What's new

"12th-level intellect" Brainiac General Discussion

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I dont know if this is news to any of you but
New shaders are cool but they are pretty similar to other ones already available. I like the alt, "B-13 Phantom (Alternate)". Reference to Brainiac 13 I guess.

I don't think d1~beta strike actually combo'd pre patch, it does now. Stuff like that seems easier, like if you did b12~trait release, it seems easier to get it to combo. Idk for sure though TBH.

Can't tell if these trait combos on Wonder Woman are easier or if I just knocked the rust off from practicing before I downloaded the patch. It feels easier but it could be placebo.

Beta Strike/Bomb after divekick feels more consistently plus and you can get it to fully jail into d1 and maybe some other stuff(as in, Divekick~Beta~D1 no gaps) but you are still at the mercy of spacing it seems like.

My LB button is starting to break from all this trait usage. :confused:
How are you getting beta strike to connect after d1? What character are you facing?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
How are you getting beta strike to connect after d1? What character are you facing?
Just so we're clear, I should of said Beta Strike release, not special cancelled into it. You just have to let it very shortly after d1 hits, it won't connect on block. It might be the same as pre patch I'm not really sure, I wish they were more clear in the notes what the change actually was. You could use something like this to get 50/50 worthy hit advantage.

Can you try if d1xxShoulder, beta strike connects consistently on females?!?!
I can't even land it on Catwoman midscreen, but it always felt impractical out of d1 to me so I never practiced it, perhaps you would have better luck. I'm finding it easier to land some shoulder~trait combos though but it's such hard thing to tell if it's really different.

Just so we're clear, I should of said Beta Strike release, not special cancelled into it. You just have to let it very shortly after d1 hits, it won't connect on block. It might be the same as pre patch I'm not really sure, I wish they were more clear in the notes what the change actually was. You could use something like this to get 50/50 worthy hit advantage.

I can't even land it on Catwoman midscreen, but it always felt impractical out of d1 to me so I never practiced it, perhaps you would have better luck. I'm finding it easier to land some shoulder~trait combos though but it's such hard thing to tell if it's really different.
I could always consistently land d1xxshoulder, beta strike, divekick mb, b3, j3xxdivekick midscreen on all big bodies, it is a lot harder on normal characters, and I have only been able to land it on catwoman once)))) but d+f1xxshoulder, beta strike at max range has been super consistent for me on every character. When I am back home will lab the shit out of that!!

Ok! I labbed the trait combos and I am certain that the changes were probably minimal. All the problems with comboing females are still there, don't see any difference.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Anyone want to play some games on PSN later? Was playing ranked last night and got destroyed by a Braniac, looking to get some practice in! My PSN is: TurboTaco91

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Is swing pressure a thing? Or gimmicks? Or am I on to something new? I.e doing several reps above your opponent

SixPathsOfHate

Is swing pressure a thing? Or gimmicks? Or am I on to something new? I.e doing several reps above your opponent
Its like how shinnok would link teleports with his j4, its punishable but its trippy and has a weird timing cause j4 is plus.

Its like how shinnok would link teleports with his j4, its punishable but its trippy and has a weird timing cause j4 is plus.
Shinnok's j4xxtele,j1 into anything was a blockstring. If done right it had no gaps, so it was legit. Stuff like doing 2 or 3 teleports in a row was a gimmick of course. Brainiac's swing pressure is definitely a gimmick , there is plenty of time to anti air, but it can be useful once you get the opponents respect..

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Shinnok's j4xxtele,j1 into anything was a blockstring. If done right it had no gaps, so it was legit. Stuff like doing 2 or 3 teleports in a row was a gimmick of course. Brainiac's swing pressure is definitely a gimmick , there is plenty of time to anti air, but it can be useful once you get the opponents respect..
Ah i got you.maybe do a few reps of close swings to get him to press buttons then if you read the aa, far swing dk punish?

SixPathsOfHate

Really? I always thought it was too inconsistent with getting it to block stun.

