What's new

Community's Agreement about B*******

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Is it possible to re achieve Filthy Casual status? I did a long time ago.
Back for Injustice though.

And I'll give Static the love for that Spongebob pic.

Neeee-songg!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I feel like I'm in a fucking Zelda dungeon right now...I'm so fucking lost on where this thread went...
I literally have no idea.
Out of curiosity, have you been to an event? I don't know.
But if you haven't, then you could just throw yourself into the 'Filthy Casuals' bin.
Yes, both in America and Mexico.
I was saying the phrase Filthy Casuals before Cossner made it cool.
Yeah but I trademarked it. #BeastCity

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Some of you guys lack reading comprehension. No one is saying asking questions is bad or being new to fighting games will ostracize you. The point Cossner is making is that needlessly complaining about something you don't understand just because you can't beat it is not a good look.

People newer to fighters and scrubs will complain about almost anything. They don't fully understand how things work and only judge things on the surface. When they see someone using the same projectile over and over, they yell "SPAM!!" and claim that either the game is bad or that the player is bad just because he's zoning. They don't know what they're talking about, so when they complain, no one should listen to them.

What is wrong with being an elitist in this regard? It seems like you guys are just flinging around that word in order to validate your argument. NRS only needs to listen to the elitists, the elitists are the ones who continue to play their game after 3 months. The elitists are the guys who dedicate their time and money to go to tournaments to support the game and the community. The casuals and scrubs just buy the game initially, and complain about anything and everything just because they refuse to actually work at getting better or beating good tactics. It's so much easier to just cry and whine about something that's good as oppose to putting in time to understand it and defeat it.

These new players should be afraid to complain like idiots. However, that doesn't mean they should be afraid to ask legitimate questions or ask for some help. There's a big difference between willing to learn and improve, than just wanting everything easy and handed to you on a silver platter.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Some of you guys lack reading comprehension. No one is saying asking questions is bad or being new to fighting games will ostracize you. The point Cossner is making is that needlessly complaining about something you don't understand just because you can't beat it is not a good look.

People newer to fighters and scrubs will complain about almost anything. They don't fully understand how things work and only judge things on the surface. When they see someone using the same projectile over and over, they yell "SPAM!!" and claim that either the game is bad or that the player is bad just because he's zoning. They don't know what they're talking about, so when they complain, no one should listen to them.

What is wrong with being an elitist in this regard? It's seems like you guys are just flinging around that word in order to validate your argument. NRS only needs to listen to the elitists, the elitists are the ones who continue to play their game after 3 months. The elitists are the guys who dedicate their time and money to go to tournaments to support the game and the community. The casuals and scrubs just buy the game initially, and complain about anything and everything just because they refuse to actually work at getting better or beating good tactics. It's so much easier to just cry and whine about something that's good as oppose to putting in time to understand it and defeat it.

These new players should be afraid to complain like idiots. However, that doesn't mean they should be afraid to ask legitimate questions or ask for some help. There's a big difference between willing to learn and improve, than just wanting everything easy and handed to you on a silver platter.
This is a good conclusion to everything, I like it a lot!

While taking a small break from the Injustice GAU IOS game on my phone.

I agree with the premise of this thread when it comes to character balance, but not so much with interactibles. Hector himself has emphasized in interviews NRS' ability to tweak them for a reason.

If a particular object is screwing up a stage no matter who the player picks, I think NRS should patch that up as soon as possible by being told which ones should be looked at in what situations and tweak them. Also a smart way to tweak particularly broken combo finisher damage scaling without even touching the characters directly.

If they don't act fast then stage banning will become a necessity and the soundness of the game's brand new mechanics will be put into question by the FGC.

Taking away a character's tools however should always be the last resort.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Speaking in an open forum (which we have) about perceived issues, or strategies on how to overcome certain obstacles is fine!

Speaking out on certain issues. Bringing up concerns and criticisms in a mature, logical, and thought out way is fine!

Flaming, trolling, screaming and whining like a 2 year old that XYZ is too strong and needs to be nerfed NOW (when the game is in its infant stage) is unacceptable and can do nothing good to a game but break it in its early life cycle.

Nice post OP!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Speaking in an open forum (which we have) about perceived issues, or strategies on how to overcome certain obstacles is fine!

Speaking out on certain issues. Bringing up concerns and criticisms in a mature, logical, and thought out way is fine!

Flaming, trolling, screaming and whining like a 2 year old that XYZ is too strong and needs to be nerfed NOW (when the game is in its infant stage) is unacceptable and can do nothing good to a game but break it in its early life cycle.

Nice post OP!
At least someone got the point ;_;

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am absolutely shocked that you can advertise to go to another site. Everyone should come to mortalkombatunited.com

God is that site turning around!

Goldi

Noob
Gamfaqs!!

No, lol. But yea, other game forums I visit will mildly say, "X is a tough match up." "X's cartwheel is annoying." "X is so lucky to have that move, it gives me a hard time." Ect. Where constructive input is invited and the laid back attitude about it usually reciprocated.

Not the dramatic flair you find some places, where the favorite terms are "trash" "fish" "broken" "brain dead" "OP" "glitch" and "ban". To the point threads can become arguing with a fatalistic outlook instead of just solving a problem.

But all communities have their own pros and cons.

Setsuna

Noob
lol i dont have the game yet but watched some videos on youtube or streams and i noticed that Deathstroke wins 11 out of 10 matches :p

PwnStar

Noob
Character faces are broke as fuck! I can't get around them. I try blocking and they're still there! Hawlp!