7. Al D
9. Darren
9. KalDragon
11. John C
11. Blackula
14. Styroteqe
14. Outlaw X
14. Life

All players used sticks, pads were optional. The tournament was played on a PC, because it was easier.

Special thanks to Summoning and Styroteqe for supplying extra needed accessories for running the tournament, and as always, all the players who show up and make UMK3 matter at tournaments, whether they are major or not. No MKII tournament, I didn't see any casual matches for it all night and it was set up with sticks on the lap top for a while. The tournament was weaved between all the others, so it took about 4 1/2 hours, running over the time limit we were allowed in the ballroom. The brackets were screwed up in the losers somehow, I don't know why, but the placement is sort of irregular. Shout out to frequent UMK3 tournament players Phi and Amir who were also in attendance.

Congratulations to Joe iloveu on qualifying as the 4th member for Evo's East Coast 5 on 5 Team in East Vs West Street Fighter 4. Joe is the East Coast's best Sagat player.

Tournament was fun, can't wait for another.

Noob
This was a great tournament. I really wish more people could have made it. The best part of it is that not a single person used a pad. Everyone used a stick and it was great.

The online UMK3 scene may be dead, but the tournament scene is definitely picking up... more and more players are participating each and every tournament. I hope some of you guys can make it next time.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
9.95 said:
This was a great tournament. I really wish more people could have made it. The best part of it is that not a single person used a pad. Everyone used a stick and it was great.

The online UMK3 scene may be dead, but the tournament scene is definitely picking up... more and more players are participating each and every tournament. I hope some of you guys can make it next time.
An excellent tournament. A bigger turnout would have definitely been nice. But it does still seem like the majority of people who call themselves competitive MK players would rather talk smack online then be bothered to leave their house and go to an event.

Perhaps we need to try and get a more MK centric event going. Maybe MK and a couple of other games, but not 14 different fighters. The level of competition was good at this event, we need to keep the momentum.

I don't want to wait another 12 months before we have some competitive games at a public event.

Anyway, captured video from the matches will be available online soon, and people can talk smack about them all they want, but if they didn't bother to show up they should just keep their traps shut and try and make it next time :D

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Did Julian complain about runjabs and how he couldn't boot you from the room? lol jk great to see the umk3 community still throwin it down like this. Good stuff.

styroteqe said:
But it does still seem like the majority of people who call themselves competitive MK players would rather talk smack online then be bothered to leave their house and go to an event.
Good way to put it. I would actually love to meet and play such players offline, even if I got torn open. Fact is with my personal issues distorting my plans, I just can't give in to certain pleasures. I can't even play XBL anymore. :(
Then again I'm just one person.

dubson

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
Did Julian complain about runjabs and how he couldn't boot you from the room?
I think you have the Julian who attends these tournaments confused with someone on xbox live.

Noob
dubson said:
Dreamcatcher said:
Did Julian complain about runjabs and how he couldn't boot you from the room?
I think you have the Julian who attends these tournaments confused with someone on xbox live.
I'm pretty sure Dubson is right. There was no complaining about run jabs or any other tactic used at all during the tournament.

Noob
black album said:
Maybe's he's all talk over the internet and nothing when it comes down to real life.
First, I'm VERY inclined to say that these are 2 different people.

Also, regardless of who he is, this Julian is poised to take either 1st or 2nd in a UMK3 major. That's far from "nothing in real life" if you ask me.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
9.95 said:
First, I'm VERY inclined to say that these are 2 different people.

Also, regardless of who he is, this Julian is poised to take either 1st or 2nd in a UMK3 major. That's far from "nothing in real life" if you ask me.
Yeah maybe I have him confused with someone else. Either way he's at the top with Shock, with or without complaining lol. There's an "OMGItsJulian" on live who would boot me from the lobby and send messages "sorry I don't like runjab players, nothing personal". I think he's from Seattle?

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
Yeah maybe I have him confused with someone else. Either way he's at the top with Shock, with or without complaining lol. There's an "OMGItsJulian" on live who would boot me from the lobby and send messages "sorry I don't like runjab players, nothing personal". I think he's from Seattle?
Yeah, definitely different people. This Julian is from Philly.

Noob
DarkSide said:
So does Julian ever play online or only offline on a cabinet?

Any videos of this?
I don't know if he plays online. Vids will be up eventually once we they're cut up and ready.

Noob
TheRagingStorm said:
Pardon me, but may I ask when a where did this tournament happen?
The Thread directly under this one...LOL.

East Coast Throwdown, May 2-3, Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ.