What's new

General/Other - Demolition Bombs not seen as projectiles?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
My theory is that NRS was so insanely paranoid about having another Cyrax situation that they made everything about her grenades absolute garbage. Limit 3 + requires insanely long reload recovery + no otg + hit mid + questionable block advantage + limit one on screen at once + breakable = no chance that they'll be broken after they stop patching. It also means that there's no chance this variation will ever be worth using over covert ops.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
My theory is that NRS was so insanely paranoid about having another Cyrax situation that they made everything about her grenades absolute garbage. Limit 3 + requires insanely long reload recovery + no otg + hit mid + questionable block advantage + limit one on screen at once + breakable = no chance that they'll be broken after they stop patching. It also means that there's no chance this variation will ever be worth using over covert ops.
I already think it's better than covert OPs. Better damage, better wake up, better corner pressure...

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
I already think it's better than covert OPs. Better damage, better wake up, better corner pressure...
I agree 100%. I have been using this variation exclusively and I am enjoying it much more than covert ops.

Reactions: jmt

Anbu

AnbuSasukePro/KHAOTIC_ANBUx
He's right to an extent. The opponent can break after the last bomb preventing her setting up a reload and she'll have to work hard for it. That's not to say B142 is useless. It's still a 50/50 option
I suppose in that specific situation it's true but you still have options even then. You can b14 ex grenade call then setup for another 50/50 that sends them full screen and does decent damage while allowing you to reload. You can also do b14 ex energy ring which sends the opponent far enough to get a safe reload against everyone except Subzero.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I suppose in that specific situation it's true but you still have options even then. You can b14 ex grenade call then setup for another 50/50 that sends them full screen and does decent damage while allowing you to reload. You can also do b14 ex energy ring which sends the opponent far enough to get a safe reload against everyone except Subzero.
B14 xx EX Grenade Call is a read and is not a guaranteed set-up. EX Ring is at least safe on block.

Either way, grenade-less you're going to want to fish for B33U4. Combo into safe reload in the corner and safe-ish reload midscreen. It's also only -7 on block with pushback so I think only Reptile and Kung Lao can punish it with meter

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
If I'm not mistaken, the same happens to Cassie's ExGunshots for some reason.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i use Demo over covert any day, to many gaps in Covert, i do like the parry but the Zoning advantage, Setups, Special move stuffs by SG, and the pressure of throwing a SG on ground then RC into 50/50 pressure and at any time you can detonate with square, imo it put Demolition Miles above Covert Ops

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Thats because your too stupid to understand what they are capable of. Instead you rush to a conclusion about something you dont even understand.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
i use Demo over covert any day, to many gaps in Covert, i do like the parry but the Zoning advantage, Setups, Special move stuffs by SG, and the pressure of throwing a SG on ground then RC into 50/50 pressure and at any time you can detonate with square, imo it put Demolition Miles above Covert Ops
That's a whole lot of theory fighting.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Them not being projectile also means ice klone doesn't eat them... So there's that lol
yep, im a sub player as well, and when i do it to Zeros, omg, they screem on the mic. right after sub does his B12 into Clone throw a Stun Grenade detonate into full combo on RC. its priceless, to watch a Grandmaster try to slide at you weth that SG guarding you on the ground between them... she can make a Grandmaster feel like they are a student