What's new

Advice needed

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
Ok so I have an intense rivalry with a buddy of mine ( supes being my main and his Wonder woman )

He is using what i guess you would call a " mix up" tactic that Im just sure how to counter.

He does everything he can ( and does it well, with her df3 air dash ) to get in close then either attacks with a low sweep or a jump in 3 with her lasso ( it has a HUGE freakin arc to it )

The true problem comes in the fact that im not sure how to block this or counter it at all, because he lands it right over head and no matter which way I try to block it nails me.

Any advice here? Am I being A completely noob? how can I attack his air approach

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
Well ill take the 48 views and no response as that I am being complete noob lol.

If anybody wants to take a stab at this basic question ---- Whats the best timing to try and pull the MB freeze breathe? I feel like if i hit it directly after my opener it wont go off, is this true? do I need to input it a hair after the opener?

Block and punish.Wonder Woman J3 is -8. Your only "true" options are D1 which is 6 frame and your Super Move. D1 should give you enough advantage to go into f23 pressure or 11,Low Scoop --- 112 cross up setup.

Also, you have Rising Grab, D2 and dash forwards/backwards to deal with any cross over attempts. You just have to train your brain to react fast enough or anticipate the jump in attack.

Wonder Woman DF3 I dont think she can do anything as she falls to the ground, punish/pressure him for that.

As for MB Super Breath.. Using f23,MB Super Breath, you dial in all the buttons except for the MB button and only press it during the startup of the animation is the best way I can explain it.

Loth Ryo

of house Ryo krypton
Block and punish.Wonder Woman J3 is -8. Your only "true" options are D1 which is 6 frame and your Super Move. D1 should give you enough advantage to go into f23 pressure or 11,Low Scoop --- 112 cross up setup.

Also, you have Rising Grab, D2 and dash forwards/backwards to deal with any cross over attempts. You just have to train your brain to react fast enough or anticipate the jump in attack.

Wonder Woman DF3 I dont think she can do anything as she falls to the ground, punish/pressure him for that.

As for MB Super Breath.. Using f23,MB Super Breath, you dial in all the buttons except for the MB button and only press it during the startup of the animation is the best way I can explain it.
Wow thank you so much man, your advice as been super helpful, I appreciate it!

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
If you know wonder women will air dash, do a forward dash and when she lands you can full combo punish. Jumping landing has recovery frames where they will not be able to block for a certain amount of time. Or back dash to be completely safe if you are not feeling risky.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
This is Superman's big downside I think...He cant punish much of anything. I'm having a tough time with certain "safe" characters as well. Dont be afraid to back off and start spamming heat vision. I like to make people frustrated so when they do get in, they make mistakes. Then you can open up on them a bit easier.

Chengler

Milky Holmes
This is Superman's big downside I think...He cant punish much of anything. I'm having a tough time with certain "safe" characters as well. Dont be afraid to back off and start spamming heat vision. I like to make people frustrated so when they do get in, they make mistakes. Then you can open up on them a bit easier.
God damn it, I hate how superman can do that.

He is good up close, he has that long range D3, the air dash cross ups, the insanely fast and safe mid hitting launchers, the 223 22 scoop mix up and then... when I finally break through him, he can just turtle all the way to the back and spam meter burned air lasers, which even when blocked are pushing you back some.

I hate that so much.

But do it, it works. If you're in a tight spot, zone em out. Only a few people can zone you more than you can them

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Air heat laser is very unsafe . It should only be used to counter opponents ground projectile because the recovery is extremely long. People can eat the 2nd MB laser and be in Supes grill.