What's new

Ermac has an even less stable placement than the DLCs characters... Why?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
ermac is 2nd or 3rd best male ninja. I'm kinda thinking of maining him after evo. I'm using him on the side learning him slowly but surley.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
1.Kabal
2.Cyrax
3.Sonya
4.Kung Lao
5.Raiden
6.Smoke
7.Kenshi
8.Sektor
9.Ermac
10.Jax
11.Mileena
12.Scorpion
What makes you think that Cyrax is THAT good? And where the hell is Kitana? lol likewise i mostly agree with you but i still think Ermac's lack of armor holds him back.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
What makes you think that Cyrax is THAT good? And where the hell is Kitana? lol likewise i mostly agree with you but i still think Ermac's lack of armor holds him back.
Not having armor doesn't make a character bad. Look at Kitana she has no armor.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Not having armor doesn't make a character bad. Look at Kitana she has no armor.
I didnt say it makes him bad, just that its holding him back. Alot of characters would be much weaker without armor, but some do, and some dont, and you cant argue that not having armor is a good thing.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
His normals. Most of them are plus on block. Also his d4 is plus 1 on block if i remember correctly. And i m not even counting his ridiculus dmg and resets ofc. Kitana is overrated imo. She can be dealt with, with many characters.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I didnt say it makes him bad, just that its holding him back. Alot of characters would be much weaker without armor, but some do, and some dont, and you cant argue that not having armor is a good thing.
Agreed. But if Ermac had armor he would be blowing up almost everyone in the cast except maybe Kabal and Raiden. But that doesnt mean that he needs it to win his bad MU's. And plz keep in mind that i say all these things considering playing Ermac at top notch. I think thats why NRS didnt give him armored moves except his X-RAY in this character.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
well do what Pig Of The Hut foes and do a reverse wakeup if the opponent were to cross u up like he does with kenshi.

I'm just sick of people saying "he needs armor and what not" b/c armor is a quick and lazy way to fix problems.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Agreed. But if Ermac had armor he would be blowing up almost everyone in the cast except maybe Kabal and Raiden. But that doesnt mean that he needs it to win his bad MU's. And plz keep in mind that i say all these things considering playing Ermac at top notch. I think thats why NRS didnt put armored moves except his X-RAY in this character.
Kenshi's got like 4 armored moves lol. All im asking is for one. But yeah, Ermac's a great character, armor can help his weakness of up-close pressure but Ermac can deal with it enough to manage.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Kenshi's got like 4 armored moves lol. All im asking is for one. But yeah, Ermac's a great character, armor can help his weakness of up-close pressure but Ermac can deal with it enough to manage.
Also dont forget that Ermac's pokes are much better than Kenshi's. Thats why Kenshi has so many armored moves. As for what Hitoshura said i agree with him. Just do a reverse wake up attack with Ermac. I ve done it many times. In fact i was the 1st one who proposed doing it against players who THINK he has a weak cross-up wake up game. Trust me on that one Ermac is the most underrated ninja character at least and one of the most underrated characters in the game. Just because no one in the US is playing him doesnt mean he is trash.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
pros: great sweep to midscreen zoning, huge damage output, great wakeup damage, amazing damage anti air conversion, effortless combos

cons: no low starter, can get stuck under pressure

hes top 15 in my book

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
pros: great sweep to midscreen zoning, huge damage output, great wakeup damage, amazing damage anti air conversion, effortless combos

cons: no low starter, can get stuck under pressure

hes top 15 in my book
Against pressure you can use his d1 and d3. In fact his d3 is one of the best in the game. D3 lowers his hitbox low enough causing some of the opponents normals to whiff against him. Also the range is very good and it puts the opponent exactly where Ermac wants the opponent to be. In total footsie control. If you are facing a Mileena or a Sonya player you can always backdash and bait their d4's and punish them with TKP. Also after a successfull d3 you can backdash and return to your zoning. So no i wouldnt say that he gets stuck under pressure. He can put his opponent in a serious trouble if he is played correctly. Also his sweep is plus 2 on block and has great range so its not that easy to bypass his sweep range. If you try to jump against him you are dead if you dont have breaker simple as that. Plus he doesnt need a low starter. He is not a rushdown character he is a zoner. Check out the other zoners in the game. Who else has a low starter combo except Kenshi (who doesnt deal alot of dmg with combos, even when he uses bars) and Freddy who needs bars to deal dmg (and plz dont tell me that 30% without bars is dmg cause its not :) ) but once the opponent is in Freddy is screwed cause of his hitbox.

