What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane's living MU Chart (v1.06/v.1.07)

GGA Max

I only think it's 6-4 Bane, but what do you mean strong wakeups? Only real viable one against us is the slide
Many that arrow spin is multi-hitting, and the jump-back arrow is tight on timing to charge through and punish.

I may be wrong, but this is what I experienced in my few arrow matches. I agree on 6-4.

Many that arrow spin is multi-hitting, and the jump-back arrow is tight on timing to charge through and punish.

I may be wrong, but this is what I experienced in my few arrow matches. I agree on 6-4.
Yea this is one character I've had extensive sets with, and I find I can still double punch hurricane bow as it has a slow startup and the invincibility isn't great on it. I think it's 6-4 for sure, but really once he's down it's still hell.

Jump back arrow though I find a breeze to hit, just dash up double punch/ charge knocks it everytime.

GGA Max

Yea this is one character I've had extensive sets with, and I find I can still double punch hurricane bow as it has a slow startup and the invincibility isn't great on it. I think it's 6-4 for sure, but really once he's down it's still hell.

Jump back arrow though I find a breeze to hit, just dash up double punch/ charge knocks it everytime.
Ahh I see, yeah with Jimmy as your training buddy I trust ya.

I can give tips on it anytime man, always really open to different takes on the matchups, it's just alot of us see only certain characters. Hell I'll probably need a hand on a lot of them haha. So I have to ask, since I don't have much doomy experience. Why does the MB uppercut change the matchup so much?

Vagrant

Noob
Newbisauce said it was just salt talk and he wants to play it more but thinks it's probably around 5-5

Yea I really didn't think it was 7-3 haha. I'd be glad to learn it though. Vagrant man, I really want to run against that Deathstroke again. It's hard to keep up pressure on him, So I'm still guessing 6-4 Deathstroke but want to really run it some more.

GGA Max

Bane can auto pilot it anytime he has meter. If doomsday blocks its -8, so a strict punish for d1XXEarthshaker which doesn't do much damage. It blows up every single one of doomsday's wake-ups, and it eliminates most of doomsday's oki on bane. There are probably SOME options. We practiced this over like 20 minutes, but there are no obvious answers yet.

And when doomsday blocks, he can easily get grabbed. It's an extremely favorable 50/50 for Bane when either character tries to pressure on wake-up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Polar bear, slide would be viable as a wake-up if we didn't get the benefit of having charge. Also with the new venom changes, he does even less. His new stinger buffs don't even help him because charge and dp beat out every follow-up.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Maxintensity25

Sup brutha. Good games last night. We will need to run it more. I like to make bold proclamations when there is something new, so ckearly that new Bane MB uppercut makes it 9-1. :)

I'm going to hit the lab and develop some answers to the oki game. In the end, who knows, it might be 7-3 Bane. Certainly felt like it yesterday, but give me some to develop some new strategies and then we can run this again. I really don't want to think Doomy has any MUs that bad besides Supes and Frost, so give me a few days to lab it up and see if there are answers.

GGA Max

Maxintensity25

Sup brutha. Good games last night. We will need to run it more. I like to make bold proclamations when there is something new, so ckearly that new Bane MB uppercut makes it 9-1. :)

I'm going to hit the lab and develop some answers to the oki game. In the end, who knows, it might be 7-3 Bane. Certainly felt like it yesterday, but give me some to develop some new strategies and then we can run this again. I really don't want to think Doomy has any MUs that bad besides Supes and Frost, so give me a few days to lab it up and see if there are answers.
That sounds good. I think there might be possibilities in earth shaker, but I trust you'll find something. Especially with night wolf findings on your resume. Vggs man.

Vagrant

Noob
Yea I really didn't think it was 7-3 haha. I'd be glad to learn it though. Vagrant man, I really want to run against that Deathstroke again. It's hard to keep up pressure on him, So I'm still guessing 6-4 Deathstroke but want to really run it some more.

Absolutely man!

Can't guaruntee a very good connection right now but we shall run what we can. Send me a message whenever you see me online, if I don't reply i'm probably away and just kept my xbox on haha! I think DS still has slight advantage post patch. because of his wakeups and keepaway from bane but I would not call this a severe problem matchup for Bane. Actually I'm hella lucky I have two extremely talented Bane players I can run sets against!

both:

Maxintensity25 offline at the arcade
BiPolarExxpress online in NRF

So fuck yeah to that!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Hurricane bow gets eaten the fuck up by Banes meaties on wake up when timed right. It's frustrating as hell. Even Savage blast gets caught and blown up. Slide is the only thing that seems reliable to wake up. Being able to MB it to be safe is something new, but to have to spend a bar just to wake up sucks.

Haven't played it since the patch, hoping to turn the tides a bit next time I play BiPolarExxpress as I have some new things I wanna try.

Just on damage output alone Bane is at advantage in this match up,

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i've always had bane-raven as a 5-5 match-up

maybe the patch changed it somehow, I haven't played her in ages

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
With the MB B3 buffs she can deal with him in any venom now. Teleport punishes charges, MB B3 beats most of his pressure options, and when he is on debuff he pretty much has to sit there and take pillars, which builds more meter for the first two options.

Blind_Man maybe you can explain it better.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
With the MB B3 buffs she can deal with him in any venom now. Teleport punishes charges, MB B3 beats most of his pressure options, and when he is on debuff he pretty much has to sit there and take pillars, which builds more meter for the first two options.

Blind_Man maybe you can explain it better.
I won't blame you for taking the Mb b.3 logic, zoidberg, however... You need meter in this MU to do damage, and all in all MB b.3 will only help against reckless charging Banes. Every other armored set-up involves d.1 and d.2 starters which will pop the Mb b.3 armor. Likewise, we never have a reason to go above 1 or even 2 simply because we don't need to anymore: As of this patch you no longer have grab immunity on any of your wake-ups, meaning we can BP and normal through everything.

Reactions: RYX