What's new

Video/Tutorial Zod Bits n Bobs, New Trait BnBs, High DMG

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Just squeezing a bit more juice from Zod, thought now's a good time to post since the MKX hype slowed down (which im hyped for)

Few things to note about this Vid
-Everything is Practical
-Everything requires trait (obviously)
-No preemptive balls needed
-All is only 1 Bar

As ya can see the first half im covering jump in combos, depending on what your using to jump, 2 or 3 ranges between 49 - 51%, plus its not an instant action, You can even connect it just about halfway through trait

Notations
JI2 - J12 11d2, 4 f2 Trait Grab, fwd dash x2 Neutral jump 2 (cross jump then neutral jump or neutral jump then cross jump) 112, MB close Laser, fwd dash, f2, 123, charge - 49%

Ji3 -J123 11d2, 4 f2 Trait Grab, fwd dash x2 Neutral jump 2 (cross jump then neutral jump or neutral jump then cross jump) 112, MB Close Laser, fwd Dash, 123 Push or Charge -51%
(Possibly Mid screen Max Damage with 1 bar, no preemptive balls, 56% with stage bounce lol)

In the 2nd half are high damaging BnBs, works best after 123 into Trait as those do need to be relatively fast, but, as you can see, if you miss big deal, you still have enough time for f2 50/50 or trait pressure, so imo opinion i think there practical

Notations
Low - f213, 4 B3 ji3, Trait Grab fwd dash x2 Neutral jump 2 (cross jump then neutral jump or neutral jump then cross jump) 112, MB Close Laser, fwd Dash, 123 Charge - 49%

(Corner) - f213, 4 B3 ji3, Trait Grab, parry (for timing and building Meter) Mb Slow Balls, jump 2 fast ball, jumping 2 Medium ball, 3 Push - 48
(You can switch 3, for ji3 charge for 49%)

Overhead 1 - 123, 4, Slow Ball, 4 B3, Fwd dash Cancel, Trait Grab, fwd dash x2 Neutral jump 2 (cross jump then neutral jump or neutral jump then cross jump) 112, MB Close Laser, fwd Dash, 123 Push or Charge 38%

Overhead 2 -123, 4, Slow Ball, Dash Instant trait cancel,fwd dash x2 Neutral jump 2 (cross jump then neutral jump or neutral jump then cross jump) 112, MB Close Laser, fwd Dash, f2, 123, charge 39%

Hopefully these help will come in handy for some :)

(Apologies about the mic Quality its the PS4 mic, not the greatest of quality but does the job)

Last edited:

IrishMantis

damn
so much damage
Thanks dude that the goal, and to make it practical, no point of showing high DMG combo's if you will never get connect them

*came in expecting revised old shit* *left totally mindblown like wtf*

awesome shit dude, very optimized shit bro.
hahaha Cheers bro haha
I know the feel man, it annoys me too
especially when its on big hitbox chars its confusing!
thats why i go with BG or CW, if i can work on them it can on any
Thanks man

IrishMantis

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Cool shit, I'm gonna check these out. I think Zod is the most expressive character in the game, combo-wise.

Also your voice/accent is really soothing lol

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Good work bro. Your zod was a beast in the first place this stuff is just plain scary.

We need to play again. I will dust off raven. I will be on after 7ish

IrishMantis

Cool shit, I'm gonna check these out. I think Zod is the most expressive character in the game, combo-wise.

Also your voice/accent is really soothing lol
Cheers man, i thougt i was too montone because i was recording late at night :D

Well now, this was a juicy post. :confused:
I see what you did there, clever

Good work bro. Your zod was a beast in the first place this stuff is just plain scary.

We need to play again. I will dust off raven. I will be on after 7ish
Maybe next week pad is fked bro, might be getting a lend of a new one thanks for the input
Thers only so many fish a fishing rod can take haha, doesnt matter what hat you wear!

Someone tell jr or PL to tweet about this so it can get on the front page
Yo dude thanks for the compliment, really appreciate it :D

Someone tag @LaR wheres me props hahahaha

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Sorry missed your comment there

Speak to me son :D, you must know something i dont know
I love your bnb's very original stuff. On trait grab, just wiff a normal or wiff a throw/grab while the wraith has your opponent, then dash in and continue the combo. The wiffing normal or wiffed grab will reset the combo and rescale the damage from the top, so essentially its two combo's in one. Theres no escape from it once the wraith has your opponent in the grab. GA can do the same thing with ice arrows. you can get between 60-70 percent damage. SimSim and Pig showcased this tech awhile back, so I will not take credit for it.

IrishMantis

I love your bnb's very original stuff. On trait grab, just wiff a normal or wiff a throw/grab while the wraith has your opponent, then dash in and continue the combo. The wiffing normal or wiffed grab will reset the combo and rescale the damage from the top, so essentially its two combo's in one. Theres no escape from it once the wraith has your opponent in the grab. GA can do the same thing with ice arrows. you can get between 60-70 percent damage. SimSim and Pig showcased this tech awhile back, so I will not take credit for it.
Sounds too good to be true!
but is it guaranteed or something?,
thanks for the support man

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Sounds too good to be true!
but is it guaranteed or something?,
thanks for the support man
Yes its guaranteed once they are in the bite/grab from the wraith. What I do is an instant J2 wiff as I am jumping to the opponent in the wraith grab. its important to do an instant J2 so that the attack wiffs before you land, then proceed with a combo while they are still being bitten. THere is enough of a window to do all of this. Depending of the spacing of the grab, you can jump straight over the wraith bitten opponent and with a J2 wiff and redirect your combo the other way if you want them to carry to a corner or other side of the screen.

iheartBBC

Wake up DPs
Yes its guaranteed once they are in the bite/grab from the wraith. What I do is an instant J2 wiff as I am jumping to the opponent in the wraith grab. its important to do an instant J2 so that the attack wiffs before you land, then proceed with a combo while they are still being bitten. THere is enough of a window to do all of this. Depending of the spacing of the grab, you can jump straight over the wraith bitten opponent and with a J2 wiff and redirect your combo the other way if you want them to carry to a corner or other side of the screen.
They can block if you do this though. That's one pretty freakin' important part you left out. Lol.