What's new

A new easier bnb for 32 % damage.

i was trying out cage after the batch to get a feel for the new dash mechanism ,my main bnb was f4 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 nut punch it now does 31 % ,however i now use f4 dash2 dash 21 44 nut punch it does 32% and it's very easy and consistent.

i don't know if someone uses the bnb already and i do not really care ,i just wanted to point out that it is a consistent combo that can help many cage players who struggle with the dash 2 dash 2 dash2 44 nutpunch combo ,so try it out guys it might be suitable for another xbox pad user.

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
I like to do the 2's because i carry them to the corner. My main BnB is F4 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 Nut punch. Also 1's are also easy to pull off and you don't get that stupid F2 .

leek

Noob
I like to do the 2's because i carry them to the corner. My main BnB is F4 dash 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 44 Nut punch. Also 1's are also easy to pull off and you don't get that stupid F2 .
11 pushes farther than dash 2's

F4 dash 11 dash 11 dash 44 nutpunch goes futher than three dash 2's I believe. But that's the trade off imo for a less damaging combo. 2 gives 34% but harder to pull off. dash 21 does make it easier to land, though. and gives damage between the two.

yea i can do the three dashes but it misses sometimes in tense matches but this one is 100% consistent if practice for a bit,i like to make my combos maximum damage for minimum dashes :)

leek

Noob
yea i can do the three dashes but it misses sometimes in tense matches but this one is 100% consistent if practice for a bit,i like to make my combos maximum damage for minimum dashes :)
exactly. I trained myself to just do dash 11's honestly, just because under pressure it can be really hard to land dash 2's 3 times in a row.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
11 pushes farther than dash 2's
Yeah, I think Cage's best wall carry is: B3, dash 11, dash 11, dash 11, dash 44, Shadow Kick. Haven't measured the distance as yet.

As for the dash 21, I too agree with you. But dash 2 x 3 on an arcade stick isn't really that hard, maybe difficult on pad.

leek

Noob
Yeah, I think Cage's best wall carry is: B3, dash 11, dash 11, dash 11, dash 44, Shadow Kick. Haven't measured the distance as yet.

As for the dash 21, I too agree with you. But dash 2 x 3 on an arcade stick isn't really that hard, maybe difficult on pad.

I'm even on hitbox and F2 still comes out 1/10 times.

It's just something I'd rather not take the risk with, especially if dash 11 sets up for F4 combo reset

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco

Personally, I would NEVER sacrifice the possibility of ending the combo with nutpunch to carry my opponent to the corner. Just sayin...:duel:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If you want to be competitive just practice the regular BnB. All that will happen if you learn the other one is you doing ~2% less damage in the same situations. You will regret having this lower damage option in your muscle memory.

Even if you can't hit it 100% right away (which is normal) just go for it when doing your casual/online/whatever matches. Eventually you will have it down. Just because you lose from dropping something when you are new to a character doesn't mean you will never master it as time goes on.

It is completely possible on pad, stick, hitbox, DDR dance mat, racing wheel, etc. All it needs is you.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Honestly, I don't have much trouble with the dash 2s anymore. FF 2, FF 2, FF 2. You've just gotta get into that rhythm. Hell, I was doing it on a 360 dpad last week, it's not that bad. What I do have trouble with however, is I often drop the input for nut punch following the 44, which really pisses me off. Hate that. God damn bug.

I only use the 11s online, since dash 2s are generally too strict for online play.

Meshell

Peg Leg
The thing I dont like about the f4 starter is that its a 24frame attack and you'll eat an uppercut when you try to pull it. I only really use it on a confirmed crossover. If you're not a fan of dash punches you can f4 dash 2,1,f2 dash f3 nutpunch...its carries them about the same distance and hits around the same %.

Always, Always , Always end in the nutpunch! Ending with a flip kick or shadow kick leaves you at a disadvantage...think Noob or SB.