Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALREADY KNOWN TECH!

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
It's my first post, so banish me to Mordor if I did something wrong. My name is not based on the site. Anyway, I haven't posted out of laziness, but seeing as how I haven't exactly found it around here, Cyber Sub has (3) 48% WALL combos, and (1) 49% wall combo. So here they are.

NOTE: These are hard to do. However, they can be done consistently with practice. Guaranteed.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP211+2, NJP, 4, 34, F112xxSlide, 48%
Variation 1: (JIP+2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP+2,1,1+2) (NJP) (Standing 4 at opponent's max height -strict-, proceeded by a -strict- very fast (3,4), then a -strict timing- fast as possible (Forward 1, 1, 2,xxSlide) 48% Basically, its a punch punch freeze, dash back and jump into his sword lift, a neutral jump punch, a standing 4, his overhead kick launcher, and then the F1,1,2,slide for maximum damage. This is the highest damage you can get with no meter.
NOTE: If you take out the Standing 4, the combo is extremely easy to do, and results in 47%.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP211+2, Jump Back Kick, 34, F112xxSlide, 48%
Variation 2: (JIP +2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP+2,1,1+2) -here's the tricky different part- (Jump kick backwards with perfect timing, so you can land on the ground before the midair opponent and do a 3,4, into a F1,1,2,slide) 48%
Same thing as the previous combo, however, if you find a jump back kick easier to do consistenly, then go for this one. I myself find the first one easier offline, but the next combo is easier online.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP34, 211+2, 34, 33xxSlide, 48% Enhanced Slide = 49%
Variation 3: (JIP +2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP 3,4) (2,1,1+2) (3,4) (3,3,xxSlide) 48%. If you absolutely think the guy has 49% health, you can use an ExSlide on this combo, whereas the others you cannot due to a weird bug, and it'll give you a 49% combo. This is basically the biggest variation on the 48, going into 3,4's immediately compared to the sword lift, and is easier online, but still difficult.
I'm not going to post the 57 or 59, X-ray combo, I'm sure someone has before.
If anyone wants to see a video of these combos, I have them recorded, however, not edited for posting yet.

Altaire

Noob
First off, you really, really need to adjust your notation. Like, that was strenuous to read. There's no need for brackets, you can just separate sequences with commas and everything will be easier. Your first combo could've been left at JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2, NJP, 4, 3 4, 1 1 2 slide. That's a little easier on the eyes.

Second, the only 48% combo worth using is the third one, and it's been known for months; xTac posted it god knows how long ago. The other two are needlessly execution-heavy. There's also no point in ever risking the meter for one percent more damage, because 1) there's no way you can be sure your opponent has only 1% health left and 2) if you really wanted to chip your opponent out, you'd be better off using your meter on an EX divekick. Deep jumpkick into EX divekick is 7% chip right there.

God be damned Altaire, I know you're a little blunt, but this wasn't a "Do this" guide. It's more of an information kinda thing. I would never use the 49. Nobody in their right mind would ever. But let's just say, in theory, that you -knew- the guy had 49, and you had only .00001 percent health left, and the guy can't breaker, and it's the grand finals, you'd probably go for it.
Anyway, the first is viable, I do it consistenly even online. And if you like, you can take out the Standing 4, and you'll still have 47%.
And as for my notation, I'm aware of how notation is done around here, but I honestly think it's a little hard to visualize, so I did lay-men's terms notation, y'know? Some people may or may not find my notation helpful. Sorry, can't please everyone. Point is, it's there. Don't be a negative nancy all the time :p

Also, this was just a list of the variations because some may find the first easier, and some may find the third easier. Or in some cases the second. I think 1 is easier than 3, but you think 3 is easier than 1.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
God be damned Altaire, I know you're a little blunt, but this wasn't a "Do this" guide. It's more of an information kinda thing. I would never use the 49. Nobody in their right mind would ever. But let's just say, in theory, that you -knew- the guy had 49, and you had only .00001 percent health left, and the guy can't breaker, and it's the grand finals, you'd probably go for it.
Anyway, the first is viable, I do it consistenly even online. And if you like, you can take out the Standing 4, and you'll still have 47%.
And as for my notation, I'm aware of how notation is done around here, but I honestly think it's a little hard to visualize, so I did lay-men's terms notation, y'know? Some people may or may not find my notation helpful. Sorry, can't please everyone. Point is, it's there. Don't be a negative nancy all the time :p

Also, this was just a list of the variations because some may find the first easier, and some may find the third easier. Or in some cases the second. I think 1 is easier than 3, but you think 3 is easier than 1.
Well Altaire is right about the notation though, well at least I found it kinda weird. But anyways, these are execution heavy. Not really practical but some are doable. Still, it shouldn't discourage you from trying to contribute to CSZ.

