What's new

Anti-Air Trait DFD1

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Something really silly happened during some casuals where my opponent landed into the explosion of the Low Trait Pumpshot during their jump, we both then laughed at the hitbox of it. I messed around in training mode a little bit and found that if you antiair with it, it'll give you a large combo opportunity.

The AntiAir hitbox on the DFD1 with trait is so messed up, it hits really, really far for an longer range antiair, and really high up close too. Don't do it too early, you want the opponent to land into the huge green explosion.

It's a slower, but much more rewarding antiair, Here are some combos I got off of it, which are dependent on range and how high the opponent was when the pump shot hit them.

(J2, 113, dbf2MB, B3, F21, Db3) 42% 1 Bar [When you get a really good, Close Range antiair]
(DB1 MB) 21% 1 Bar [Really Close, throws em full Screen]
(21,db2) 30% [Easy to Confirm]
(dbf2MB, B3, J3, 21, bf3) 37% 1 Bar [Close-Mid Ranges, Really easy to confirm]
(3,df1) 21% [From Mid-Far Ranges]
(bf3) 14% [Farthest Range you can combo with]

I'm gonna mess around with this more in casuals, just messed around with it in training mode.

This is a really neat as fuck way to use low shot traited but I dunno about using an almost 20f anti-air on reaction to aa stuff. Maybe on a read, tho. I'd probably still use standing 3 since it's just 100x easier to use that as an anti-air.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
This is a really neat as fuck way to use low shot traited but I dunno about using an almost 20f anti-air on reaction to aa stuff. Maybe on a read, tho. I'd probably still use standing 3 since it's just 100x easier to use that as an anti-air.
Yeah, it's definitely not a go to antiair, but if you know they're going to anti-air, it seems good.
Most of the time you don't very huge damage off of antiairs, so this is pretty sweet.

Because of the range of it, you can antiair them from a really far away jump.