What's new

Dialing Raiden's combos too fast

Loot

the special effects
I originally posted this in Advanced Gameplay but figured it was obviously more suited to Raiden, so to elaborate:

I was playing online and noticed that if I did Raiden's midscreen BnB (B312 Dash 2~Shocker 334 superman) too quickly it would cause the combo to drop after the 334, resulting in a damage reset. Thinking it may have just been lag, I went into the dojo and managed to recreate this. In the 2 videos below the first one demonstrates doing superman immediately after 334, resulting in the damage being reset causing the combo to do 40%, whereas the second video shows waiting to superman until the target has been knocked away with 334 for 35%. Please note I am not saying this is a guaranteed 5% extra damage as it may be possible to block the superman after the 334 (also interesting to note that although the damage scaling is reset, superman will hit for 9% instead of the normal 10%). I posted this as it looks as if the target is still airborne after the combo drops, netting 5% additional damage. I don't have a human to test this with to see if the superman is blockable or not, based on what is seen in the first video.

Loot

the special effects
Just did a quick test in practice by setting the AI to block after the popup and indeed it is true. If you superman too quickly after the 334 the combo will drop and you can be punished by a full combo. So a word of the wise, do not dial superman until the opponent has been knocked away from the 334 or the combo will drop early and you can be punished on block by the superman. Kinda weird but oh well.

This makes 334~tle Shocker B312 Superman his best midscreen as it much more safer simply because you can't be punished by doing quicker inputs. Sorry if this is old info but I just discovered the main difference between these two BnBs myself.