Altaire isn't being really that negative. In fact, he has only looked at your stuff, provided critique, and even suggested alternatives. not a bad deal if you ask me.

galindo

Noob
:dance:
Well Altaire is right about the notation though, well at least I found it kinda weird. But anyways, these are execution heavy. Not really practical but some are doable. Still, it shouldn't discourage you from trying to contribute to CSZ.

Altaire isn't being really that negative. In fact, he has only looked at your stuff, provided critique, and even suggested alternatives. not a bad deal if you ask me.
what would you know you dont even play czs

I know, and I appreciate it. I'm not asking for sugar on top, but Altaire has always been a little harsh on the forums form what I've noticed. Critique and criticism are two different things, y'know?
And I'll fix the notation right now, I just assumed since, this combo is hard to visualize, it may need a slightly different notation.
As for the combos, if you've damn near mastered Cyber, these combos are pretty viable. I can do the first 3/4 times online. And just about 4/5 times offline. Obviously, that's not the best success rate, but pretty damn good when you only have maybe 1 opportunity to do this in a match.
I know these are execution heavy, but so is Rain's uppercut combos, and Cyrax's 75+ resets. But with enough practice, they can be done consistently.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It's my first post, so banish me to Mordor if I did something wrong. My name is not based on the site. Anyway, I haven't posted out of laziness, but seeing as how I haven't exactly found it around here, Cyber Sub has (3) 48% WALL combos, and (1) 49% wall combo. So here they are.

NOTE: These are hard to do. However, they can be done consistently with practice. Guaranteed.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP211+2, NJP, 4, 34, F112xxSlide, 48%
Variation 1: (JIP+2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP+2,1,1+2) (NJP) (Standing 4 at opponent's max height -strict-, proceeded by a -strict- very fast (3,4), then a -strict timing- fast as possible (Forward 1, 1, 2,xxSlide) 48% Basically, its a punch punch freeze, dash back and jump into his sword lift, a neutral jump punch, a standing 4, his overhead kick launcher, and then the F1,1,2,slide for maximum damage. This is the highest damage you can get with no meter.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP211+2, Jump Back Kick, 34, F112xxSlide, 48%
Variation 2: (JIP +2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP+2,1,1+2) -here's the tricky different part- (Jump kick backwards with perfect timing, so you can land on the ground before the midair opponent and do a 3,4, into a F1,1,2,slide) 48%
Same thing as the previous combo, however, if you find a jump back kick easier to do consistenly, then go for this one. I myself find the first one easier offline, but the next combo is easier online.

Proper Notation: JIP21xxFreeze, JIP34, 211+2, 34, 33xxSlide, 48% Enhanced Slide = 49%
Variation 3: (JIP +2,1,Freezeball) Dash back (JIP 3,4) (2,1,1+2) (3,4) (3,3,xxSlide) 48%. If you absolutely think the guy has 49% health, you can use an ExSlide on this combo, whereas the others you cannot due to a weird bug, and it'll give you a 49% combo. This is basically the biggest variation on the 48, going into 3,4's immediately compared to the sword lift, and is easier online, but still difficult.
I'm not going to post the 57 or 59, X-ray combo, I'm sure someone has before.
If anyone wants to see a video of these combos, I have them recorded, however, not edited for posting yet.
Its all good man. I like it when anyone shares information, especially when they are not sure if it has been found yet. That means according to you its un found and brand new, but you are still willing to share it instead of keeping it for yourself. So props to anyone who does that, regardless of the fact that they should have checked first before posting.

Il try the 48-49% in the corner now. Sounds cool. If it is consistent enough, il slap it straight in the guide :)

Altaire

Noob
I know, and I appreciate it. I'm not asking for sugar on top, but Altaire has always been a little harsh on the forums form what I've noticed. Critique and criticism are two different things, y'know?
And I'll fix the notation right now, I just assumed since, this combo is hard to visualize, it may need a slightly different notation.
As for the combos, if you've damn near mastered Cyber, these combos are pretty viable. I can do the first 3/4 times online. And just about 4/5 times offline. Obviously, that's not the best success rate, but pretty damn good when you only have maybe 1 opportunity to do this in a match.
I know these are execution heavy, but so is Rain's uppercut combos, and Cyrax's 75+ resets. But with enough practice, they can be done consistently.
Apparently, you're the only one who thinks I was in any way harsh. All I did was specify that the third combo is the only one worth using, objectively speaking. 3/4 and 4/5 aren't going to cut it in a tournament setting, period. In a tournament, you're likely to be dropping combos you can 11/10 times in any other setting if the nerves get the better of you.

