What's new

Your main game before MK9?

gdf

Noob
MK2, Tekken 6, and MK vs DC. I'll concoct a story if you guys want later, but this is the bare bones.

For a while prior to our PS3 acquisition. I just made my brother play with me on vs mode Galactic conquest in Star Wars Battlefront 2. I chose the villains. Too bad the CIS were nerfed from SWB1-SWB2, the amount of ties we had in SWB1 were hilarious, being the last troop on either of our teams and just running at each other guns blazing.

Additionally, we took Deception and Armageddon vs modes very seriously, salt before we even knew it existed.

AYSAMO

Noob
I used to play Starcraft BW and Starcraft 2. I played Counterstrike in CAL a long time ago, too. MK got me into competitive fighting games, but I played Street Fighter 4 a lot casually.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
idk yet, i think people are overlooking superman he probably will turn out to be top tier lol, but maybe ill roll wit joker since ive always been a fan of him
You look to be a bit like me on mk9 : you like under-used char (dlc for example). Joker and superman will be both overused imo :\ (as batman)

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I used to play Starcraft BW and Starcraft 2. I played Counterstrike in CAL a long time ago, too. MK got me into competitive fighting games, but I played Street Fighter 4 a lot casually.
I feel like we're the same person lol. God I still think about CS beta. fixed suppressor m4,ftw

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
CoD lol. Other than that I played my N64 most of the time, Banjo-Kazooie, LoZ, Diddy Kong Racing, etc.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was a speed runner for a while on games like Super Meat Boy, Splosion man, Ms. Splosion man, and my best one trials HD.

After that I was a hardcore Assassins Creed player(Clans, online tournaments blah blah) until I realized Ubisoft does not know shit about anything.

And then MK9 :D

Dark_Rob

Noob
UMK3 mainly. I used to play with 9.95, REO, Shock,Summoning and AC1984. That was really the beginning of VSM that group of people.
Before that I played SF4 but not really competitively. I didnt understand competitive gaming back then.

Reedoms

Noob
I was a speed runner for a while on games like Super Meat Boy, Splosion man, Ms. Splosion man, and my best one trials HD.

After that I was a hardcore Assassins Creed player(Clans, online tournaments blah blah) until I realized Ubisoft does not know shit about anything.

And then MK9 :D
There was comp Assassins Creed? How would that even work?

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
SF HDR, and Bookworm

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Competitively it was Halo 2, Gears of War, CoD4 and of course, UMK3. I really don't play MK9 that much though.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Nothing really. I played Third Strike for the longest time, but it just kind of faded. After that, some of my friends got me into MW2 and I was grinding that. Black Ops - MW3 I never really took to, so I mainly played 3S and MW2 until dat one day April 2011.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Played SF4 Because MKDC was embarrassing

MKA/MKDC was a far dark period where I left fighting games cause those two sucked

Mainly passed time w online spades, GOW and dead space

Focused more of time on music

I haven't enjoyed a FPS since DOOM2

Dead space felt different like Metroid did

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i was really into h3 before i met my current girlfriend and before picking up mk9. i was always a mortal kombat fan, since i was 6 and my cousin would play umk3 with me, he was 14, and after 2 weeks i never lost to him again lol. i remember when mka was coming out i was maybe 14, heck i remember playing mk4 in domincan republic against much old guys wopping there asses lol. but i went to mlg meadowlands and columbus 09 for halo 3 and was one answer to a yes or no question with my team if we were going to go to chicago 2010, like my finger was right on the book flight button for AA's then i called kyle (teamate) again to triple check and he said "on second thought, nah" and we al agreed to hang up our halo tryhard hats.........then i sold my xbox for a year i was gaming-free then bought one for the hell of it, halo reach sucked balls. GF bought me ps3 last christmas and mk9....... i had a lot of catchin up to do..................see you at NEC :)