What's new

General/Other Batgirl is a wasted slot... wait... what?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
- Damn, how are we gonna make Batgirl, people gonna bitch she's a Batman clone...?
- Hey, let's give her wrist-blades she never used before.
- Yeah, that'll show them!
That honestly pissed me off as a Batgirl fan. I really hope that is only for a Super/Clash. I will be really salty if it doesn't work out... I will use the main man to bash her brains in. :16Bit

People are angry because they expected a female with unique powers like Black Canary, Starfire or Zatanna and they got a Batman knock-off, on top of that there are already 6 batman reps in the game, so a little more diversity would be welcome. It seems Boon made that poll after deciding that she would be DLC and just wanted to test the waters.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
People are angry because they expected a female with unique powers like Black Canary, Starfire or Zatanna and they got a Batman knock-off, on top of that there are already 6 batman reps in the game, so a little more diversity would be welcome. It seems Boon made that poll after deciding that she would be DLC and just wanted to test the waters.
Eh none of those dames have unique powers though.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
True. i don't play as batman or nightwing, so i'm hoping at the least she plays nothing like either.
She'll play differently but who doesn't want a character with drastically different abilities rather than another acrobatic character with gadgets? We all want to see the more creative abilities in this engine and it's always going to be disappointing to see them go with the easy route. I think she'll be fine but there's just so much potential elsewhere. Like with the lanterns, being able to create anything from their imagination, yet we get dull incarnations of them in IGAU imo. Quite unfortunate to me.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
She'll play differently but who doesn't want a character with drastically different abilities rather than another acrobatic character with gadgets? We all want to see the more creative abilities in this engine and it's always going to be disappointing to see them go with the easy route. I think she'll be fine but there's just so much potential elsewhere. Like with the lanterns, being able to create anything from their imagination, yet we get dull incarnations of them in IGAU imo. Quite unfortunate to me.
Not everyone I wanted Power/Supergirl.:D

"Better" is entirely subjective. I think they picked the best female... you obviously disagree. :16Bit
Let's take a look at logical reasoning for using someone else, say Black Canary.

She has martial arts abilities, just like Batgirl, so maybe even several of their normals could/would be similar.
She's actually been a long standing and formal member of the Justice League, an organization that spans the entirety of the breadth and variety that DC's Universe has to offer. She even led said organization.
She was teased in the story mode and actually has a small inclusion to the narrative and universe of Injustice.
She has a powerset that is nothing like anyone else in the game thus far.
Said powerset is one that NRS has a history with utilizing in a fighting game context.
She was deemed popular enough to be included in Justice League: Unlimited, as well as Young Justice, and had prominent places in both shows.
She would allow the people bitching about this character that was chosen being another Bat-character to shut the hell up(I personally don't have a problem that she is one, but still, it'd shut others up).

I'm not saying Batgirl is an awful choice or she'll be a bad character. I'm saying there was a better choice with greater advantages, in most conceivable ways.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!

To be fair, working any of the Lanterns into a fighting game is tough. Ironically, the Lantern power set which allows for anything to be possible is actually very hard to incorporate because of the sheer amount of options that you have. Someone's going to always be disappointed with the constructs and there's no practical way of incorporating them all. At least Sinestro is a semi good representation of the Lantern power set.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
yeah, no. it just has the most screentime cause of its rabid fanbase

Implying no other fanbase is rabid. :coffee:

I mean I would have rather had someone not from the Batverse, I'll be honest. I wanted Static too over a few other characters, but clearly NRS has other ideas. I just can't condone being an asshat over a DLC character. Like clearly the Batgirl fans aren't allowed to be happy with their character being in the game. Literally almost everyone is giving them shit.

Gruff757

The Gruff

I mean I would have rather had someone not from the Batverse, I'll be honest. I wanted Static too over a few other characters, but clearly NRS has other ideas. I just can't condone being an asshat over a DLC character. Like clearly the Batgirl fans aren't allowed to be happy with their character being in the game. Literally almost everyone is giving them shit.
im not saying others dont, but you gotta admit, the batman fanbase is one of the most rabid ones out there

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"

Tbh fuck the batgirl fans. 100