What's new

Question Dealing with Flash

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Recently picked up the mean green machine, and I've got all his execution and bnbs down, now I'm learning match ups. So far the hardest I've encountered has been Flash. I don't know what to do vs him. Up close I can't really break pressure, it's hard for me to zone him because of his great dash, and he plays footsies well unless I have trait. What should I be doing?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Martian's F2 low-crushes his d12.
So after b22 frame trap, flash has to actually stop and think twice before he goes low, leaving you able to d1 before his f2 can come out. The meta begins.
Lots of MB orb pressure up close and using trait to outfootsie.

You zone him just like any other character. Throw a MB orb out, zone, and try to bait a bad charge. He can slide under MB orbs btw.

Buy time for trait to come back, out footsie, zone and repeat.

Last edited:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Martian's F2 low-crushes his d12.
So after b22 frame trap, flash has to actually stop and think twice before he goes low, leaving you able to d1 before his f2 can come out. The meta begins.
Lots of MB orb pressure up close and using trait to outfootsie.

You zone him just like any other character. Throw a MB orb out, zone, and try to bait a bad charge. He can slide under MB orbs btw.

Buy time for trait to come back, out footsie, zone and repeat.
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant with the f2. I labbed it, set Flash to b22 d12, and f2 doesn't negate the d12 at all. I'm doing it as fast as possible, but it isn't working. Mind going a little more in-depth?

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant with the f2. I labbed it, set Flash to b22 d12, and f2 doesn't negate the d12 at all. I'm doing it as fast as possible, but it isn't working. Mind going a little more in-depth?
he may have meant martians b2

B2 doesn't alter mmh hitbox like f2 does, and we need games sometime this week. I'm back tonight, not sure when I'll be on though.
i'm in practice mode right now...

i got flash doing b22, d12 tight enough where i cant 6f d1 between the strings. as MMH, if i crouch block b22 i can b2 right over flashs d12. so here is what i think shazzyam meant:

as martian, b2 punish the frame trap. this will make the flash go to b22, f2 for the mixup. flash f2 is 15f (comes out in 12 with the frame adv from b22 if i'm not mistaken), so you can d1~special punish. this is where the "meta" comes in.

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
i'm in practice mode right now...

i got flash doing b22, d12 tight enough where i cant 6f d1 between the strings. as MMH, if i crouch block b22 i can b2 right over flashs d12. so here is what i think shazzyam meant:

as martian, b2 punish the frame trap. this will make the flash go to b22, f2 for the mixup. flash f2 is 15f (comes out in 12 with the frame adv from b22 if i'm not mistaken), so you can d1~special punish. this is where the "meta" comes in.
I'll test this right now, thanks :)

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Ok wait no Shazzy is right, you just have to do the f2 fast as shit. Can't spend any time walking forward. Thanks Shazzy

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Ok wait no Shazzy is right, you just have to do the f2 fast as shit. Can't spend any time walking forward. Thanks Shazzy
No prob. If he tries to go for the overhead after b22, I think Martian's F2 beats it as well.

F2 is a godsend in this MU, but remember good Flash players can blow you up for it.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
No prob. If he tries to go for the overhead after b22, I think Martian's F2 beats it as well.

F2 is a godsend in this MU, but remember good Flash players can blow you up for it.
Couldn't Martian Manhunter's F1 win as well, more so with trait? If I remember correctly, that is five frames.