What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
Does anyone know how scar does his corner combos? I've seen him do b33212 into grenade, after detonating he just throws another grenade and goes straight into the reload combo. No njp. And it requires only 2 nades instead of the three in her normal mid combo reload. I haven't been able to replicate it even once and I'll be really glad if someone could show me the trick to making it work.
PS. He does something similar midscreen

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Does anyone know how scar does his corner combos? I've seen him do b33212 into grenade, after detonating he just throws another grenade and goes straight into the reload combo. No njp. And it requires only 2 nades instead of the three in her normal mid combo reload. I haven't been able to replicate it even once and I'll be really glad if someone could show me the trick to making it work.
He uses negative edge. Throw a grenade, delay a little bit then detonate. When you throw the second, you HOLD 1 instead of detonating it manually and press F2 (midscreen) or S4 (corner) and as soon as that happens, you press down down quickly and let go of 1.

jmt

Noob
To do the reload with 2 grenades only it has to be close grenades.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
So, while I figured out how to do negative edge combos midscreen and in corner, my problem is getting a F2 or S4 to come out consistently. I do the inputs and they're on screen, but many times Sonya will just stand there and teabag as I do F2/S4 into DD1 lol

jmt

Noob
So, while I figured out how to do negative edge combos midscreen and in corner, my problem is getting a F2 or S4 to come out consistently. I do the inputs and they're on screen, but many times Sonya will just stand there and teabag as I do F2/S4 into DD1 lol
Same exact thing happened to me a lot when I was learning it. Eventually you figure it out.

Same exact thing happened to me a lot when I was learning it. Eventually you figure it out.
Same thing is happening to me but I'm doing the non-negative edge corner reload combo. After the third grenade (the one you detonate with dd1) she just stands there and doesn't reload, I think we're not giving her enough recovery time after the grenade so the inputs get lost.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
It's weird because if I just do the same input by throwing out two grenades into a NE reload without starting a combo it works just fine. I can't wrap my head around this one.

jmt

Noob
It's weird because if I just do the same input by throwing out two grenades into a NE reload without starting a combo it works just fine. I can't wrap my head around this one.
I was doing it last night. Do a close grenade and then a normal grenade. Was working really well.

How the hell do you guys throw out the third grenade so fast after the second in her reload combos in the corner? I'm talking about the non negative edge corner reload combo, everyone one I see doing it throws out the third grenade immediately after the second and when I try it it seems like i have to wait more for her to recover?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
How the hell do you guys throw out the third grenade so fast after the second in her reload combos in the corner? I'm talking about the non negative edge corner reload combo, everyone one I see doing it throws out the third grenade immediately after the second and when I try it it seems like i have to wait more for her to recover?
If you detonate the grenade right away as you throw it you have that recovery time. You gotta throw it, once it's kinda far detonate and then throw the other one right away.

If you detonate the grenade right away as you throw it you have that recovery time. You gotta throw it, once it's kinda far detonate and then throw the other one right away.
Ah ok thanks, but don't you have to detonate the second grenade (after the njp) when the opponent is at his/her highest? So you're saying I have to wait a little longer to detonate the second grenade right?

Airvidal

Ah ok thanks, but don't you have to detonate the second grenade (after the njp) when the opponent is at his/her highest? So you're saying I have to wait a little longer to detonate the second grenade right?
Correct!
Throw the second grenade "as soon" as you "land" from the njp, let it travel a tad bit and then detonate. This will allow you to throw the third grenade right after you detonate.

jmt

Noob
It's really the same time. Letting go of 1 and hitting dd detonates the bomb and starts the reload.

Airvidal

It's really the same time. Letting go of 1 and hitting dd detonates the bomb and starts the reload.
No it's not. I tried the combo for hours this morning thinking it was the same thing like you just said but never got it. I just turned negative edge on and I got the combo, pretty easily. Wow, I didn't know this setting would let you summon the drone before the bomb goes off.

Great stuff! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
No it's not. I tried the combo for hours this morning thinking it was the same thing like you just said but never got it. I just turned negative edge on and I got the combo, pretty easily. Wow, I didn't know this setting would let you summon the drone before the bomb goes off.

Great stuff! Thanks for the help!
Haha. That's what I'm saying man. With NE on if you do the inputs like I said it's the same time. Glad you got it now.

Im gunna do everyone a rock solid and make a video explaining what negative edge actually does so this question isnt asked a thousand times
Such a great idea. As someone who doesn't play Demo yet (still too hard) but reads every single post on the Sonya boards (I wish we were more active), I always giggle at the volume of negative edge posts. Seriously. 20% of Sonya Demo talk must be about discovering, explaining, and praising negative edge. XD

Reactions: Jer