What's new

General/Other - Raiden Codex of Storms

skrone

cold blooded
Ok, so first I would like to say that there has been some downright impressive, clever and obscene tech to grace the Raiden forum since launch. The goal here is to create a central repository of living documents curated by Raiden mains. There are folders for all three variations, but I think we should start with a consolidation of any and all MoS tech up to this point, I know some of you might disagree, but this variation has TONS of potential and there is very little posted in the way of tech. This would give everyone a base to work from/improve. Displacer mains, there is a folder, and there will be a document for you too. For all the incredible TG tech, it will be easier to have a consolidated document to update damage, strings, "balance" changes etc...so we can all have the most accurate info. After scouring the net for Raiden tech, I can safely say that the best information I have found has been put out by the Raiden community here on TYM. You guys are monsters in the lab, and I'm sure you will all agree, this will be a great resource so we can more efficiently unlock Raiden's full potential. I am consolidating video links and posts (credit will be given) so documents will begin going in the dropbox folder over the next day. A spreadsheet of all the up to date in game frame data is being compiled by me, and will also be added so everyone can have an easy reference. (the frame data will be up by the end of the weekend) Below is a link to the dropbox folder. If you want editing privileges either PM me your email or post it below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zdvjvswv04688kr/AADXB3VOUI5sacOGdGjOiSgwa?dl=0
@buyacushun @IMakeItL00kC00L @ToxicBaraka1210 @ShaolinGunFu @TONY-T @Chaosphere @GGA Dizzy @nugava

DO NOT PROVOKE A GOD!!!!!!

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!

Really hoping something comes from this. Even if it is just one way to do things. If it works well and is consistent i'd be happy.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Great job skrone! Hope that takes off and really help all of us unlock Raiden's full potential.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I've come to a conclusion that without near perfect neutral you just lose out on too much for not picking TG Raiden. Still gonna use this character but he just feels lacking to me. Also feel that all corner combos need to end in b1,1,1+3 to be able to place a trap. Midscreen i think you can get away with a bit more. I'm not too great with labbing things but the way MoS frames are right now everything seems pretty straightforward.

skrone

cold blooded
I disagree with having to end with b1,1,1+3. In the corner you can cancel into orb from b14, put out an orb after a njp, 213, exdf2, any hard knockdown, etc... With meter you can put out a whole trap after any of these. The corner is where this variation really becomes suffocating, they have nowhere to run from traps. I don't think the neutral game loses out much (if any) at all (in most matchups) it just requires a different approach. When done correctly, you can setup a situation where the opponent is having to constantly block to avoid your traps. This sets up great throw opportunities as well. I fail to see where Raiden is lacking. Keep faith, we haven't even entered the golden age yet. Also, lets reserve this thread for posts concerning the upcoming "living Raiden codex" as I'm tentatively calling it. Keep all tech to its appropriate thread.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So i've been thinking about this for a while, what do MoS players do after their traps are set up
EDIT: Depends on if they respect the traps or not. I've been playing randoms online and usually they are unaware of how the traps work ill end some pokes in the second orb and when they try to counter poke they get hit. Otherwise if they are respecting the trap ill run up into a mixup. I haven't played a matchup where i can effectively zone yet. I think if this variation got a quicker fireball it would complement the traps very well. Setup a up & back orb then throw some projectiles and place the second orb if they ever get close to try and mixup them up and put distance between you again.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I disagree with having to end with b1,1,1+3. In the corner you can cancel into orb from b14, put out an orb after a njp, 213, exdf2, any hard knockdown, etc... With meter you can put out a whole trap after any of these. The corner is where this variation really becomes suffocating, they have nowhere to run from traps. I don't think the neutral game loses out much (if any) at all (in most matchups) it just requires a different approach. When done correctly, you can setup a situation where the opponent is having to constantly block to avoid your traps. This sets up great throw opportunities as well. I fail to see where Raiden is lacking. Keep faith, we haven't even entered the golden age yet. Also, lets reserve this thread for posts concerning the upcoming "living Raiden codex" as I'm tentatively calling it. Keep all tech to its appropriate thread.
B14 cancel is punishable, I never thought of sticking a orb after njp, I prefer using superman after 213 to get to the corner quicker and if it doesnt reach there is usually space to put out a orb. I was talking mostly about to get a 1st orb out in the corner. You get damage and the hard knockdown for doing the b1 string. And not that the he loses in neutral just that it seems more safe and damaging with TG strings. I love playing it when i get 1 orb out and can actually pressure it's just the first orb that gives me problems.