EDIT: Plus dont forget his throw. Also Freddy's pokes suck big time lets face it.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Against pressure you can use his d1 and d3. In fact his d3 is one of the best in the game. D3 lowers his hitbox long enough for some of the opponents normals whiff against him. Also the range is very good and it puts the opponent exactly where Ermac wants the opponent to be. In total footsie control. If you are facing a Mileena or a Sonya player you can always backdash and bait their d3's and punish them with TKP. Also after a successfull d3 you can backdash and return to your zoning. So no i wouldnt say that he gets stuck under pressure. He can put his opponent in a serious trouble if he is played correctly. Also his sweep is plus 2 on block and has great range so its not that easy to bypass his sweep range. If you try to jump against him you are dead if you dont have breaker simple as that. Plus he doesnt need a low starter. He is not a rushdown character he is a zoner. Check out the other zoners in the game. Who else has a low starter combo except Kenshi (who doesnt deal alot of dmg with combos, even when he uses bars) and Freddy who needs bars to deal dmg (and plz dont tell me that 30% without bars is dmg cause its not :) ) but once the opponent is in Freddy is screwed cause of his hitbox.

EDIT: Plus dont forget his throw.
Ermac's throw is godlike. Critical part of his pressure game is to...well.. end his pressure game sometimes lol. Ermac's not a pressure kind-a-guy and a throw is my go-to method of getting out of close range engagements. I need to utilize the sweep more, i try f4 alot but its punishable on block and i eat combos all day lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He is not a rushdown character he is a zoner. Check out the other zoners in the game. Who else has a low starter combo except Kenshi (who doesnt deal alot of dmg with combos, even when he uses bars) and Freddy who needs bars to deal dmg (and plz dont tell me that 30% without bars is dmg cause its not :) ) but once the opponent is in Freddy is screwed cause of his hitbox.

EDIT: Plus dont forget his throw. Also Freddy's pokes sucks big time lets face it.
If you go by zoning, how can you place Ermac in the top ten yet exclude Freddy altogether? Ermac is definitely the superior character in some match ups (i.e., vs Mileena and Smoke), but Freddy is the better character overall.

How do initiate an offense with Ermac? And how do you deal with high pressure characters like Cage, Jax, and Sonya? They will eventually close the gap and then what do you do? These questions are not meant to mock you. I would really like to know.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If you go by zoning, how can you place Ermac in the top ten yet exclude Freddy altogether? Ermac is definitely the superior character in some match ups (i.e., vs Mileena and Smoke), but Freddy is the better character overall.

How do initiate an offense with Ermac? And how do you deal with high pressure characters like Cage, Jax, and Sonya? They will eventually close the gap and then what do you do? These questions are not meant to mock you. I would really like to know.

Read my above posts and you ll have your answers. I didnt mean to make Freddy look like a bad character (he is my secondary after all :) ) but Ermac can deal against rushdown characters really well if you know how to play against them.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Read my above posts and you ll have your answers. I didnt mean to make Freddy look like a bad character (he is my secondary after all :) ) but Ermac can deal against rushdown characters really well if you know how to play against them.
You cannot keep your opponents away forever. As I said, they will eventually close the gap, and it is precisely then when Ermac struggles. Lacking an armor move is a legitimate weakness that should not be downplayed. In my opinion, Ermac finds himself just outside the top 10. If he had an armor move, he would be top 10.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You cannot keep your opponents away forever. As I said, they will eventually close the gap, and it is precisely then when Ermac struggles. Lacking an armor move is a legitimate weakness that should not be downplayed. In my opinion, Ermac finds himself just outside the top 10. If he had an armor move, he would be top 10.
We can agree to disagree then m8. In the end its up to the player. Ermac can escape pressure if you use his pokes well. If he had an armored move many would be crying about how OP that would be because rushdown characters, like JC which many of you ppl seem to think he is godlike against Ermac, would never be able to get in and if they were they would be thrown fullscreen again. He doesnt need it thats why he hasnt got one all this time.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
If you are facing a Mileena or a Sonya player you can always backdash and bait their d4's and punish them with TKP.
From up close one backdash won't take you away from their d4 range. D4 is i12, 0 on block, TKP is 14f (TKS 13f), so on block she can simply try another d4, you cannot punish her, you'd have to move back further for baiting d4, but every smart Mileena knows d4 range well and won't mindlessly spam it seeing Ermac trying to move away.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
From up close one backdash won't take you away from their d4 range. D4 is i12, 0 on block, TKP is 14f (TKS 13f), so on block she can simply try another d4, you cannot punish her, you'd have to move back further for baiting d4, but every smart Mileena knows d4 range well and won't mindlessly spam it seeing Ermac trying to move away.
You would be surprised at how often mileena players will go for that "another d4" which you were baiting. Its also worth noting that when you are in her d4 "range" you are no way more than 1 backdash from whiff punishing it, If you are right up in her face and shes d4ing you can probably make it out in 2 backdashes, but thats not likely to happen, and if shes using d4 as up close pressure then shes doing it wrong.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

I never said i m gonna punish after blocking their d4 Qjon. I know the universal frame data. Where did you see that in my posts ? I said i m gonna BAIT and punish not i m gonna BLOCK and punish. Also ofc i m not gonna do TKP's in my opponents face all day. Also the distance you might implying must be closer than sweep range. I will never personally go closer than sweep range against Mileena. I simply dont need to go. In sweep range and midscreen Ermac is much better than Mileena.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
EX Ass has armor but only as she travels across not as she lifts up. So she can't armor out of pressure.