not punishable (u4 being +9 on block, b3 only -3 - comparing it to Ermac's analogic options makes him sad). It is good to surprise the opponent or crush low moves, though.

Just some random setup: when you get the f+4 reset in the corner, you have guaranteed uninterruptable 31 opportunity, (there's no pushback and 3 is in range; midscreen it'll whiff because of f+4 moving the opp away), you can go for 312 and if it hits (or simply when you hit 312 in the corner) instead of trying a safejump, b2 charge etc. you can go for f+2 (which will be also uninterruptable). If it hits, you can easily hitconfirm it into d+1~TKS and juggle and if it's blocked you have frame advantage, so immiediately do d1 - you will always catch the opponent if he tries to jump out and confirm it into second d1 cancelled into TKS&combo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I m gonna start labbing it tomorrow based on what you ve found. I think there is more stuff here to be found.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
In that case of far Lift, jump punch b12f1 b12f1 f4 it is much easier to conect Lift dash f+2 3,1 f+4; you sacrifice only 2% of damage and get the same reset situation.
this video @ :35

The reason this setup excited me to begin with is the fact that I have never seen it done in tournament play or a combo video for that matter. Like I explain in the video, and unless it's possible and I just wasn't seeing... the B12F1 isn't possible from a far TKS unless you do the JiP. Even using it as an anti-air option would work JiP (anti-air),TKS,JiP,B12F1,B12F1,F4,Grab

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
On wall, you can f4 after his most damaging 3xb12f1 juggles, so why limit yourself in terms of damage? If you know that after Lift you won't connect b1, you can use 31, 31 f4 to keep them in the corner.

After jiP u4_f4 isn't really a reliable 50/50, everyone can easily fuzzy guard this; Ermac's u4 is almost the same speed as Mileena's and I don't think anyone has problems with her 50/50 (b3/u4) which is even better, because leads to full combo & is not punishable (u4 being +9 on block, b3 only -3 - comparing it to Ermac's analogic options makes him sad). It is good to surprise the opponent or crush low moves, though.

Just some random setup: when you get the f+4 reset in the corner, you have guaranteed uninterruptable 31 opportunity, (there's no pushback and 3 is in range; midscreen it'll whiff because of f+4 moving the opp away), you can go for 312 and if it hits (or simply when you hit 312 in the corner) instead of trying a safejump, b2 charge etc. you can go for f+2 (which will be also uninterruptable). If it hits, you can easily hitconfirm it into d+1~TKS and juggle and if it's blocked you have frame advantage, so immiediately do d1 - you will always catch the opponent if he tries to jump out and confirm it into second d1 cancelled into TKS&combo.

About the random setup you mentioned, yeah i ve done it many times in my matches. Its really good. About the overhead though, if you mind fuck your opponent with 31's, 312's after a jp they are going to start crouch blocking and thats where the overhead comes in. Like i said many times before. I dont care if i can't juggle after U4 hits. I care about the pressure and the baiting. About the corner pressure i believe from what i ve seen from Storms video that you can do a deep jk after the lift to maximize the dmg, then do 3xB12F1's and then whatever you want(22 TKP, F4 reset etc etc). I m still not sure though i will have to test it tomorrow. Thats what i curious about. If you can connect B12F1 after the deep jk.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
this video @ :35

The reason this setup excited me to begin with is the fact that I have never seen it done in tournament play or a combo video for that matter. Like I explain in the video, and unless it's possible and I just wasn't seeing... the B12F1 isn't possible from a far TKS unless you do the JiP. Even using it as an anti-air option would work JiP (anti-air),TKS,JiP,B12F1,B12F1,F4,Grab