Where should we post MoS talk? I figured thats what this was for. In that other "wonders" thread?

skrone

cold blooded
I have someone who is going to look over the MoS document when I finish the formatting before it goes public. I am looking for knowledgeable Displacer and Thunder God mains to look over the documents for these respective variations. I want to make sure everything is as accurate and complete as possible before it goes in the public folder.

skrone

cold blooded
@buyacushun @IMakeItL00kC00L Post the MoS tech in the "wonders thread". This thread is for coordinating the consolidated Raiden resource. Looking at it now, I realize I probably should have come up with a better name for this thread. That being said, I do have some thoughts about this tech discussion, but I'll give my two cents once this makes it over to the "wonders" thread.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I have someone who is going to look over the MoS document when I finish the formatting before it goes public. I am looking for knowledgeable Displacer and Thunder God mains to look over the documents for these respective variations. I want to make sure everything is as accurate and complete as possible before it goes in the public folder.
OK so you're saying wait until the document goes up then post about that document. I get it ok. And i just want to reiterate im not giving up the character. Just stating where i feel he is right now with where I know.

skrone

cold blooded
I am looking for knowledgeable Raiden mains to give editing privileges to for these documents so that tech can be curated, updated, and kept accurate. please let me know if you would be willing to do this. The goal is for this to be a resource run and owned by the Raiden community. Displacer, Thunder God, and Master of Storms editors are needed!!!! Post or message me if you are interested in this so I can give you editing privileges in the dropbox folder.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I love the initiative to collect all of Raiden's info in one spot, however I think a better place for all of this information is on these forums.

Also, I'm going to have this thread moved to the MoS sub forum since that's the direction the admins want to go.

skrone

cold blooded
@Chaosphere The intention is not to take the info off the forums, but to keep this discussion on the forums and have a document that has all the data collected together so people can have print outs in a readable format. As the life of the game progresses and the threads get longer and longer, I thought this might be a nice way to keep a "Raiden's greatest hits" so to speak. So once its been discussed here, it can be archived there for reference. I really enjoy the community here and apologize if I have overstepped my bounds.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Chaosphere The intention is not to take the info off the forums, but to keep this discussion on the forums and have a document that has all the data collected together so people can have print outs in a readable format. As the life of the game progresses and the threads get longer and longer, I thought this might be a nice way to keep a "Raiden's greatest hits" so to speak. So once its been discussed here, it can be archived there for reference. I really enjoy the community here and apologize if I have overstepped my bounds.
You haven't overstepped anything! I actually super appreciate someone going through the process of gathering info. I was just saying I think it would be best if the info was direct in threads as opposed to on the dropbox account. I'm sure it would be easy to copy and paste. I just don't want to sign up for a drop box account lol and the less steps to get to info for everyone collectively, the better imo. I'm not criticizin at all =P

Otherwise, keep it up good sir. Want to talk to you about MoS BnB's.

skrone

cold blooded
@Chaosphere thats a good idea, I didn't think about the extra steps involved. When I get the formatting down, I will just put it in a google doc or something that can be downloaded without an account. So that some of you guys can proofread it before it gets posted on the forums. I would rather get it right the first time to minimize corrections. The same will go for the frame data spreadsheet. Small delay, I had to get stitches tonight, but rest assured I am still grinding away

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@skrone any update on this? I checked the dropbox page but nothing is posted on there. Was wondering if you at least have a list of BnBs yet? Trying to update combo threads.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@skrone any update on this? I checked the dropbox page but nothing is posted on there. Was wondering if you at least have a list of BnBs yet? Trying to update combo threads.
Yeah figured there be a post soon saying it was released or something. Looking forward to this project coming together.

skrone

cold blooded
@Chaosphere @buyacushun check the master of storms folder. I have the trap punishes up. Still being worked on are orb setups, spacing, and other fun MoS specific stuff. Some of it is still cooking in the lab, and the rest is just a matter of formatting. Sorry to keep everybody waiting, the rest is coming soon

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@Chaosphere @buyacushun check the master of storms folder. I have the trap punishes up. Still being worked on are orb setups, spacing, and other fun MoS specific stuff. Some of it is still cooking in the lab, and the rest is just a matter of formatting. Sorry to keep everybody waiting, the rest is coming soon
Ok cool to know. Ill message you if I find anything juicy.