What's new

CSZ/Cage glitch

Flagg

Noob
So I was playing this Cage player today and during the fight I throw a close bomb and he activates his XRay. I sit back, block and wait for him to be frozen but instead he "parries" the explosion and nut punches me into next week.

Not sure if this is known or just one of those rare weird collision box glitches. If he can do this all the time I wonder if it would work on Cyrax as well.

Cages XRAY parries everything from up close, even projectiles. Were you close to cage when you were blocking? Try it again in training mode. Throw a far bomb from a safe distance and see if he still parries while you're far.

Flagg

Noob
Cages XRAY parries everything from up close, even projectiles. Were you close to cage when you were blocking? Try it again in training mode. Throw a far bomb from a safe distance and see if he still parries while you're far.
Yeah I was right next to him when it happened. I know he can parry projectiles due to people "reaching out" with their arm, but I was sure i'd be safe from a bomb exploding!

And yeah, someone should record it. Pretty sure he shouldn't be able to parry CSZ ice bombs, cause id assume he can do the same to Cyrax.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Hes meant to be able to parry everything up close so its not really a glitch, it just looks lazy and dumb.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
So I was playing this Cage player today and during the fight I throw a close bomb and he activates his XRay. I sit back, block and wait for him to be frozen but instead he "parries" the explosion and nut punches me into next week.

Not sure if this is known or just one of those rare weird collision box glitches. If he can do this all the time I wonder if it would work on Cyrax as well.
A F0xy Grampa attempts to Parry my ice bombs all the time, sometimes it works, I throw an ice bomb long or full screen and if he thinks I will dive kick him into it or be within a certain range, cage will infact parry the bomb. Its no glitch, its just how cages parry works.

Flagg

Noob
I love how Cages parry works in this game. It's how Cammy and Fei Longs parry ultras should work in SF, but fail at.

Can he X Ray parry other X Rays?