What's new

Strategy Best Alt. for Kung Lao?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i think sonya can have an easier time vs kenshi because his zoning is slower than freddy's and more calculated and when sonya gets in its armor vs armor. so its about 6-4 for kenshi. Freddy's zoning is much faster and has fullscreen frame traps. Further more once sonya gets in. Freddy just needs to ex teleport away and keep zoning. Kenshi has his ex SC but i don't know if it wins over EX Cartwheel or not.

Axel_Redd

Kenshi is the best possible alt for a Kung Lao main, trust me I have been thinking about alt Kenshi for a long time now. Oh Cage gives you problems with Kung Lao? Kenshi fucks Cage up. Oh Sonya gives you problems when your using Kung Lao? Kenshi fucks Sonya up. I heard Kitana gives Kung Lao a hard time too... oh yeah Kenshi fucks her up really bad too
aparantly tho kenshi loses to cyrax where as Freddy beats him 6-4

Axel_Redd

Kenshi vs Cyrax is 5-5. And Kenshi beats Kitana/Cage way worse than Freddy does.
oh....well still, it'd be better to have advantage vs all of kungs unfavorable (not bad) mathups rather than win against all save for 1 5-5. But thats just me. Honestly Kabal, Kenshi or Freddy would be a great complimentary character to Lao tho.

also, i still say lao vs sonya is 5-5....if not its pretty damn close.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
I think it's definitely Kenshi. I'm getting close to seriously picking him up. I think it will probably only take one more tournament of only losing to Cage players.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
oh....well still, it'd be better to have advantage vs all of kungs unfavorable (not bad) mathups rather than win against all save for 1 5-5. But thats just me. Honestly Kabal, Kenshi or Freddy would be a great complimentary character to Lao tho.

also, i still say lao vs sonya is 5-5....if not its pretty damn close.
Sonya vs Kung Lao can be argued 5-5 or 6-4 in Sonya's favor, but it can't really be argued 6-4 in Kung Lao's favor. So obviously Sonya has some type of slight advantage, you what I'm sayin? In my opinion it is 5-5

Axel_Redd

Sonya vs Kung Lao can be argued 5-5 or 6-4 in Sonya's favor, but it can't really be argued 6-4 in Kung Lao's favor. So obviously Sonya has some type of slight advantage, you what I'm sayin? In my opinion it is 5-5
yeah, i feel its 5-5 too. but yeah freddy obviously goes 6-4 or better vs all of lao's bad Mu's including Cyrax, exluding Kabal who 6-4's everyone but himself and possibly Kratos. lol

ForeverKing

yeah, i feel its 5-5 too. but yeah freddy obviously goes 6-4 or better vs all of lao's bad Mu's including Cyrax, exluding Kabal who 6-4's everyone but himself and possibly Kratos. lol
When are they going to patch/ban that character? Why do people even see it as fair to have a character in a game that wins every single matchup against every other character? lol that's like playing a game of rock paper scissors but adding one more option to the game that beats all 3 original options. It doesn't make sense

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Kenshi is a great alt, i've looked into him. He doesn't solve the rax problem though, and he's been downloaded by majority of the top players. I'd have a long road ahead of me.

I'm not too worried about an alt at the moment, but I going to be at Evo this year and by that time i'm sure 4-6's will feel worse than they do now.
ermac can solve that problem, it's still a 6-4, but if you play him right you can force him to rely on command grab mixups, it's all he has in this matchup tbh

Illmatix

When are they going to patch/ban that character? Why do people even see it as fair to have a character in a game that wins every single matchup against every other character? lol that's like playing a game of rock paper scissors but adding one more option to the game that beats all 3 original options. It doesn't make sense
ive been saying this, kabal needs a nerf or give a character buff that will counter him..... or...... kratos.
btw c-sub has a parry how does he do against kabal?

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
ermac can solve that problem, it's still a 6-4, but if you play him right you can force him to rely on command grab mixups, it's all he has in this matchup tbh
Yeah I feel you, I only brought up the Rax thing to show that i'd still have 1 shitty MU with that char combo. I'd just go Jax or somethin' if I came across rax.

Looks like the general consensus is that Kenshi is the best partner for Lao though, i'll start puttin' some work into him tomorrow. Then i'll compare my Freddy and Kenshi results to see which one's workin' out better.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I think it's definitely Kenshi. I'm getting close to seriously picking him up. I think it will probably only take one more tournament of only losing to Cage players.
Kenshi beats Cage but is beat by Kung Lao
Kung Lao beats Kenshi but is beat by Cage
Cage beats Kung Lao but is beat by Kenshi

Paper Scissor Rock

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Kenshi covers Kl bad Mus.... which r jc, sonnya and kitana thoses r at least 7-3. cyrax also bad MU but only 6-4 so its w.e lol

but you can always use Kabal 8-2 vs the cast.

Axel_Redd

kabal could use a slight nerf....but honestly, i don't trust NRS with their buffs/nerfs....they'd probably wreck him or something and make him unusable -.-

ForeverKing

Kenshi beats Cage but is beat by Kung Lao
Kung Lao beats Kenshi but is beat by Cage
Cage beats Kung Lao but is beat by Kenshi

Paper Scissor Rock
Yeah, and Kabal beats all 3 of them and loses to none of them. See how he breaks the game? lol

ForeverKing

ive been saying this, kabal needs a nerf or give a character buff that will counter him..... or...... kratos.
btw c-sub has a parry how does he do against kabal?
Cyber Sub vs Kabal is like 8-2 lol

It is very hard for him to get past Kabal zoning, and very hard for him to get his offense started on Kabal. Sure he can parry dash cancels but it only takes out like 8% or something, if Kabal reads the parry and punishes it he gets like 30% into a reset into more pressure

Illmatix

Cyber Sub vs Kabal is like 8-2 lol

It is very hard for him to get past Kabal zoning, and very hard for him to get his offense started on Kabal. Sure he can parry dash cancels but it only takes out like 8% or something, if Kabal reads the parry and punishes it he gets like 30% into a reset into more pressure
ouch, sucks to be him lol

Axel_Redd

its true tho, he doesnt, Cage is not in his favor but its not THAT bad, same for kitana, for sonya i think its somewhat even. he doesnt lose to cyrax that badly either. the reason is that kung lao is not possible to completely lock down because he has so many mobility options and he's got his 6 frame spin as well which is the perfect anti-air to boot. kung lao can pretty much be wherever he wants to be so long as he calculates his movements correctly, regardless of moves like anti-air from cyrax.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Kitana and sonnya downplayers can say its 5-5 as much as they want....it doesnt change the fact that is not.... and on my personal opinion jc, sonnya and kitana ate 7-3 vs Lao.

kenshi does better against kung lao's harder matchups than kabal does. cage and kitana lose very bad against kenshi. sonya against kenshi/kabal is arguable. kenshi does good against cyrax. ive heard people say kenshi destroys sektor. so pretty much kenshi is a better alt. kabal is like raiden, he shouldnt be an alt character, these 2 characters are supposed to be mained. Im going with kenshi into the lab.