What's new

Beginner Ermac players questions and answers thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ok the purpose of this thread is to answer any questions for any Ermac players who have recently started using Ermac. Post your questions here and we ll be glad to answer them :)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Ok the purpose of this thread is to answer any questions for any Ermac players who have recently started using Ermac. Post your questions here and we ll be glad to answer them :)
I have a question about presure and mix ups. What i do 31 31 312 jp f4 throw or if the 312 conects then f4 throw or f114 combo. What would you recoment for close pressure cause is difficult to land damaging combos ? Thanks in advance ........

Roko1985

About the f4 reset(using f4 insted of finishing the combo)......what do you think....what is the best to do after it? Is it practicle?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I have a question about presure and mix ups. What i do 31 31 312 jp f4 throw or if the 312 conects then f4 throw or f114 combo. What would you recoment for close pressure cause is difficult to land damaging combos ? Thanks in advance ........

You shouldnt abuse the 31 string cause 1 can be interrupted by a down poke or even get uppercuted. Its not bad though. Just dont overuse it. Another good presure string is 121. I wouldnt recommend F114 cause the first two hits are high and can be interrupted. Better use B114. Safe on block, good chip dmg plus it pushes back on block which allows you to control your spacing with down pokes. If you land 312 you can dash in for a throw, 121, F4 or another 31 to mix it up. B2 charge is very good too but the opponent can down poke it on reaction. Ofc you can cancel it to add even more pressure with 31, 121 etc.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
About the f4 reset(using f4 insted of finishing the combo)......what do you think....what is the best to do after it? Is it practicle?

Personally i use the F4 reset against Reptile, Raiden, Noob and Freddy cause they can outzone me once they go fullscreen ( the reason i do it to Raiden is cause you cant zone him cause of his teleport ). So as you see it depends on the MU and how each player uses Ermac. After the F4 reset its best using a throw in my opinion. But you have other options too ( 31, 121, another F4 bu its risky cause if the opponent is waiting for it you ll get punished, B2 cancels).

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What are the best ways to link into telelift.

31, 12 are the easiest ones to hit confirm and you dont need to do a jp. B114 can be hit confirmed very easily after a jp, as well as F114, but TKS after F114 is not worth it. So try to use most the other three.

Roko1985

Personally i use the F4 reset against Reptile, Raiden, Noob and Freddy cause they can outzone me once they go fullscreen ( the reason i do it to Raiden is cause you cant zone him cause of his teleport ). So as you see it depends on the MU and how each player uses Ermac. After the F4 reset its best using a throw in my opinion. But you have other options too ( 31, 121, another F4 bu its risky cause if the opponent is waiting for it you ll get punished, B2 cancels).
What about the b2 reset in the corner after ex lift .........whould you recomend it? And some more use for the b2(setups?) And thanks that you are helping.....very kind of you...:top:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What about the b2 reset in the corner after ex lift .........whould you recomend it? And some more use for the b2(setups?) And thanks that you are helping.....very kind of you...:top:

Yeah its useful but dont overuse it though cause the opponent can WU it now with the new WU system. You can always cancel it ofc to bait WU attacks and then punish them. Other uses for B2 are after Ermac's vortex (12 teleport) dash B2 (or cancel) and from there other mixups too. Also if 312 connects you can do B2 charge but the timing is very strict.

Roko1985

Yeah its useful but dont overuse it though cause the opponent can WU it now with the new WU system. You can always cancel it ofc to bait WU attacks and then punish them. Other uses for B2 are after Ermac's vortex (12 teleport) dash B2 (or cancel) and from there other mixups too. Also if 312 connects you can do B2 charge but the timing is very strict.
It was ex push, but you got it......What are the best ways to start the mach cause if you just block they can jump in throw you...........is air blast an option? Is there any frame traps or frame trap strinks with Ermac?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It was ex push, but you got it......What are the best ways to start the mach cause if you just block they can jump in throw you...........is air blast an option? Is there any frame traps or frame trap strinks with Ermac?

