What's new

General/Other - Acidic Acidic Alien (Xenomorph) PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SE1Z3

Noob
I can confirm that Instant Air Exo Sting is a thing, as I have been on MKXL for the past 40hrs or so. If anyone has any Acidic questions, post away or pm me as I am fully focused on that variation atm.

As a sidenote, Alien is definitely a very strong character, however the frame data is a little underwhelming when compared to the speed a first impression of Alien can give. Many of his strings/normals and special moves are deceptively punisable.

Ending strings with Acid Puddle does make them safe on block, his Overhead Tail Flip is also -7, Close/Far and even Air Exo Sting are unfortunately a bit too high on recovery.

One thing I keep reminding myself is there is definitely a Day 1 patch for the version of MKXL I am playing, curious to see what will change for all the KP2 characters.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can confirm that Instant Air Exo Sting is a thing, as I have been on MKXL for the past 40hrs or so. If anyone has any Acidic questions, post away or pm me as I am fully focused on that variation atm.

As a sidenote, Alien is definitely a very strong character, however the frame data is a little underwhelming when compared to the speed a first impression of Alien can give. Many of his strings/normals and special moves are deceptively punisable.

Ending strings with Acid Puddle does make them safe on block, his Overhead Tail Flip is also -7, Close/Far and even Air Exo Sting are unfortunately a bit too high on recovery.

One thing I keep reminding myself is there is definitely a Day 1 patch for the version of MKXL I am playing, curious to see what will change for all the KP2 characters.
Have you found any good damage? I can't get anything. Lowest in the game so far. Like 24% midscreen stuff.

Frenzy

Noob

Any chance you can give us an idea of how safe or unsafe alien is in general?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm honestly glad alien isn't gonner doing a whole bunch of njps and long combos that would look retarded. This variation is probably gonna be good.

Noob

Good Man!, indeed Insta Air exo Sting will be very good specially if your telling me that its recovery is high, but like i expected his frame data is underwhelming, you can tell when they used his acidic trait stuff that the startup and recovery where pretty high.. But the fact that acid puddle is safe on block will make up for it, and his extreme range wwill too... He doesnt seem (atleast in acidic) like a combo oriented character.. its more a poke here poke there get some range going, chip outs... that sort of thing.. so if ppl where afraid of him being broken, well, if this is what he will remain i have my doubts...

Tail flip is a lot "safer" that i imagined... can you check the block data on that pounce attack plz i would like to know if possible. Cheers in advance

Olcadan13

mkx apologist

My only question is does EX acid blood combo into other stuff in the corner or even midscreen?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Have you found any good damage? I can't get anything. Lowest in the game so far. Like 24% midscreen stuff.
So from some early footage I saw(a 38% 1 bar corner combo with Acidic) he can juice out of good damage easily.

And acid puddle(meterless, even) restands. That is huge.

AA acid spray is fast enough and pops up juggled opponent high enough for you to be able to land 2 on an already NJP opponent and still be able to combo afterwards in the corner.

EDIT: I was wrong it wasn't actually only 38%.

It was 38% plus the huge chunk the DoT stacks end up taking off which puts it at around 60%

I also saw a second one that was 41% in the corner and even more DoT.

I hope this is just another case of pre-day 1 patch shenanigans(i'm like 99.9% sure of it). I love this character as a fan of both the movies and his kit as a fighting game character but I absolutely don't want it to be broke.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So from some early footage I saw(a 38% 1 bar corner combo with Acidic) he can juice out of good damage easily.

AA acid spray is fast enough and pops up juggled opponent high enough for you to be able to land 2 on an already NJP opponent and still be able to combo afterwards in the corner.

It was 38% plus the huge chunk the DoT stacks end up taking off which puts it at around 60%

I hope this is just another case of pre-day 1 patch shenanigans(i'm like 99.9% sure of it). I love this character as a fan of both the movies and his kit as a fighting game character but I absolutely don't want it to be broke.
Lol wow. I don't even waste my time with Uber broken nonsense that will be gone in a few days. Learning the characters and their play mechanics, and realistic optimal combos are much more important lol.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I saw some early footage of both Acidic and Konjurer, that their damage isn't so bad, I can pm both if anyone wishes. (I've also seen that string with the tail in the gameplay trailer, which is showcased in one of the videos). Tarkartan seems to be the worst damage wise, but I really can't say anything til March 1st.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Lol wow. I don't even waste my time with Uber broken nonsense that will be gone in a few days. Learning the characters and their play mechanics, and realistic optimal combos are much more important lol.
I'm just responding to what you said man.

Unless you had a post-patch version of the game, I was simply informing you that it's damage isn't the lowest in that version of the game, or even close to it.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

Is that 60% a single combo? or a 38% + grab or something?

JDM

Noob
Maining him once he comes out. Likely this variation, wasn't impressed with the other two to be honest.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is that 60% a single combo? or a 38% + grab or something?
It was a 38% damage combo but because acid DoTs and the fact that they stack it ends up melting away 60% health in total.

---

Oh I forgot I said that haha!!! That was before things happened. :coffee:

I saw some early footage of both Acidic and Konjurer, that their damage isn't so bad, I can pm both if anyone wishes. (I've also seen that string with the tail in the gameplay trailer, which is showcased in one of the videos). Tarkartan seems to be the worst damage wise, but I really can't say anything til March 1st.
Haven't seen the frames on it but Tarkatan's damage should probably stay around that much. Already has range, speed, 50/50's, 50/50's inside of 50/50's, delayable rekkas, and multiple ways to easily extend combos. Understandably he'll be hard as dick to defend against so he needs to have faults somewhere.

And have you guys seen it's forward dash? It's kind of ridiculous, probably the best one in the game.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It was a 38% damage combo but because acid DoTs and the fact that they stack it ends up melting away 60% health in total.

---

Haven't seen the frames on it but Tarkatan's damage should probably stay around that much. Already has range, speed, 50/50's, 50/50's inside of 50/50's, delayable rekkas, and multiple ways to easily extend combos. Understandably he'll be hard as dick to defend against so he needs to have faults somewhere.

And have you guys seen it's forward dash? It's kind of ridiculous, probably the best one in the game.
What is Tarkatan's damage like?

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Correct me if I'm wrong but ex chop chop does like 12%.
But all this info is from the Kombat Kast, as far as I know, none of the leaks have shown th Tarkartan Xeno.

I'm sure I'll be great. Only time will tell. 48hrs away now...

Status
Not open for further replies.