If there's no reason to do the 49%, well... Why post it? It's a known thing that you can add EX moves to most meterless combos to squeeze out a 1 to 2% more damage, but there's literally never any reason to do so. Cyber Sub's meter game is so important, to the point where it can be all the difference between winning and losing in some matchups. Even theoretically, you'd have to have a death wish to spend one meter just to get an extra 1%. My guide has a setup off a midscreen U4 bomb cancel that boosts it to 49% for one meter, and even that almost seems wasteful to me.

Rain's uppercut combos and Cyrax's 75% resets are worthwhile because those characters have no other way to rack up that kind of damage. Cyber Sub has more practical ways to rack up 47 and 48%. That's the difference.

Why thank you Glue. Yeah, I know some of these are known. But I wasn't sure if -all three- were known. So might as well post. And even Altaire said something like "this was posted months ago." Well that might make it a little difficult to find if it's that far back o.o
I only posted this, not to take credit, but just to simply put the information out there in one nice little bundle.
Also, and I'll go edit this, you can get an easily consistent 47% if you take out the standing 4 in the first combo.

Altaire

Noob
Why thank you Glue. Yeah, I know some of these are known. But I wasn't sure if -all three- were known. So might as well post. And even Altaire said something like "this was posted months ago." Well that might make it a little difficult to find if it's that far back o.o
I only posted this, not to take credit, but just to simply put the information out there in one nice little bundle.
Also, and I'll go edit this, you can get an easily consistent 47% if you take out the standing 4 in the first combo.
Look, all I did was clarify that the combo is known. I don't see why you're getting so defensive about this.

Anyhow, it's a lot easier to get 47% off JIP 2 1 freeze, JIP 2 1 1+2, NJP, 4, 3 4, 3 3 slide. The natural delay in 1 1 2 slide makes the timing awkward.

. All I did was specify that the third combo is the only one worth using, objectively speaking. 3/4 and 4/5 aren't going to cut it

If there's no reason to do the 49%, well... Why post it?
The first one is viable. Believe me. Once you practice it for at least a week, then say "This cannot be done consistently." And if you don't want to go for 48, I've already said that you can drop the standing 4 to make it 47%, and it's easily doable 11/10 times.
As for the 49%, why post it? Why does Check and Tyler Lantern post ridiculous combos that are, in some cases, much harder and ridiculous than this one? Simple, to let people know what the character is capable of. I put the 49 as a -little side note- just so people know. And this is the only case in which Cyber can do an ExSlide, because, as I'm sure you've tried in practice, the ExSlide will whiff on the second portion on those other two combos or in other cases.
It's quite the disincentive to post when you're, in so many words, saying this post is practically useless.
And the response to Glue wasn't a defensive post, it was clarification. If you don't find this helpful, fine. I'm sure someone out there didn't know one of these.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I just ran over them, and they are not as hard on the execution as I thought they might be. I'd say 7/10 for difficulty.

The 49% is not worth it, as it's one bar for 1% and it throws the opponent out of the corner and gives them a roll, where 48% is no meter, keeps them in the corner and they can't tech roll or roll into wake up.

Just recorded them both, ive updated them in the guide.

I for one, didn't know these corner combos, but the 48% combo is going to be my new corner B&B as the execution only comes down to the 212+1 Height.
-secretly high fiving glue-
The standing 4 must be done so that it connects while the opponent is at max height.
If you believe the standing 4 was not done at proper height, but it still connected, you can:
a) Still go for it
or b) 33xxSlide for 47%, and your chances are a bit better for landing.
or c) it whiffs, and the combos ends at 41%.
If the standing 4 is done at proper height, you can:
a) Still go for it
b) The timing is incorrect, and you will whiff the last hit of the F112, however, the slide will not come out (thank God), and the combo drops at 44%.
Gracias Glue :D

Altaire

Noob
The first one is viable. Believe me. Once you practice it for at least a week, then say "This cannot be done consistently." And if you don't want to go for 48, I've already said that you can drop the standing 4 to make it 47%, and it's easily doable 11/10 times.
As for the 49%, why post it? Why does Check and Tyler Lantern post ridiculous combos that are, in some cases, much harder and ridiculous than this one? Simple, to let people know what the character is capable of. I put the 49 as a -little side note- just so people know. And this is the only case in which Cyber can do an ExSlide, because, as I'm sure you've tried in practice, the ExSlide will whiff on the second portion on those other two combos or in other cases.
It's quite the disincentive to post when you're, in so many words, saying this post is practically useless.
And the response to Glue wasn't a defensive post, it was clarification. If you don't find this helpful, fine. I'm sure someone out there didn't know one of these.
So... Basically, it's disincentive to post just because I'm not patting you on the back for this. It's pretty obvious that you posted this because you expected to wow people and be praised up and down for it. If that's all you're here for, you'd might as well get used to disappointment.