Yeah but with the latest patch WU attacks are working more properly now which means that you will get punished for doing it. The B2 setup in the corner is more of a mind game now. If they jump at you at the beginning of the match you should be happy. You uppercut them and then do TKS for a 40% combo. Ofc you can do an air blast too if you jump backwards to create some space. 31,F2 are frame traps if the opponent is standing when blocking them. But now almost everyone crouch block them so they can punish 31 with down pokes or uppercuts. F2 is special high though but its slow. But its safe on block. You shouldnt use that move though when you are close to the opponent. Its best use is when the opponent is trying to get in so you should it there to create spacing for down pokes.

EDIT: I think F114 is a frame trap string too if the opponent is standing while blocking it. Have to test it though not sure yet.

when im getting rushed by frame traps, what is the best i can do? (im having troubles with shang tsung's frame traps)

thnx in advance

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
when im getting rushed by frame traps, what is the best i can do? (im having troubles with shang tsung's frame traps)

thnx in advance

Hmm dont have much experience against a good Shang Tsung but against JC for example if he does F32 all the time after probably he ll go for a D1 or continue pressure you with F32's. Be patient and wait for an opportunity to down poke him back after his strings are over.

Eg: Lets say he is rushing you down with F32. You block it. Then you wait. If he does D1 you D1 him back after you block his. Dont try to jump out after you have blocked F32 cause if he D1's you then he can combo you into nut punch. Generally you need to be patient and be careful against JC players if they get past your zoning.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Yea bro you have to be patient against shang. Best best is to ease your way into tkp range and simply try to get hin into the corner while dash blocking and avoiding his skulls. Shang doesnt fare well at all in the corner, and his only real wakeup option is soul steal (ex I believe). There is a sweet spot where u can sit inbetween the ground skulls. Once you find it abuse the shit outta tkp. His ex triple fireball is punishable if you teleport in time. And as far as dealing with frame traps learn the strings and try to d3 or d1

thnx! we'll be patient next time :) but damn that chip damage gets big, i was always trying to poke or jump out but just on the wrong moments...

Exactly what blockstrings is he doing? I main Shang. I could probably help you.
thnx, he does strings that end with push back (2,2,1 or f4,3,4) and than connects them with skulls. his pokes seem to have priority (skull stagger) and jumping out is not working for me bc his d1 pokes me out the air.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
thnx, he does strings that end with push back (2,2,1 or f4,3,4) and than connects them with skulls. his pokes seem to have priority (skull stagger) and jumping out is not working for me bc his d1 pokes me out the air.
Basically you want to crouch block against shang. He's only got 2 overheads (b2 and the 1 in B1,2,1,4).
As for 2, 2, 1, you can D1 or D3 him after the first 2 IF you're crouch blocking.
For F4,3,4 it doesn't matter if you're crouch blocking or stand blocking, you can interrupt as well after the F4 or 3 if I'm not mistaken. D1 or D3 should do just fine.

Basically you want to crouch block against shang. He's only got 2 overheads (b2 and the 1 in B1,2,1,4).
As for 2, 2, 1, you can D1 or D3 him after the first 2 IF you're crouch blocking.
For F4,3,4 it doesn't matter if you're crouch blocking or stand blocking, you can interrupt as well after the F4 or 3 if I'm not mistaken. D1 or D3 should do just fine.
thnx, nice 2know that his combo's can be interupted by poking. im gonna try this out.

Owerbart

I miss you
Hello. Just a question: After the new update, it is possible to combine a tele lift, then jump punch, telepunch and then the 2,2? I'm having a hard time doing it. Cheers.

Owerbart

I miss you
Thanks bro. But just for curiosity, isn't telelift - 2,2 - telepush getting 25% and telelift - jump punch - telepunch - 2,2 - telepush getting 24%, or I'm missing something?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Thanks bro. But just for curiosity, isn't telelift - 2,2 - telepush getting 25% and telelift - jump punch - telepunch - 2,2 - telepush getting 24%, or I'm missing something?
damage gets scaled so much when you use jp. Its very ineffective to use it and expect big combos. So use jump kick. Not neutral jumpkick either cuz thats super scaled too.