Really? I always thought it was too inconsistent with getting it to block stun.
Yes, it was a blockstring, it just depended on how deep you land your j4, I was also able to jail j4xxtele into j3, but it had to be done super deep. Back when mimicry was +104 on hit and sparks were +14 on block it was super broke : mimicry, j4xxtele,j1,f21xxsparks mb, run cancel, f4xxsparks , all jailed))) and no one would try to get hit by the j4 after being hit with j2xxtele,j1 which was a full damage buffed combo. Well and deep j4 could also be comboed into f4 and jailed into it on block)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i think im gonna stop going for the ambiguous divekick setup in the corner, or at least that really tough divekick, the one where u knocke em down, dash forward, and your behind them but the divekick doesnt actually cross up. its tight as hell, way to tight to be practical x-x.

i think im gonna stop going for the ambiguous divekick setup in the corner, or at least that really tough divekick, the one where u knocke em down, dash forward, and your behind them but the divekick doesnt actually cross up. its tight as hell, way to tight to be practical x-x.
It is practical once you learn the timing for each situation. I mostly use it midscreen in order to reverse or blow up wake ups. And then mix it with d3, j2xxdivekick mix. But I would agree with you about the corner. It is way easier to do a forward ambiguous divekick after any hard knockdown there or a dash forward nj2xxdivekick for non cross up and then immediate cross up /non cross up divekick.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It is practical once you learn the timing for each situation. I mostly use it midscreen in order to reverse or blow up wake ups. And then mix it with d3, j2xxdivekick mix. But I would agree with you about the corner. It is way easier to do a forward ambiguous divekick after any hard knockdown there or a dash forward nj2xxdivekick for non cross up and then immediate cross up /non cross up divekick.
midscreen is hard, doing b3, d3,dash forward into forward jump instant air dive kick is hard as hell, and it seems different for each character, you have to time it just as they're standing up so u don't whiff over there head, feel's like a pain, i'd rather just dash up and go for the nj2 setup instead. i still don' t like doing the corner setup either, i can still make the divekick crossup or not via nj instant divekick or jump back instant divekick.

midscreen is hard, doing b3, d3,dash forward into forward jump instant air dive kick is hard as hell, and it seems different for each character, you have to time it just as they're standing up so u don't whiff over there head, feel's like a pain, i'd rather just dash up and go for the nj2 setup instead. i still don' t like doing the corner setup either, i can still make the divekick crossup or not via nj instant divekick or jump back instant divekick.
Wake ups are why you should do that, a lot of them get destroyed by d3, dash,ia divekick. If you do d3, dash up nj2 midscreen some characters can simply anti air you if you don't condition them to delay the wake up first, and the ia divekick or forward j2xxdivekick do that.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Wake ups are why you should do that, a lot of them get destroyed by d3, dash,ia divekick. If you do d3, dash up nj2 midscreen some characters can simply anti air you if you don't condition them to delay the wake up first, and the ia divekick or forward j2xxdivekick do that.
well i tried doing it against black canary, she's so fkin small that i can't seem to get it, especially not the miscreen version, and if im worried about wakeups theres always his trait setups too.

any tricks for doin it on the smaller characters?
Ok, so when I am doing d3 on the standing opponent, dash on top of them and do an IMMEDIATE ia divekick it works on all characters even females. When I am doing a d3 on a juggled opponent the hit advantage is higher, you have to account for that by doing a dash and then waiting just a split moment before doing an ia divekick. And that also works on all characters, tested it on Supergirl and Canary.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Ok, so when I am doing d3 on the standing opponent, dash on top of them and do an IMMEDIATE ia divekick it works on all characters even females. When I am doing a d3 on a juggled opponent the hit advantage is higher, you have to account for that by doing a dash and then waiting just a split moment before doing an ia divekick. And that also works on all characters, tested it on Supergirl and Canary.
i have a harder time doing it from a juggle state than standing, and in the corner i usually try after a df2, which is also hard on small characters. just saying i feel like i'd rather do something easier than risk messing this up.

i have a harder time doing it from a juggle state than standing, and in the corner i usually try after a df2, which is also hard on small characters. just saying i feel like i'd rather do something easier than risk messing this up.
I understand that, I mess it up a lot in real matches, but most of the time even if I mess up the timing I end up blowing up most wake ups for a full combo. That is why I still use it as one of the options to enforce my Oki game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I understand that, I mess it up a lot in real matches, but most of the time even if I mess up the timing I end up blowing up most wake ups for a full combo. That is why I still use it as one of the options to enforce my Oki game.
i guess, i probably won't use it as often.

SixPathsOfHate

Can we discuss why the fuck b12 whiffs when characters are close up and its a MID. Lost 3 matches today with people MB rolling and ducking while I do b12.