What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Chints

Noob
I think this is where I should post this. I wanted to take a look at Cassies normal/strings and just talk about them.

As far as I'm concerned, she really doesn't have too many useless normals. Just a couple for which I couldn't see any use but largely speaking I think I'd just all of these in games for something or the other.

Both these strings are the go to punish strings if you're in close range. At 7 frame startups they're incredibly fast. 1,1 is safer than 1,1,1 but so far I've found 1,1,1 difficult to punish.

I find this to be useful mostly cause it can be hit confirmed into a special or into 1,2,4 which is a nice string to get some pushback on block.

B1,3
This is risky but can be rewarding. It's a low starter and launcher which can be converted into a combo by utilizing b3 to continue a combo. However, it's slightly longer range than the previous strings but more than twice as slow on startup at 18f and unsafe on block. It also can't be converted into anything else to make it more safe.

2, 1
Her 10 frame starter that has multiple routes depending on the situation and as such gives a little more versatility than the "1" starters.

Is a pretty good combo ender that puts some distance between you and your opponent.

2,1,d2
In the case of a blocking opponent 2,1 can be converted into 2,1,d2 for an overhead ender. Can trick out ducking opponents who are expecting the two gunshots at the end.

b2,4
11f starter with great range and probably my favorite string of hers. Hits mid to start, can be cancelled and is also safe on block.

b2,4,3.
Can be used to create pushback if b2,4 gets blocked. However, huuuge gap between the 4 and 3. HUGE. If it lands though, some pretty great corner carry.
I don't really see myself using this string too much.

f2
Pretty good range, 10 frame start. Cancel into f2, 1+3 for some pushback. It's safe on block.

f3, 4
Low starter with a 14f startup so it's a little safer than b1,3. But there's a tiny little gap in between the string that it is possible to poke out of.

b3
Her shadow kick in normal form. Really useful to quickly cover some distance. At 10 frames it's hella fast for what it is, but super unsafe as it can be ducked under. I primarily use it to follow up after b1,3 midscreen.

f4,1
Fast starter at 9 frames, decent range. 2nd hit is an overhead to apply some guessing games to the mix.

I haven't figured out what I'd use f4,2 or 3,4 for. I tried to anti air with 3,4 but it didn't really work.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I think this is where I should post this. I wanted to take a look at Cassies normal/strings and just talk about them.

As far as I'm concerned, she really doesn't have too many useless normals. Just a couple for which I couldn't see any use but largely speaking I think I'd just all of these in games for something or the other.

Both these strings are the go to punish strings if you're in close range. At 7 frame startups they're incredibly fast. 1,1 is safer than 1,1,1 but so far I've found 1,1,1 difficult to punish.

I find this to be useful mostly cause it can be hit confirmed into a special or into 1,2,4 which is a nice string to get some pushback on block.

B1,3
This is risky but can be rewarding. It's a low starter and launcher which can be converted into a combo by utilizing b3 to continue a combo. However, it's slightly longer range than the previous strings but more than twice as slow on startup at 18f and unsafe on block. It also can't be converted into anything else to make it more safe.

2, 1
Her 10 frame starter that has multiple routes depending on the situation and as such gives a little more versatility than the "1" starters.

Is a pretty good combo ender that puts some distance between you and your opponent.

2,1,d2
In the case of a blocking opponent 2,1 can be converted into 2,1,d2 for an overhead ender. Can trick out ducking opponents who are expecting the two gunshots at the end.

b2,4
11f starter with great range and probably my favorite string of hers. Hits mid to start, can be cancelled and is also safe on block.

b2,4,3.
Can be used to create pushback if b2,4 gets blocked. However, huuuge gap between the 4 and 3. HUGE. If it lands though, some pretty great corner carry.

f2
Pretty good range, 10 frame start. Cancel into f2, 1+3 for some pushback. It's safe on block.

f3, 4
Low starter with a 14f startup so it's a little safer than b1,3. But there's a tiny little gap in between the string that it is possible to poke out of.

b3
Her shadow kick in normal form. Really useful to quickly cover some distance. At 10 frames it's hella fast for what it is, but super unsafe as it can be ducked under. I primarily use it to follow up after b1,3 midscreen.

f4,1
Fast starter at 9 frames, decent range. 2nd hit is an overhead to apply some guessing games to the mix.

I haven't figured out what I'd use f4,2 or 3,4 for. I tried to anti air with 3,4 but it didn't really work.
34 is good in corner combos for more damage and f412 is decent at pushing opponents back since the second hit is overhead, they’ll have to quickly duck to punish which opens them for staggers if they are going for it.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
Ive found that ending low gun starter combos, with j3 - bf1 is good for closing out rounds. It puts you full screen so you zone.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
Apologies for the multi-reply. But I also found some corner pressure tech. Normally f4 is 0 on block. But you can meaty it up to plus 3. Only allowing the opponent 6 frames to punish. Tho the timing for +3 is super tight I’d say with my practice I’ve only been able to get +2 consistently and sprinkle some +3 in there. So you will beat out or trade most jabs. This inherently allows for mix ups. Repeatedly done, this can be used greatly for mind games. You can continue with an over head or switch to a down 4 just to trip them up for more advantage. Her corner game is actually quite qood. Her damage isn’t too bad, 1 bar 30% is well and I’m sure there is better.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

