What's new

Ermac | Anti-Air Options

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
B3 isn't bad for AA but Erm has other options, just don't expect "crazy" damage from it.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
What is the spacing required for 1 to AA someone jumping in on you and what is the timing to actually hit 1 for the AA to connect?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
From what ive seen its almost abit outside sweep range. Good thing about AA1 is that it has a high hitbox which means that after the opponent jumps he can get hit. The range is really good also. Its not that hard to connect it if you have good reflexes.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Oh ok, does it work aroud jip range or force push range or is it simply better to be at around sweep range?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Oh ok, does it work aroud jip range or force push range or is it simply better to be at around sweep range?

You can do it from TKP range (not max ranged though) if you dash and AA1, but yeah its better to do it from sweep range. If the opponent is further than sweep range its safer to do a lift as an AA.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Best use of d1 is for AA crossups. But it requires good timing. Better use uppercut or AA standing 1 for regular AA's. Uppercut is also very good for AA crossups.

Never try to AA with uppercuts online. They're stupidly inconsistent, even fast ones like Liu and NW, at least for me, even in good connections.
However, if you play offline at all then by all means, uppercut all day.

For general purpose AA I stick with D1 or a quick backdash and Lift. I find they both work best just slightly out of jump range rather than them coming down on top of you.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Uppercuts, D1(when timed right), F1, 1 and even 4 at times is good AA if you time it right.