What's new

500+ Damage Combos with Supergirl (Competitive Mode) NEW TECH?

So I know there was more to the video than this but basically your tech is jump 2 links into meteburn teleport? This has been known for months now.
The idea for the tech is not jump 2, but specifically instant jump 2. The video was meant to give a new perspective on old ideas. While J2 is already used as a follow up in setups or as a jump in, instant J2 can be used as more of a neutral and punish tool.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I realize you're just trying to be a dick here but im trying to show people some benefits to maybe trying new things. instead of b12 punish, you ji2 punish etc
Don't mind him. I doubt he even mains Supergirl.

I've been more conservative with my meter usage as of late. Aside from obvious checks and anti-airs I normally like to save full trait for this exact purpose. This seems to be the proper way to play her, using one or two lasers if needed then from there you annoy and play footies. this increases the likelihood of mistakes or overzealous offensive assaults that end with the enemy opening themselves up, saving you the burden of doing it.

She is definitely a Top 5 character for two things....Neutral and Whiff punishes. Keeping b12 on lock and ready to go is wonderful.

So let me ask Sir DInk...

I personally love MB Tele>b3>ji3>S3-MB Trait. Does solid damage but the ji3 into S3 is hard as hell to time. whats your most optimal damage combo off a raw MB teleport??

Second question: how do you feel about the usage of float after a ji1 attack in airdash in punch in teleport...Gimmicks a mind games but it's great for blowing up d2's or people expecting you to 113 after a jump in(Looking to blow it up with a d1 or 2 which can be blown up by the above mention setups??

I feel like Supergirl is all about footies, and neutral but when she has meter and trait she becomes a truly scary force of gimmicks that honestly can open you up with more setups then I can count. I honestly don't believe another character in this game other then batman has this many different setups. It's amazing.....

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

I've been more conservative with my meter usage as of late. Aside from obvious checks and anti-airs I normally like to save full trait for this exact purpose. This seems to be the proper way to play her, using one or two lasers if needed then from there you annoy and play footies. this increases the likelihood of mistakes or overzealous offensive assaults that end with the enemy opening themselves up, saving you the burden of doing it.

She is definitely a Top 5 character for two things....Neutral and Whiff punishes. Keeping b12 on lock and ready to go is wonderful.

So let me ask Sir DInk...

I personally love MB Tele>b3>ji3>S3-MB Trait. Does solid damage but the ji3 into S3 is hard as hell to time. whats your most optimal damage combo off a raw MB teleport??

Second question: how do you feel about the usage of float after a ji1 attack in airdash in punch in teleport...Gimmicks a mind games but it's great for blowing up d2's or people expecting you to 113 after a jump in(Looking to blow it up with a d1 or 2 which can be blown up by the above mention setups??

I feel like Supergirl is all about footies, and neutral but when she has meter and trait she becomes a truly scary force of gimmicks that honestly can open you up with more setups then I can count. I honestly don't believe another character in this game other then batman has this many different setups. It's amazing.....
Seems you can hit confirm Jp1 into Jp2 teleport aswell. Thats pretty sweet.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Also Jumping opponents getting hit by raw Tele are launched...it's a great way to start a combo if your in the corner and they jump....you can convert with anything.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
All combos videos should be followed by them actually pulling it off in a real match. Seams from my perspective while this is more dmg than I am used to seeing from her, it is also going ot be super hard to do as MB-tele is not something you should really be getting hit by.

I think her strength is her mix ups. Maybe she doesn't need or even shouldn't have super powerful combos if she can get the mix working correctly. If going for a risky high DMG combo worth not having meter for her mixups.. which are more certain to do the damage at less risk?

myri

Time Warrior
I realize you're just trying to be a dick here but im trying to show people some benefits to maybe trying new things. instead of b12 punish, you ji2 punish etc
I actually wasn't trying to be a dick, I just felt like this video didn't show me anything I didn't already know, sorry you feel that way. Relax dude.

I "main" Ivy but I've played Supergirl just as much, why are you just making assumptions? Why does it even matter if I main her or not?

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
The idea for the tech is not jump 2, but specifically instant jump 2. The video was meant to give a new perspective on old ideas. While J2 is already used as a follow up in setups or as a jump in, instant J2 can be used as more of a neutral and punish tool.
Sorry but you're not going to be able to use instant jump 2 in neutral like it's aliens j2 lol. Even punishing it's pretty risky because you have to make sure you're on point with it. It's nice she has a alternate way to get damage but unfortunately this isn't something that will be very viable in higher level play. We've known about it forever it's just not helpful in competitive setting :/

Edit: Title a little misleading since it's technically not "new" but thank you for informing the ones who werent aware of it

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So I know there was more to the video than this but basically your tech is jump 2 links into meteburn teleport? This has been known for months now.

It never fails. It's like a race for someone on TYM to say, "this was known" to any tech thread.

One time, I can't remember who it was, someone posted tech in a character forum for MK. As usual, everyone said "this was known, lol".

So he asked for links to the original thread. No one could provide them. Not in the forum and not in the general discussion thread. No one could find links to where the tech was first discussed but multiple posters were blowing up the OP by saying it was "known".

Gosh, I just can't remember who it was.

Tweedy

Noob
It never fails. It's like a race for someone on TYM to say, "this was known" to any tech thread.

One time, I can't remember who it was, someone posted tech in a character forum for MK. As usual, everyone said "this was known, lol".

So he asked for links to the original thread. No one could provide them. Not in the forum and not in the general discussion thread. No one could find links to where the tech was first discussed but multiple posters were blowing up the OP by saying it was "known".

Gosh, I just can't remember who it was.
What Dink posted was posted before but I don't see the problem with reiterating something.

It's especially embarrassing when it's something that wasn't known, and the person posting is just trying to be superior for no reason.