The B12F1 is possible after a far lift. If you do for example jp B114 and then do an ex lift you automatically get pushed back to the distance you were in your video. After that you just dash in and do the loop normally.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
About the random setup you mentioned, yeah i ve done it many times in my matches. Its really good. About the overhead though, if you mind fuck your opponent with 31's, 312's after a jp they are going to start crouch blocking and thats where the overhead comes in. Like i said many times before. I dont care if i can't juggle after U4 hits. I care about the pressure and the baiting. About the corner pressure i believe from what i ve seen from Storms video that you can do a deep jk after the lift to maximize the dmg, then do 3xB12F1's and then whatever you want(22 TKP, F4 reset etc etc). I m still not sure though i will have to test it tomorrow. Thats what i curious about. If you can connect B12F1 after the deep jk.
NO, use a JiP. The JK is useless at the strategy I have in the video. The "deep" JiP though to connect B12F1,B12F1,F4 (reset) though WORKS. That's the whole thing... that's why this was exciting for me.

zaf

professor
Yea, i agree with metzos here. There is still lots about this to be found.

Good stuff storms, i 100% understand what you mean about the recordings not doing what they are suppose to. I have a lot of problems with this too. I have also not seen this anywhere else, you are the first person to at least post this.

I see exactly what you are getting at here, keeping the opponent in the corner with a lift or AA ending in a reset, also with as much damage and advantage as possible. It is great because, what is stopping this from happening right after the reset, if you can get a read off the reset. I dont think it matters what combos into resets we use exactly QjonPL, so long we get good damage into a reset. Storms is just showing as many viable ways to do this, and as many viable ways to set up for b21f2. It never hurts to have many options.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The B12F1 is possible after a far lift. If you do for example jp B114 and then do an ex lift you automatically get pushed back to the distance you were in your video. After that you just dash in and do the loop normally.
Thing is... most people when they have their opponent in the corner and get the lift they do the regular Ermac combo of JK,teleport,22,push - again, in these videos it demonstrates getting that juggle, resetting and maintaining pressure.

I dunno... maybe this wasn't as great as I thought.. I hope it's useful :(

lol, that's why i wanted opinions

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Thing is... most people when they have their opponent in the corner and get the lift they do the regular Ermac combo of JK,teleport,22,push - again, in these videos it demonstrates getting that juggle, resetting and maintaining pressure.

I dunno... maybe this wasn't as great as I though.. :(

lol, that's why i wanted opinions

Nope on the contrary it gave, me at least, some really good ideas in terms of dmg potential.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Nope on the contrary it gave, me at least, some really good ideas in terms of dmg potential.
I'm also thinking it's in a sense a "mind-fuck" or it'll confuse your opponent when they see you doing that "deep" JiP and then start up that B12F1 combo to reset, grab, etc.

So many people just go for that max damage, and not that it's a bad thing, however you want to keep your opponent locked in the corner with Ermac and this is a good way to do it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm also thinking it's in a sense a "mind-fuck" or it'll confuse your opponent when they see you doing that "deep" JiP and then start up that B12F1 combo to reset, grab, etc.

So many people just go for that max damage, and not that it's a bad thing, however you want to keep your opponent locked in the corner with Ermac and this is a good way to do it.

Yeap. Thats why i said that there is much more to find out here. I think you might have found something really good here Stormy.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
k guys zaf STORMS @metzos heres wot i found using both your techs
u can do 31 lift telport b12f1 x2 then b2 b1 (from here u can either d3 d4 or f4 ) i like d4 for the advantage
also from the naked lift to jip u can do b12f1 x2 then one of the 3
ill just add my corner combo here it also keeps them in de corner and using zafs tech at de end
b34 jik tele jik tele dash d1 lift dash b12f1 b2b1 (d3 d4 or f4) wot u guys come up with??

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

YT NOTES:
Just an option when you have your opponent "close" to the corner. Use B12F1 to take them the rest of the way. The reason why I do the JIP after teleport is for more damage and it easily makes more B12F1's (x2) possible followed by a F4 to reset the opponent. Putting the dummy on "jump", they still get hit with the grab as long as it is precisely timed.

I personally love the B12F1 combo, hence why I'm been trying to further explore this combo. DO NOTE: This is a SITUATIONAL combo... it is obviously NOT going to work from just anywhere... however if you are able to corner your opponent just a little... this will push them the rest of the way and by the time you're done... you have them locked in.

I hope you all enjoy it and feel free to comment.