What's new

Anti-Air Options

Turnbull

Noob
What are you guys using as anti-air options? I've been playing around and basically came up with this:
For characters that don't have any stupid big hitbox moves (Ie. the opposite of killer frost's j3), you can usually start punishing with d1, d2, or even standing 1 or 2. I think superman is one of these characters, for example.

Some general combos that you can start off of d1 and d2:
d2, slide, u3, 2,2, MB grab, j2, f1,1,3, axe --> 29-30%
d2, slide, u3, u3, 1,1, MB Iceberg, b3, iceberg (or axe) --> 31%
d1 ~ slide,...etc.
d1, u3, ...etc.
One of the options I have found useful is d1~MB ground bounce. Uses meter, but even if the opponent lands before u connect the d1, you will be safe on block, plus if they try to d1 on landing you will armor through for a full combo off of an f3 launcher.

If they are jumping in without trying to cross-up, and you have a read on it, you can also use b2 as an anti air option. It's a slower move and will not work on cross ups as a result, but the damage scaling is way better.

Eg. b2, d1, slide, u3, f1,1,2,MB iceberg, b2, axe of iceberg = 40%
b2, d1, slide, u3, 2,2, MB grab, j2, f1,1,3, axe = 41%

Sadly, seems like really d2 is the most viable in all situations really (boring). Anyone find anything of note? Sorry if this is all redundant.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Slide works as a late AA, as long as they're not attacking really low to the ground, though it's not really the traditional AA we'd like (it'd be broken if it was). As you said, it's mainly only d+2 as a pure AA. She can AA with daggers if you predict someone jumping your daggers or glacier, but that's on a read.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I was fooling around with b2 as an anti-air because it kind of looks similar to d2 and doesn't scale damage like d2 does....however, the collision on hit is kind of wonky and it leaves you at a weird position (sometimes in front sometimes behind) where doing slide or d1 slide isn't consistent enough to make it worth putting more effort into.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
b+2 is WAAAY too slow to AA with, at 19 frames. It's a shame because it looks decent and leads into 40%+ easily.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had good success using 2~4, 2~slide as anti air last night against an Aquaman player. It hit him out of his J2 every time and twice out of his J3 :confused:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can use 2,2 to beat jumps in certain situations. Like if you block Doomsday's MB Venom. If you 2,2 after and he does a body splash you AA him with the second hit.