What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

Big Frog

Noob
Do you guys do B1 2 F1 or B1 1 4 more?? I know B1 1 4 is for higher damage but I find B1 2 F1 way more consistent online.

zaf

professor
against cross over punches just use TKS. You need to input the command for it in the opposite direction however since they are jumping over you. I do this all day in offline play and it grabs people as they are over me.

You can also use teleport, as it will hit them out the air and you get a combo. Or if you want to be cool, d1 into tks works as well. Watch slips scorpion play, he does this all day. He does d1 into teleport with scorpion into a combo/vortex mixup but the same type of AA can be applied to almost any char

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The TKS anti-cross over works but not that consistently I've noticed...and if there's lag or remote delay, it'll mess up....I've found neutral jumps work well into TKS combos as a newer tactic that can work and his D+4 works very well too and D+1 has ridiculous fast frames which can stop a rush down.

Error

DF2+R2
I'm starting to wish Ermac's air blast was a projectile or at least had more range lol. But I've been using it to make safer jump ins.

MKF30

Yeah that would be cool, if it was a projectile like Sindel's. Say instead of a blast, make his enhanced version a projectile or should have made his normal air blast a normal projectile and his enhanced version a beam of energy like Sub's ice beam. That would be cool.

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
I wish they could somehow make F4 Cancelable. Whether that be by nerfing every other move, idk, but his mix-up game sucks. Also It would've been cool to see U3 into a combo
*accidently put U4 not U3*

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
I'm starting to wish Ermac's air blast was a projectile or at least had more range lol. But I've been using it to make safer jump ins.
I was playing around with this last night. I was considering "tiger kneeing" it in certain situations but I'm not sure how useful it would be. I wish it did have a bit more range though. The only issue is determining if there is any practical reason to use it for anything other then making jump-ins more safe... I've been thinking about its recovery just above the ground......does anyone know if it has faster recovery when done this way?

MKF30

I wish they could somehow make F4 Cancelable. Whether that be by nerfing every other move, idk, but his mix-up game sucks. Also It would've been cool to see U3 into a combo
*accidently put U4 not U3*
I wish that his U4 was done easier, like F+3 or something honestly lol as an easier imput.

Error

DF2+R2
Zaf suggested or at least mentioned doing it as an instant air fireball, a lot faster start-up and you recover quicker. Still, the move's lack of range seems to limit when you can use it.

I wish that his U4 was done easier, like F+3 or something honestly lol as an easier imput.
I know, I'm always doing random neutral jump kicks when I try it.

MKF30

lol same here. I agree, his air blast should be made safer perhaps push him back more too to ensure this

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
I've tested iAB and j.P~Airblast with second player to determine its advantage on block and it's around +2-3 frames only ; ( And its recovery is better if done closer to the ground.

MKF30

While I also know it's rare, the air blast can also be used for mind games as well as combo enders.

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
Just because I'm too lazy to upload another video
Inspired by 3,1 pressure: 3,1 > Force Lift > Dash under > Uppercut > Dash toward > 1,2 > Force Push (like 38% damage I think)
And you can forcelift after a low/delayed jump kick
(assuming 3 is X. I'm forgetting the 1234 scheme)

MKF30

Really? I'd imagine you'd have to react FAST since her roll is so fast lol. That's neat though.

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
Doing some final online matches before college and no PS3. 3,1 pressure is absolutely god like. If the 1 connects, forcelift. If it doesn't connect, either jump over or throw.
*edit* I didn't mean to @MFK. Meant to do force push but only B1 came out, and I threw my B1 out first and she just happened to roll into it :p

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er

Thoughts on this video, haven't looked around to see if it's been posted yet.
Never thought I'd see a video of mine not posted by me o_o
I tested it out with 2 controllers. If the xray goes into OTG mode it can be blocked, which would kinda suck >_>

zaf

professor
you can use IAF after a jip. You can do this fast enough, just got to get used to the inputs. When it hits you can dash in. Since its range is so limited at such a close range to the ground, the real only time to use this is after a jip. For safe jump ins, it works nicely. Just dont get in the habit of this, dont want to get punished for using it. If you can manage to train your opponent for these, instead of airblast for safe jump ins, if your opponent does anything, this opens up teleport as well. It becomes a viable option on reaction to certain things and on prediction very viable.

MKF30

Yeah, his airblast is safer the lower you shoot to the ground I've noticed and good for keeping foes at bay, I love to sometimes jump in, do an airblast not touching them and dash and throw lol or buffer the TK push after an air blast, since they tend to release block after the blast....and try to rush you down.