What's new

Guide - Demolition Demolition Sonya Combo list with gifs + Negative Edge video guide

jmt

Noob
When they say they have "new tech", but don't want to share it......translation.....it's either not new or it is trash.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
*Sigh* why can't you just post it on here so we can all discuss it? I don't get why people get all secretive about tech, this is stuff that helps everyone and other people might even be able to expand on it.
Im not being secretive, I was actually just asking her a question since we both talk all the time.

Sonya has a corpse hop off of a nade trading with a grab and that's it, im trying to see if theres other ways to do it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Im not being secretive, I was actually just asking her a question since we both talk all the time.

Sonya has a corpse hop off of a nade trading with a grab and that's it, im trying to see if theres other ways to do it.
Tbh I'm probably just a bit salty at other people that do it and I was taking it out on you there, sorry. That sounds cool actually.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Tbh I'm probably just a bit salty at other people that do it and I was taking it out on you there, sorry. That sounds cool actually.
No worries dude. I was more or less just gunna make a video talking about it thats why I wasnt really mentioning anything right away

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Anyone have any tips on the negative edge thing? I cant seem to hold 1 and press 4 at the same time as they are opposite of each other

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Anyone have any tips on the negative edge thing? I cant seem to hold 1 and press 4 at the same time as they are opposite of each other
Hmm, the only advice I can give you is to tilt your controller in a way where your thumb fits between 2/3, and only touched 1/4.

I actually don't tilt the controller, just my hand - but try it out and it'll become easier.

Last edited:

the.hamburglar

Hmm, the only advice I can give you is to tilt your controller in a way where your thumb fits between 2/3, and only touched 1/4.

I actually don't tilt the controller, just my hand - but try it out and it'll become easier.
Thank you. Also I will know I get it when I can combo off it right? And when should I reload in the neutral?

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I'm trying to learn this negative-edge stuff. I see Scar doing combos midscreen for a bar. Is there a guide on how to do those? And why is it best to not to use the second set of grendades in the same combo?

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
I'm trying to learn this negative-edge stuff. I see Scar doing combos midscreen for a bar. Is there a guide on how to do those? And why is it best to not to use the second set of grendades in the same combo?
Usually I don't find it worth it to use 1 bar for midscreen combos, they add like 2-3% at best. If you tell me which combo you're referring to I can explain it. Here's the most damaging one that I know of (nerfed dmg since then):

There are also some 1 bar combos on the first page of the thread, click "1 meter" to expand those.

Using more than 3 grenades in a combo is rarely worth it, since the damage scales very hard. I see scar do it in the corner and midscreen and honestly I don't get it at all. My midscreen bnbs do more than scars combos with 4 grenades mid screen, and him using 5 grenades in the corner does about same damage as i use with 3 but sacrifices OKI, sacrifices resources (2 grenades extra wasted) etc. I don't get, so perhaps ask scar why he does that. Imo it is completely useless.

Thank you. Also I will know I get it when I can combo off it right? And when should I reload in the neutral?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Basically, throw a grenade and keep holding one, press 4 and then release 1 - press down down fast. If you can do this and get the reload after 4 then you can do the tech. There's no "when to reload" in neutral guide I can give you aside from after combos. Besides after combos, it's basically you playing neutral and feeling when you can get away with it. It's difficult, but you got to learn matchups to learn when you can get away with it.

Reactions: jmt

the.hamburglar

I got the negative edge down, thank you for the help @Ayase Chihaya . Gonna go look at the combos now
Edit: so im kinda stuck. I did the first corner neg edge combo and after the njp i cant seem to drop the third stun grenade fast enough because the training dummy just falls. Tips?

Last edited:

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
I got the negative edge down, thank you for the help @Ayase Chihaya . Gonna go look at the combos now
Edit: so im kinda stuck. I did the first corner neg edge combo and after the njp i cant seem to drop the third stun grenade fast enough because the training dummy just falls. Tips?
Sorry for the late reply, I'm not playing anymore.

It sounds like you hit the NJP too fast maybe, because you detonate the first nade too fast? Try to detonate the first grenade on a delay so you got more t ime on the way down of the NJP to hit it low. It should give you enough time to get out all 3 nades!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yes, but completely useless due to heavy damage scaling and sacrifice of resources/setup/oki. Do the negative edge combo and instead of 12 2134 ender, just continue with 4 grenade, 4 grenade, 4 grenade.
k, lol. I was looking at page 1 and didnt see it in the guide, im debating even messing around with sonya because the negative edge is a pain to turn off and on.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
k, lol. I was looking at page 1 and didnt see it in the guide, im debating even messing around with sonya because the negative edge is a pain to turn off and on.
True, it's a bit of a pain in the current online where you need to go offline to turn it off. I only play demo so I don't mind, but there are alternative stuff for no-NE that some players use because they're lazy. Try her out, she's fun!