Since you brought up Check, most of his combos are purely for show, which is why he does all of them on Sheeva: They're almost impossible to land consistently on a character with a normal hitbox, he just does them to be flashy. I enjoy watching Check's ridiculous and impractical combos because, y'know, you can watch them. They may not be practical, but it's definitely entertaining to see just how far a character can be pushed.

As for TylerLantern, try asking any reputable player what they think of him.

Also, the 49 percent combo, is honestly, merely for looks. It has little to no use, other than a "GET HYPE" reaction from people. For looks.
And I didn't come on here for praise you cynic. And this has nothing to do with Check's or TylerLantern's character. I posted this for informational reasons. Notice in these posts did I ever say "A TEST-YOUR-MIGHT COMBO", or 'my tech.' No, I'm not expecting any glorification, but what I do expect, is a little respect for a guy just trying to help out. Not a lot, just a little. Altaire, I'll be honest. It's people like you and others that make things more dramatic than it has to be, that made me shy away from the forum all this time. EU players weren't kidding...

Altaire

Noob
Also, the 49 percent combo, is honestly, merely for looks. It has little to no use, other than a "GET HYPE" reaction from people. For looks.
And I didn't come on here for praise you cynic. And this has nothing to do with Check's or TylerLantern's character. I posted this for informational reasons. Notice in these posts did I ever say "A TEST-YOUR-MIGHT COMBO", or 'my tech.' No, I'm not expecting any glorification, but what I do expect, is a little respect for a guy just trying to help out. Not a lot, just a little. Altaire, I'll be honest. It's people like you and others that make things more dramatic than it has to be, that made me shy away from the forum all this time. EU players weren't kidding...
...I'M being dramatic? All I said is that the first two combos are impractical, and the 48% variation of the third is known. You're the one who insists on making a big deal out of this, purely because I didn't congratulate you for making this topic. I wasn't exactly pleased when I discovered someone had beaten me to the U4 slide cancel in combos, way back when, but I shrugged it off and went on with my life because it was the only sensible reaction.

Here's some food for thought: The "drama" will stop the minute you stop complaining about this. You might want to take this into consideration before you start pointing the finger at anyone else.

"purely because I didn't congratulate you" You really think that's why?
It's false assumptions and general marks about character that would annoy anyone.

If you don't think the first is practical, then the easier alternative was given, even though the first is practical with practice.

Here's some food for thought: You could've just said respectfully, "The third combo is known. The other two are difficult to do consistently. And fix your notation. It's difficult to read." You don't always have to be harsh in your criticism.

Altaire

Noob
And the defense rests

Seriously, give it up. All you did was post a slight reiteration of what I said in my initial response. I didn't insult you, I didn't put you down, I just didn't agree with you and found your notation to be awkward. Again, the ONLY reason this is an issue at all is because you insist on making it one, to no productive end. Cut the shit, it's getting tiresome.

Because I can't hear your voice, the way I interpreted what you initially said came off as needlessly harsh. Based on your other posts, you did come off (from my point of view), as attacking.
You're right Altaire. I'm sorry -if and only if- that wasn't your intention. It's just...jacka**es tend to make me salty.

Altaire

Noob
Because I can't hear your voice, the way I interpreted what you initially said came off as needlessly harsh. Based on your other posts, you did come off (from my point of view), as attacking.
You're right Altaire. I'm sorry -if and only if- that wasn't your intention. It's just...jacka**es tend to make me salty.
...Okay, let's be realistic: Why would that be my intention? What incentive would I have?

I'm not saying this is you, but people like to be jerks for no reason, or are bitter/angry about something and take it out on others. Why do trolls troll? Just to be dicks. Lots of people are assholes. There's a few on this site, I'm sure.

xTac

Noob
One thing i think is worth mentioning is that the third(last) one you posted is not only viable in the corner. It can be carried from a decent distance into the wall if you include a dash after the first 34.

Another 48% would be: JIP, 21xxIceBall, JIP, 211+2, Dash back, 211+2, 34, 33 xx Slide. This one has even more wall carry potential. Just Dash Forward instead of backwards when not in the corner. (sometimes, dashing wont even be necessary)

I honestly wish someone would find a 50%'er. I don't even care if it takes one bar. No reset gimmicks though.

And Tac, sorry I didn't mention you in the thread. I didn't take credit for it, but I wasn't aware you came up with the last combo.

xTac

Noob
TEST YOUR MIGHT said:
And Tac, sorry I didn't mention you in the thread. I didn't take credit for it, but I wasn't aware you came up with the last combo.
No problem. This happens a lot here. Im used to it.

I honestly wish someone would find a 50%'er. I don't even care if it takes one bar. No reset gimmicks though.
You mean this?

JIP, 21 xx Iceball, JIP, 211+2, EX Tele, 34, f221 xx Slide

edit: five bucks someone is gonna show up 2 months from now and make a thread "CSZ 50% 1 bar combo"

:)