B1,3

2, 1

2,1,d2

b2,4

b2,4,3.

f2

f3, 4

b3

f4,1

34 is great in the corner it‘s 0 on Block and has enough pushback to get you out of poking range so b2 and f4 after it are really to avoid for the opponent. It‘s also 8 frames startup so perfect for big damage punishes in the corner

I want to thank everyone who is participating to this thread. I'm learning so much about this character. I would love to add constructive infos to the thread but I don't think I have the competences to do so as I just started looking deep into any MK (and of course I went directly for Cassie, loved her in MKX). I was a bit disheartened after watching some competitive matches on YouTube as she hardly won any of them but after going through all this thread I realized there is a lot of potential.
The amount of effort everyone and Vslayer in particular is putting in here is overwhelming. Thanks!
In my dumbness of online kasual player I have some problems to pull anti-airs. Is there anything you can suggest me beside the instant air gun?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I want to thank everyone who is participating to this thread. I'm learning so much about this character. I would love to add constructive infos to the thread but I don't think I have the competences to do so as I just started looking deep into any MK (and of course I went directly for Cassie, loved her in MKX). I was a bit disheartened after watching some competitive matches on YouTube as she hardly won any of them but after going through all this thread I realized there is a lot of potential.
The amount of effort everyone and Vslayer in particular is putting in here is overwhelming. Thanks!
In my dumbness of online kasual player I have some problems to pull anti-airs. Is there anything you can suggest me beside the instant air gun?
Her S1 anti airs pretty well and you can get some nice damage out of it

Chints

Noob
34 is good in corner combos for more damage and f412 is decent at pushing opponents back since the second hit is overhead, they’ll have to quickly duck to punish which opens them for staggers if they are going for it.
34 is great in the corner it‘s 0 on Block and has enough pushback to get you out of poking range so b2 and f4 after it are really to avoid for the opponent. It‘s also 8 frames startup so perfect for big damage punishes in the corner
Thanks for the info! Will try out more corner shenanigans with 3,4

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Really need some time to take Cassie into the lab,

B1,3

2, 1

2,1,d2

b2,4

b2,4,3.

f2

f3, 4

b3

f4,1

Great stuff. I'm planning on doing this same list with Johnny later on today.

sars

Noob

B1,3

2, 1

2,1,d2

b2,4

b2,4,3.

f2

f3, 4

b3

f4,1

Yeah, and you can do ex guns on block on most strings and get back to your B3 range. She has a lot of good tools

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I labbed and updated the mid screen combos, you can get some decent damage with 1 bar if you use 2112 to end the combo, up to 30% which is good for Cassie for only 1 bar. Gonna work on corner combos now!

I labbed and updated the mid screen combos, you can get some decent damage with 1 bar if you use 2112 to end the combo, up to 30% which is good for Cassie for only 1 bar. Gonna work on corner combos now!
damn near impossible to hit consistently though.
Take this midscreen low starter for example: B13, B24xxDB1, ender...
Ender A (2112) 296.85 DMG
Ender B (uppercut) 295.96 DMG
Not even 1% difference with 3 extra (VERY cool looking I might add...) hits

I jut roll with the uppercut in MOST cases (minus situations where I can J2 into B24) unless Im showing off

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
damn near impossible to hit consistently though.
Take this midscreen low starter for example: B13, B24xxDB1, ender...
Ender A (2112) 296.85 DMG
Ender B (uppercut) 295.96 DMG
Not even 1% difference with 3 extra (VERY cool looking I might add...) hits

I jut roll with the uppercut in MOST cases (minus situations where I can J2 into B24) unless Im showing off
Depends, if you use b2,4 or f4,2 2112 is easy, if you use 111 starter then it's near impossible, so I just go for the b24 nut kick.

So, how do you guys use her super?
Is there a way to confirm into it from stray hits/juggles in the gun variation? I found nothing.

you mean F4,1(starter)? Thats a horse of a different color as the DB1(mb) leaves them landing in front enough to J2 into B24xxnuts OR 2112.
B13, B24xxDB1(mb) drops them right on top of your head...almost impossible to J1/2 after DB1(mb) in that scenario....of course Im at work practicing on Switch and have found several combos that work on Switch for Cass but a no-go on PS4 so Ill have to lab more once i get home

sars

Noob
you mean F4,1(starter)? Thats a horse of a different color as the DB1(mb) leaves them landing in front enough to J2 into B24xxnuts OR 2112.
B13, B24xxDB1(mb) drops them right on top of your head...almost impossible to J1/2 after DB1(mb) in that scenario....of course Im at work practicing on Switch and have found several combos that work on Switch for Cass but a no-go on PS4 so Ill have to lab more once i get home
I use B13,4,db1 i think it does more damage if i remember correctly

Nm I had a chance to practice and I meant afterwards. Hopping is your best friend after that move. Only tested a F4 on block into D4 but it definitely punishes that. Assuming its fast enough, it should get you out of grabs and possibly come out before overheads? At the very least, I think it's best to see what the opponent does after their first F4 on block and adjust your gameplan from there