What's new

Question Bring Back Variation Switch In Game? (Imagine)

Variation Switch In Game?

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't like the idea of a switch in MKX, characters like Quan would dunk on everyone, characters like Lao, Sub, and Predator would get hurt.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I don't like the idea of a switch in MKX, characters like Quan would dunk on everyone, characters like Lao, Sub, and Predator would get hurt.
It is a very interesting idea. But the same reasons they could dunk on everyone may be dampened when you can switch variation and try to cover yourself. I'm not sure if I'd have abilities stack or not when switching. Think Sub keeping Aura while doing Klone or Kold Blooded string.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Just had a thread about this a couple days back. General consensus was--no, it's a clunky, unneeded mechanic.

Separate game mode for it? Would much rather have tag. Honestly it could just be a perk in Kustom Kombat or something.

I doubt it would be popular and I doubt the devs would even bother to make it happen.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Just had a thread about this a couple days back. General consensus was--no, it's a clunky, unneeded mechanic.

Separate game mode for it? Would much rather have tag. Honestly it could just be a perk in Kustom Kombat or something.

I doubt it would be popular and I doubt the devs would even bother to make it happen.
Kinda disappointing most don't like the idea. I understand why but being able to switch may give options against some problems too.

I do miss tag mode.

It wouldn't matter to me where or how it's implemented, I just would like to have it as an option. The game is getting stale and this would be an interesting refresh. I also drew inspiration from the 3D era which this games story is based around.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Who do you use? I'm sure there is some way for you to counter with one of your variations.
Oh it's no problem mate :p I'm just imagining what this game would be like with the ability to change variations mid-match. Honestly I think it's a really cool idea, like stances from earlier MK games. It's just as others said, some characters would be hurt and others would be obnoxiously empowered.

EDIT: But that opinion only applies to the current meta!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I used 2 bars in the combo. It was just a little sample idea of the possibilities.

Who do you use? I'm sure there is some way for you to counter with one of your variations.
You did b12 ex clone(1bar) run b12 ex ice whatever(1bar) then string then ex hammer 3 bars.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
nah, too convoluted, why not just act like your going to build the game with 3 variations, but in the end decide not to and just put all 3 together in one charachter :D