What's new

Your predictions on who will be top 5 next patch

Or just predictions in general. NOT including unreleased DLC characters that we know almost nothign about

Almost all characters are in the beta now, we have a really good idea of how the game is looking. Assuming Tremor and Tanya get their rumored nerfs, share a rough idea of your predictions for next patch, no matter how outlandish, post your top 5.

I got DVorah at number 1, with her armour buff she now has it all now that she can wake up feeling like P Diddy, some of the best buttons in the game, amazing footsies, high damage, 50/50, RC pressure, they just plugged the one hole this offensive monster had

Reptile: Smart players know he was already underrated before the patch, I don't think he got much new so far in the beta just a Nimble buff, but I think the recent bout of nerfs put him above pre-patch top tiers like Cassie, Lao, and Quan,

LK: He is gonna miss his meterbuilding but I think his nerfs where the mildest of all the top tiers, you know Liu is gonna rock out as usual

Jax : Specifically Wrestler His damage got nerfed but man his tick throws on hit and block, and he still gets ridic damage. Theres no way he is going to do anything but climb due to all the current changes to other characters

Lao: Yeah he got nerfed but so did everyone around him, hes still gonna be a factor, the character will still be legit as hell IMO

P.S. I don't want to see any bitching or raging or shitting on others people's OPINIONS. This is pure speculation at this stage and you don't know any better than anyone else how it's going to turn out, we probably all gonna be wrong to some extent, and remember you guys are the same fucking community that thought Kung Jin was gunna be S tier on release and shit on anyone saying otherwise, so hold that and chill, let people have some fun this is just some fluff
Let's see what happens to Tanya first. Considering what happened to Quan and Lao, I would assume she gets similar treatment though.

LK will probably be top 5. JC could be up there, but top 5 may be a bit bold.

Kung Jin is still flying under the radar, eventhough he's still a gigantic shXt lord.

HanSolo

Noob
Haven't read every page of every beta thread but I'm gonna say
Jax
Quan
D'vorah
Lui
Scorpion? F/t?

Worth mentioning that I believe the actual top 5 will be dominated by kp1 and kp2 characters, possibly entirely.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I'd be very surprised if shaolin was S+ or top five after the next patch just because the previous S tiers received some nerfs. Shaolin was not buffed in any significant way (barely changed at all) and I don't think it is likely that the nerfs to the other top tier characters would really skyrocket him up that much. He's still solid af of course, but let's not get carried away

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
All these randoms claiming F/T is S+++ now when yesterday they didn't even know this character existed. Think for a moment
it's definitely a combination of BioHazard's recent performances along with the buffs we see now.
as of right now F/T is in the limelight for very good reason, he/she/they were already a really solid character, that was being mostly overlooked by the majority of the community.
F/T is in the limelight for very good reason, Ruthless after the PnG patch became an incredible with insane damage and amazing pressure, now with safe(ish) 50/50 options and new ways to extend already high damaging combos with some mind games to boot.
He's always been top 10 material, now this just solidifies it.

nugava

Noob
1. Vanilla Raiden f1 mid
2. Vanilla Raiden unscaled df2 ender
3. Vanilla Raiden f1 mid
4. Vanilla Raiden f1 mid
5. Vanilla Raiden f1 mid

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
D'Vorah is most likely better than Liu Kang now, that being said.

1. D'Vorah: Nothing but buffs for an already top 6 character.
2. Jax: A bit of damage scaling but that doesn't affect him too much and Wrestler got buffed.
3. Sub-Zero: No nerfs and the new breaker system acts as a buff for him.
4. Johnny Cage: No nerfs lmao
5. Toss up Between Liu Kang, Shinnok, Quan Chi, and Takeda.

New-Comers: Kano and F/T. F/T sounds broke as shit and Kano is now super solid in all variations, both of them could very well be in or right outside the top 7 discussion.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'd be very surprised if shaolin was S+ or top five after the next patch just because the previous S tiers received some nerfs. Shaolin was not buffed in any significant way (barely changed at all) and I don't think it is likely that the nerfs to the other top tier characters would really skyrocket him up that much. He's still solid af of course, but let's not get carried away
Who said anything about him even being top 5 let alone S+ in here

Tweedy

Noob
He kind of had the Mileena effect, though. Was really good, people just didn't recognize. Everyone and their momma picked him up recently, for good reason. He's like Lao without the advantageous EX hat mind game, with 50/50s. Now Lao no longer has that, so Jin is the go to Kung imo.

I put him at like #5, it's possible that he isn't. Just my opinion.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
He kind of had the Mileena effect, though. Was really good, people just didn't recognize. Everyone and their momma picked him up recently, for good reason. He's like Lao without the advantageous EX hat mind game, with 50/50s. Now Lao no longer has that, so Jin is the go to Kung imo.

I put him at like #5, it's possible that he isn't. Just my opinion.
yeah, i see where you are coming from. I still think Lao will be better overall tho.