What's new

Black Manta?

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Black Manta has been Aquaman's enemy for a long time sense the original JLA so why is he not in the game? I would hope that he is. What are your thought on Black Manta being in Injustice?

SLy

Noob
He is aquamans greatest enemy but keep in mind this game isn't focused on aquaman. I don't see anyway he can contribute to team batman or superman..

The game isn't really focused on Hero's vs Villains. You actually have Hero's vs Hero's in Injuctice. If they can find a way to link him to the story then he would be a cool playable character.

I hope that he won't be playable. To me he would feel like a character who would steal the place from other more unique characters, who would offer us (me) a better playing experience.

I see a lot of people talking about Black Manta here on TYM, while many don't want to have Grodd in the game, which is actually really stupid.
I already made my point clear why Grodd would be a much better superior character:

Gorilla Grodd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raven & Black Manta
Now take notes that I don't even care about Grodd, but I admit that he would be an amazing character for Injustice. Why?

1. He could be the only character who functions as a power and as a gadget character, since he is strong enough to throw huge ass objects around and he is agile enough to bounce off objects to escape corner situations and stuff like that.
2. He has powerful psionic powers, which would give him the ability to shoot telekinetic blasts, pick up objects from a distance and toss them around, mind controll enemies to bring them to a specific distance, or make them hurt themselves and other similar stuff.
3. He is an ape and therefore design-wise a completely unique character in Injustice, which for now only features real humanoids.

Story-wise he could play a huge important part as well, because of his psionic powers. I could imagine Batman trying to manipulate Grodd so that he would mind control other, more powerful heroes on Supermans side and stuff like that.
I would prefer all that, than forcing in a rather boring character, who would shoot some eye-beams and fight with daggers :-7

Tolkeen

/wrists
Black Manta has been Aquaman's enemy for a long time sense the original JLA so why is he not in the game? I would hope that he is. What are your thought on Black Manta being in Injustice?
I SENSE that he won't be in the game SINCE not every hero gets their own villain.

PS, those are in capitals for your benefit....

Reedoms

Noob
He's to much of a dick. Besides, Ocean Master would make more sense in the story. Aquaman isn't going along with Supes so Orm takes over Atlantis and sides with Superman.

Dick Manta.jpg

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
The game isn't really focused on Hero's vs Villains. You actually have Hero's vs Hero's in Injuctice. If they can find a way to link him to the story then he would be a cool playable character.
If you watched the trailers Aquaman is on team Batman, because he's against the Superman regime, and sense Black Manta has always desired to rule Atlantis this would be his perfect opportunity. So I see a perfect way for him to be involved in the story.

If you watched the trailers Aquaman is on team Batman, because he's against the Superman regime, and sense Black Manta has always desired to rule Atlantis this would be his perfect opportunity. So I see a perfect way for him to be involved in the story.
Tell that to NRS

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Black manta was apart of the injustice gang, he would look so cool in the game. He could play a similar role as deathstroke's and be a beast gadget villain.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think he would be a cool and gadgety edition, plus he's featured pretty heavily in the Young Justice Cartoon so they'd have some fans from that who would be happy.

He is quite the badass.

I think he would be a cool and gadgety edition, plus he's featured pretty heavily in the Young Justice Cartoon so they'd have some fans from that who would be happy.
He is quite the badass.
Isn't Young Justice getting cancelled?
Tells you how much people care about that show, huh :-|

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Apparently the fan support for it is huge which doesn't explain it. Apparently it has something to with licensing and rights to characters and stuff?

Reedoms

Noob
It's consistently top in the ratings but since it doesn't sell toys CN is going to axe it just like they did with Symbiotic Titan. Same with GL which saddens me because of all the buildup they are doing.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Sad thing is GL:TAS didn't get much chance to even put merchandising on the shelves because of how poorly the live action film's merchandise sold. Lots of retailers just weren't interested in more GL stock.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
dude black manta is a boss! Id love him in the game, and yea he could actually be a good kano without the cannonball lol