What's new

Am I the only one who likes MKT on N64 more than PS?

Ninja

Banned
Well, I do :) I know a lot of ya'll are going to disagree with me because of the worse sound, and graphics plus Khameleon < Chameleon, Kintaro, Goro and classic characters but I like the N64 version better for 1 reason..................

N64 Controller > PS :D

Kaiba

Noob
There's several players here who like 64, such as myself for one... even though I'm getting lazy with the Character Guide/Tier Discussion for that game.

Derek

Noob
If I'm correct I believe Crazy Dominican actually has said he likes MKT for the N64 better than UMK3 for the arcade. I like the PSX version a little bit better because of the massive amount of characters it has over the N64 version. Also the fact that it's less broken makes it a little bit more fun.

Ninja

Banned
I like broken games, another reason why I think N64 > PS version.

Ain't the top 3 like Kabal, Rain and Noob Saibot? (I'm new to the site)

I used to rape with Kabal back when I played human players now I probably don't becasue I haven't played a human in like 2 months because my friend I used to play since I was like 4 (i'm 20 now) in MK is a alcoholic and doesn't do ish no more.

But I find the N64 controller a lot easier to handle with the combos and movements than the PS.

And i like Trilogy more than the UMK3 Arcade.

Houzi

Noob
I myself love MKT more than PS. PS actually sucks, it takes FOREVER to load, and I don't get why they have a Choice to have Freeze/Load Time on Shang Tsung when he transforms. That's just stupid. MKT I grew up with and was the first Fighting game I actually have been into basically my whole life. UMK3 is my favorite right now I guess because it's on the DS and I play it everyday rather than on the N64 because my brothers now don't play me anymore because I supposedly got "Cheaper" because of going on this forum. But Idk, I just like doing combos that are cool looking.

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKT is fun to play on both systems, but MKT in whole was a huge let down. Team MK really dropped the ball on that one.

As a matter of fact, Team MK hasnt done alot right since UMK3.... :roll:

Kaiba

Noob
The tier starts out Noob, then Rain, then Human Smoke.
He gets number three because he still has a faster walk and the broken infinite can be done unblockable and teleport has no time limit like UMK3.

ded

Elder God
Kaiba said:
...he can do the broken infinite unblockable...
yeah! i tested it before mkt infinito since mkt n64 has really weird properties but i still cant get it unblockable in umk3 arc...

I too prefer the N64 version of MKT over the PSX version. Although I like both versions though :)

One thing that needs to be cleared up is that the graphics on the N64 MKT are suprior to the PSX N64, not the other way around. THe only exception is that the PSX version had more frames for the character animations. But as far as colors, clearity, sprite size and resultion, N64 MKT looks far better. I mean, baraka has one tooth on the PSX version for god sakes.

Although neither version looks as good as the UMK3 Arcade.

Ninja

Banned
ultimate_kombat_veteran said:
I too prefer the N64 version of MKT over the PSX version. Although I like both versions though :)

One thing that needs to be cleared up is that the graphics on the N64 MKT are suprior to the PSX N64, not the other way around. THe only exception is that the PSX version had more frames for the character animations. But as far as colors, clearity, sprite size and resultion, N64 MKT looks far better. I mean, baraka has one tooth on the PSX version for god sakes.

Although neither version looks as good as the UMK3 Arcade.
i always thought the ps had better graphics, i just got a lcd 31 inch t.v. and i have yet to play trilogy on it :D

too stuck with armageddon, im not good at armageddon but i like it

i mean the computer is easy but i cant do no wild combos like most of yall

Tim Static

Adminerator
A LCD, a plasma or even a 100 ft TV wont help the shitty N64 or especially PS1 graphics a bit. Trust me....it STILLS looks shitty, haha

I totally wish I had owned the N64 version of MKT.
It was cool to have Classic Sub do like everything U. Sub can and more. Classic Sub was like god.

Ninja

Banned
TheRagingStorm said:
It was cool to have Classic Sub do like everything U. Sub can and more. Classic Sub was like god.
Oh yeah, I loved Classic Sub-Zero in MKT for N64.

Ice Shower Close, Far and Mid
Ice Clone
Ice Blast
Ice Puddle
Ice Slide

and in the PS version I think it went...

sub-zero = ice shower close far and mid, ice clone and ice blast and ice slide

classic sub had ice blast, ice puddle and ice slide

Sub-Zero in N64 > PS :D:D:D::D:D:D

I forgot about that one >:D

Kaiba

Noob
I Only Play MK Games said:
TheRagingStorm said:
Oh yeah, I loved Classic Sub-Zero in MKT for N64.

Ice Shower Close, Far and Mid
Ice Clone
Ice Blast
Ice Puddle
Ice Slide

and in the PS version I think it went...

sub-zero = ice shower close far and mid, ice clone and ice blast and ice slide

classic sub had ice blast, ice puddle and ice slide

Sub-Zero in N64 > PS :D:D:D::D:D:D

I forgot about that one >:D
Yeah Classic Sub is #5 in the tier, gotta love the ice containments and the pop-up.

How can you like n64 controller better. PS is easy you can't miss hit anything the direction buttons are all seperate it rules for moves. None of this swing the hard joice stick, which gives u a blister after 10 minutes of gameplay, back and forward.

Though N64 rules cause it has goldeneye 007 ;)

Ninja

Banned
K to the Bal said:
How can you like n64 controller better. PS is easy you can't miss hit anything the direction buttons are all seperate it rules for moves. None of this swing the hard joice stick, which gives u a blister after 10 minutes of gameplay, back and forward.

Though N64 rules cause it has goldeneye 007 ;)
well it's actually fact the d-pad on n64 > d-pad on ps

but d-pad wise now...

PS > XBOX > NINTENDO

i remember using Sub-Zero and doing the 44% popup and than shower freezing right before they hit the ground so you'd be able to do it again and than do some ish in teh corner and get some 65% combo out of it.

the robos were the easiest to do it on >:D

I Only Play MK Games said:
playing with a keyboard must be hard
Playing with a keyboard is easy. Have you not ever heard of controllers for your computer??????

how dumb.

I use a ps2 controller on my computer n00b.

abc ur dead0 said:
Some people actually specialize in using the keyboard.
Using a keyboard in my opinion is practically cheating. If you are fluent at typing and good on a keyboard then it is a plus. You have four fast finger tips ready to strike the directions at any time. A Joystick you have 4/5 fingers and a hand which has to make directional movements. Controller two thumbs and two fingers for the shoulders.

Keyboard is not fair at all.