What's new

EAST COAST THROWDOWN - VENUE PENDING - May 2-3 - EAST COAST MAJOR

Noob
SweetJohnnyCage said:
Wow, it's been a while. I'm back with something BIG. It's been tossed around the tables of Chinatown's restaurants for quite some time now, but I believe it's time to do this. I want to run a major. I'm not looking to be better than everyone else, but too many people have suggested it to me and it's about damned time I got off my lazy butt and did it.

PENDING Location: New Jersey hotel, Brooklyn Hotel, Queens Hotel, anywhere you think would be good.

Games:

Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (PS3)
Soulcalibur 4 (Xbox 360 or PS3)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PS2 Anniversary Collection)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Wii)
Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2 American)

PENDING PRICES:

$20 - Venue
$15 - Tournament
$5/person - Team Tournament

Side Tournaments will be as always:

Ultimate MK3
AND WHATEVER ELSE ANYONE WANTS TO RUN!! I WILL PRINT BRACKETS AS ALWAYS!!

Equipment:

I know that we'll need at least 20 TVs. Now I can't be like Eric and get a moving truck to haul all 20 TVs, so this will require some community help. I know that we can get at least 6-7 TVs from Long Island alone. I have a 360 I can bring as well as a Wii and PS2 without problem, and so can a few other people who are definitely in. So here's what we'll need:

TVs: Another 15
Xbox 360: Another 3 or 4.
PlayStation 3: Another 6 or 7
PlayStation 2: Another 5 or 6
Wii: 2 or 3 more.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CAN BRING! I WILL GIVE YOU $5 OFF VENUE!

I want some feedback on how doable this is for people. I know May is only about 45 days away, but I think with enough hype and viral word of mouth, we can make this tournament very large. This will be a hotel tournament, so I'll see if I can get room discounts and whatnot, although I don't think that should be too hard. I know that I can instantly get about 50 heads to a Castle Golf tournament, so why can't we double or TRIPLE that amount and make it a fucking major? Please let me know what's good with everyone ASAP so I can get this thing going!

P.S.
I WILL HAVE PRE-REGISTRATION set up through a PayPal account so things can get started a hell of a lot faster than most tournaments.

If enough people are interested, I'll also run MK2 as well, but I'll need like 8-10 people for MK2.

Northeast Major Tournament, May 2009

Hopefully I'll be able to make this trip.

If I can see around 15+ entrants for UMK3, I'd definitley make the trip. While also competing in SFIV, 3S, and ST.

Also, is UMK3 going to be on the 360?

Noob

OJuggernaut0 said:
Hopefully I'll be able to make this trip.

If I can see around 15+ entrants for UMK3, I'd definitley make the trip. While also competing in SFIV, 3S, and ST.

Also, is UMK3 going to be on the 360?
Most likely it'll be run on 360 as it's simply the easiest way to do it. MAME is actually more accurate and allows more controllers to be used, but it's a real hassle to set up and keep properly.

I'd recommend the 360. Please people, promote this tourny to everyone and anyone that plays fighters. I will try and fly up there if we can get enough people in the UMK3 tourny.

Please, if you play UMK3, GO TO THIS TOURNY, ya lazy bastards.

Noob

OJuggernaut0 said:
I'd recommend the 360. Please people, promote this tourny to everyone and anyone that plays fighters. I will try and fly up there if we can get enough people in the UMK3 tourny.

Please, if you play UMK3, GO TO THIS TOURNY, ya lazy bastards.
True, it's not like they need anymore people to play Street Fighter Lite.

Noob

black album said:
I liev in CT but im to lazy to go.
It would be great to get as many people in the tri-state area to go to this. NEC and this upcoming Major will be the only Majors that UMK3 has been at in the NE. I'm also in preliminary talks with John to bring MK2 there as well, but that's also going to be up to participation. I know that some people thought that NEC in Philly was too far, and yeah it's a hike from places like CT, but NJ is significantly closer and worth the time to come and participate, meet people, and play some competitive UMK3, among other games. The Street Fighter Lite tournament should be pretty big, as will HDR and 3rd Strike.

Noob

dookiebrain said:
just like the last one, im in
Attaboy.... this time though, I recommend some directions. NJ is not a very user friendly place to drive in.

9.95 said:
dookiebrain said:
just like the last one, im in
Attaboy.... this time though, I recommend some directions. NJ is not a very user friendly place to drive in.
all i gotta do is get to the town its in,then stop at a gas station and find out where the street is,lol,lol.....just like last time

Noob

dookiebrain said:
all i gotta do is get to the town its in,then stop at a gas station and find out where the street is,lol,lol.....just like last time
That's way easier said than done. NJ has parkway signs in the strangest places... you'll have like 12 signs in a row, each on consecutive blocks, and then nothing for 18 miles. When you get on the parkway its even worse. You're looking for your exit, and there's no signs... then you finally see a sign for your exit and it reads "Exit 22...15 feet behind you"

Noob
Title updated. The Tournament's name is now East Coast Throwdown and it will be taking place May 2-3. Venue is pending, hopefully John will have more info for us by the end of the weekend.

Noob
Ok guys, this tournament is on Saturday, UMK3 to start at 4pm. We are working to try and get an MK2 tournament as well, and it's looking good.

Who's in?